Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Dynamics AX
As my capacity as a consultant, I've overseen Dynamics AX deployments for five organizations in industries such as distribution, manufacturing and professional services. Four of these involved international operations. In all cases there was a requirement to convert to a more powerful ERP solution.
- AX has powerful financials including use of dimensions ideal for reporting
- AX now has a mature projects module ideal for professional services organizations
- AX has also matured into a viable product to support global and multi-national organizations
- AX report writing tools are not intuitive and almost always require external resources to write them - improvement in this regard is needed.
- While AX 2012 R2 was a nice save from the original release I have a long memory - greater care and attention to alpha and beta testing is in order to minimize issues with a release that should have never gone out the door.
- All of my clients have realized greater ROI than originally anticipated following go live and truly learning how powerful Dynamics AX can be.
- All of my clients expended far more on their respective AX implementations and appreciated my advice to set aside contingency funds. In most cases it was the client who introduced additional scope in the middle of the implementation.