Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Planner
We use the Microsoft Planner in our organization heavily to create, manage and orchestrate the simple to complex project plans / tasks. The ability to create, edit, view and share the plan, files and timelines with the internal and external team is helpful and versatile. The smooth integration of native Office 365 apps improves the usability of Microsoft Planner. It is amazing that each new plan created in Microsoft Planner automatically creates a new Office 365 group.
- Project plan creation, managing, assigning the tasks within the team and tracking the status in real time
- File sharing, orchestrating the communication
- It enables us to communicate and collaborate with other users, and receive progress updates via various means.
- Microsoft Planner has the basic and common set of features that most other project management software already have, MS should think of adding some exclusive features apart from the traditional feature sets
- Microsoft Planner misses on native ability to manage and note the time expense of professionals working on the tasks
- Existing Gantt chart layout can be improvised by adding navigation and clear from tasks dependent on each other
- Ability to connect with Office365 Apps
- Assign and manage tasks, share files, communicate and collaborate with other users
- Ability to access via the mobile app on the go!
- Improved the visibility of team in the project progress and status
- Communicate and collaborate from various channels (other office 365 apps) through planner has improved the overall team experience
- Simple and easy to use navigation options and features resulting in quick and high adoption among the team
Microsoft Planner has a clear cut edge over all the other project planning software of having its native and extensive capability of integrating with the Office 365 apps which everyone uses heavily. Also, it is highly accessible and usable to a large extent through PDAs and mobile apps which adds to the practicality of the platform. It enables users and teams to create plans, assemble and assign tasks, share files, communicate and collaborate with other users, and receive progress updates via various means and platforms. The way Microsoft bundles Microsoft Planner with all the other applications it has is simply amazing, no competition can touch the level and depth of integration, streamline data flow that Planner has to offer. Simply amazing!
Do you think Microsoft Planner delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft Planner's feature set?
Did Microsoft Planner live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Microsoft Planner go as expected?
Would you buy Microsoft Planner again?
I would recommend Microsoft Planner to anyone who is using Office 365 apps and would like to leverage the best in class native connector to link the tasks, documents and conversation from the other Office 365 apps with their Planning platform. The ability of Planner to integrate and connect with Office 365 cloud is really commendable and highly useful. It has all the required features that one would need for creating, managing plans and tasks for simple - really complicated and large enterprise level projects!