May 20, 2015
Score 8 out of 10
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010
- Financial, Payroll, AP
Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Dynamics GP
We use Microsoft Dynamics GP for AP, payroll and finance. Our AP is managed through the system as is our payroll and time management. We have an integrated time clock as well. Additionally, we generate financial statements with GP. We do not use across departments. Our sales order entry, AR and manufacturing uses different software and interfaces to GP.
- Financial reporting is easy and can be done with the reports that are set up in the system.
- Payroll and time management is easy to manage in GP. The integrated time clock posts hours directly into GP. The steps to generate the payroll are short and easy.
- We found the sales order entry process to be cumbersome and requires too many steps to get the invoice posted and the documents for customer generated. We process many sales orders in a day and need a system that allows for quick entry and processing. This system did not meet that need.
- We have a fairly simple manufacturing process. The manufacturing module seemed to be geared to more technical and in depth processes and we were not able to find a way to fit it to our needs. We wanted a system that would allow the accounting to be as straightforward and basic as our manufacturing process is.
- We have seen increased employee efficiency in AP. The entry is easy.
- Our reporting has improved and we are able to manage the financial indicators easily.
I recommend asking for estimates on the time required and the number of steps required to process something from start to finish (sales order, manufacturing an item). The difference across software can be significant. In some areas we found that it matched our needs. In other areas, it was not manageable with our current operation.