November 16, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform
We primarily use Meltwater as a search and monitoring tool for the entire organization. It allows us to know when our brand is mentioned in the news media and the potential reach for any of our proactive efforts. We have also recently started using Meltwater as a way to connect with journalists or other sources who may be interested in the content we are developing.
- Meltwater has a good reach and makes it easy to add new media sources if they do not pick up brand mentions natively.
- The account support has always been good with Meltwater and we can typically resolve problems quickly.
- Meltwater has an easy-to-use interface that makes it simple to get started.
- It would be nice to have more customization available with the dashboards and other widgets.
- I recently learned that you can create influencer lists from the general search results. It would be helpful to make that more clear for users.
- I wish there was an easier way to set up the boolean searches. Account managers are great to help but it seems like there has to be a way to make it easy for novices to get a search set up correctly.
- We do not have a quantifiable ROI for Meltwater. We have had success in using it to reach out to a few news organizations that we would not have been able to reach without Meltwater, but it is a relatively limited scope.
As with any product or service, you need to determine whether Meltwater is truly going to meet your needs. It has a lot of features and the add-ons continue to grow. If you do not have a way to track brand mentions and to search news outlets for information that is relevant to your industry, Meltwater is a great option to consider. If this is not important for your organization, it may not be needed.