https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Um/fq/KH16WVORPPAO.JPEGProjectplace (or perfect place) great for inter-department workflowWe are a single company using the product, but our team is all over the United States. We currently use Projectplace to manage the workflow of our publications across the editorial and the design departments. The cards and boards in Projectplace help us stay organized, on track, and gives us a great visual to see where each department and feature stands throughout the production process. The ability to assign cards to different users, leave notes, and start brainstorming conversations in each workspace is extremely beneficial and no other project management interface compares to that visual organizational aspect.,The boards are great for organizational purposes- and the visual aspect and drag and drop functionality is easy and efficient. Creating different workspaces within our organization is a huge benefit of using Projectplace since we are a two-sided company (publishing and marketing/branding). The card system is brilliant and makes moving along magazine elements from editorial to design departments flawless.,Some of the different views/stats seem a little cumbersome and overcrowd the dash In a recent update the ability to drag and reorganize cards in the My Overview setting went away. The Group by dropdown is helpful, but I wish I was still able to rearrange the cards within each workspace/due date/etc. With how I use Projectplace there aren't really a lot of cons!,10,Action items and tasks Prioritize resources and workloads Delegate work assignments Share and review documents,With my company, the collaboration happening within Projectplace is strictly inside-team only. But being able to manage tasks between our departments has made our communication and collaboration efforts effective and strong. Being a fully remote company, I don't think we would be able to thrive as much as we do with Projectplace.,1 to 10,Unfortunately I don't have any access to numbers or ROI stats, but the ease of day to day work with Projectplace is truly priceless.,Asana, Slack and BasecampEnterprise Architect's perspectiveIt is being used by the PMO and contributing members. As it's leveraged by the PMO, multiple participating teams are leveraging it, but it's still in it's infancy.,Boards view is fantastic for contributors to create, assign, and track tasks. My Work view is good for at-a-glance information but could use some work.,Dependencies for board items are a bit unclear. I have completed tasks in the My Work view that show as overdue, presumably because other portions of the tool aren't configured or scheduled appropriately. Dependencies could and should drive do this then that type activities, but there doesn't appear to be any direct workflow or linkage between them other than at a superficial level. File collaboration requiring an agent is cumbersome. Why isn't there integration to Sharepoint or another more seamless document repository? This platform creates another competing source of truth for documents which is a problem. I believe the reporting interface could be improved - our PMO is currently experimenting with yet another solution to create better at a glance reports from a burndown perspective. Planview has all the raw data so this is re-work.,7,Traditional structured projects (Gantt) Action items and tasks Delegate work assignments,Definitely use embedded comments and tags to bring items to people's attention.,11 to 50,Easier integration of my workflows into PMO-level visibility.Greatest tool ever!It is used by several departments in multiple locations. I've only seen it in English.,Copy Kanbans in Kanbanboard. Is great to Forward an email and Kanban automatically appears. There is a lot I can add to each, emails, charts, images, documents, check lists and comments. Is a great way to capture my time work, and specify each activity.,I would like to delete Kanbans, alternatively I edit them with another info. In time sheets I can copy all activities from last week, but It would be great to choose which ones when I need to copy and/or delete some of them. A delete option is specially needed when adding activities, I often choose a wrong one.,10,Traditional structured projects (Gantt) Action items and tasks Delegate work assignments Share and review documents Track time spent on activities,It helps to communicate with my team and organize my time and which activity must be done more urgently than another.,More than 500,I can be more organized and focused on what I am working. I finish my activities on time and have all info I need in the same place for each one.,ProjectPlace? Project Right!We use ProjectPlace in two main ways. First, we manage our software development process with internal users. Our PM puts the big picture stories in ProjectPlace and then moves them through until their done. Users can see and comment, label, and move cards around to help us prioritize work for the development team. Secondly, we use it to manage a variety of data collection processes. Cards are assigned to people from various departments over a monthly process as each person completes their work.,Labels, Dependencies, Checklists are really awesome aspects of each card that let you customize the work appropriately for the task at hand. The way the unused features are hidden allows each card to really fit the work and not become overly complicated. Using swim lanes to lay out the cards allows us to use one board where other tools would make us use multiple ones. We can lay them out by label, or assignment, depending on the project or task at hand.,The labeling could use some work. I'd like to be able to change the order, add more colors or styles to the labels. The reporting could use some work. I'd like to be able to download the raw data over time, so I can get a better sense of how things are moving. The charts are good but hard to dive into without being able to see the backing data.,9,Agile Action items and tasks Prioritize resources and workloads Delegate work assignments,We only use ProjectPlace internally. We find it odd that you don't have an organizational view - you can't manage a bunch of accounts that you created, you can only kick them out of projects you own. To remove people from ProjectPlace, I have to log in as them and cancel my account, which is weird. I should just be able to turn off accounts for "my" domain. For example, Joe comes to work for me at ABC and receives the email account joe@abc.com. I invite him to ProjectPlace. Joe works for a few years and then leaves. There is nowhere that I can go in and remove the "joe@abc.com" account from ProjectPlace because ProjectPlace assumes that it is a personal account, not a business account. To get around this, I have to reset his password, log into his "joe@abc.com" email account, then log in to ProjectPlace as joe@abc.com, and then self-destruct the account. Really?,11 to 50,We have not done any analysis on this. Occasionally our finance people talk about the expense of ProjectPlace, but I just point out that it's better than Trello and less expensive for us than the Business version of that tool.,Asana, Trello and JIRA Service DeskUser for 4 months - Very good impressionProjectplace is used across the whole organization to plan & control projects having team members in different countries/time zones. It allows us to assign actions, track their statuses, exchange messages visible to all team members, store data & information and make quick reports on the actual status/pending actions...Also financial information on the benefits of the projects are tracked.,Send reminders / advice for tasks assiged to be completed. Quickly extract easy summary of information. Easy share of data / info.,The board structure can become complicated - it would be nice to view the same action / card on multiple boards. The gantt chart of the plan is difficult to see.,8,Traditional structured projects (Gantt) Action items and tasks Delegate work assignments Share and review documents,Used internally only (team members & stakeholders within the organization) - very effective for collaboration (exchange information / data / assign tasks).,More than 500,Not measured yet
Planview Projectplace

Planview Projectplace Reviews

Planview Projectplace
Top Rated Award
Filter 267 vetted Planview Projectplace reviews and ratings

Brittany Alloway profile photo
October 08, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Projectplace (or perfect place) great for inter-department workflow"

• The boards are great for organizational purposes- and the visual aspect and drag and drop functionality is easy and efficient.
  • Creating different workspaces within our organization is a huge benefit of using Projectplace since we are a two-sided company (publishing and marketing/branding).
  • The card system is brilliant and makes moving along magazine elements from editorial to design departments flawless.
  • Some of the different views/stats seem a little cumbersome and overcrowd the dash
  • In a recent update the ability to drag and reorganize cards in the My Overview setting went away. The Group by dropdown is helpful, but I wish I was still able to rearrange the cards within each workspace/due date/etc.
  • With how I use Projectplace there aren't really a lot of cons!
It is well suited for inter-department communication and organization. Whether for handing off pieces of a project (in my company's case magazine departments/features from editorial to design) or seeing the full scope of what is at which stage (using the bards).
Read Brittany Alloway's full review
Jeffrey Thompson profile photo
October 08, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Enterprise Architect's perspective"

• Boards view is fantastic for contributors to create, assign, and track tasks.
  • My Work view is good for at-a-glance information but could use some work.
  • Dependencies for board items are a bit unclear. I have completed tasks in the My Work view that show as overdue, presumably because other portions of the tool aren't configured or scheduled appropriately. Dependencies could and should drive do this then that type activities, but there doesn't appear to be any direct workflow or linkage between them other than at a superficial level.
  • File collaboration requiring an agent is cumbersome. Why isn't there integration to Sharepoint or another more seamless document repository? This platform creates another competing source of truth for documents which is a problem.
  • I believe the reporting interface could be improved - our PMO is currently experimenting with yet another solution to create better at a glance reports from a burndown perspective. Planview has all the raw data so this is re-work.
Definitely use embedded comments and tags to bring items to people's attention.
Read Jeffrey Thompson's full review
Karla Chacon profile photo
October 05, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Greatest tool ever!"

• Copy Kanbans in Kanbanboard.
  • Is great to Forward an email and Kanban automatically appears.
  • There is a lot I can add to each, emails, charts, images, documents, check lists and comments.
  • Is a great way to capture my time work, and specify each activity.
  • I would like to delete Kanbans, alternatively I edit them with another info.
  • In time sheets I can copy all activities from last week, but It would be great to choose which ones when I need to copy and/or delete some of them. A delete option is specially needed when adding activities, I often choose a wrong one.
I think this is the best work planner I've ever worked with. Just need a delete option for small mistakes.
Read Karla Chacon's full review
October 05, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "ProjectPlace? Project Right!"

• Labels, Dependencies, Checklists are really awesome aspects of each card that let you customize the work appropriately for the task at hand. The way the unused features are hidden allows each card to really fit the work and not become overly complicated.
  • Using swim lanes to lay out the cards allows us to use one board where other tools would make us use multiple ones. We can lay them out by label, or assignment, depending on the project or task at hand.
  • The labeling could use some work. I'd like to be able to change the order, add more colors or styles to the labels.
  • The reporting could use some work. I'd like to be able to download the raw data over time, so I can get a better sense of how things are moving. The charts are good but hard to dive into without being able to see the backing data.
Anytime you're dealing with stakeholders (both technical and non-technical), I love to put a kanban board in front of them and let them see the work. ProjectPlace does a great job of exposing all work to the user and allowing them to keep track of all their various tasks, even across projects.
October 08, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "User for 4 months - Very good impression"

• Send reminders / advice for tasks assiged to be completed.
  • Quickly extract easy summary of information.
  • Easy share of data / info.
  • The board structure can become complicated - it would be nice to view the same action / card on multiple boards.
  • The gantt chart of the plan is difficult to see.
Big projects with many members who cannot meet frequently.
October 05, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Great for Project Management - UI Needs Some Work"

Projectplace is being used to organize IT projects, along with its ability to notify users on notes added by the project manager, or manager of the project. It is also used to shelve ideas about upcoming projects, and to ensure that those projects are organized.
  • Notifications on Projects and Cards
  • SSO Integration
  • Website UI Design
  • Website UI Consistency
  • User Management and UI design
Projectplace is well suited for use in a large organization where multiple projects are shared across a division, and where multiple managers will have moving parts of a single project. Software releases are another good use of Projectplace, where moving parts have timing, and approvals are required for object release.
Projectplace is less suited for divisional goals, and a small project involving few moving parts.
October 03, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Save time - use Projectplace!"

I use ProjectPlace for several project life cycle elements - primarily document review and repository including version control, and tasks and activity tracking using Boards.
  • Document review tracking with version control
  • Task and activity management
  • Collaborate with internal and external team members on tasks.
  • Set up reminders on tasks.
The UI is very user-friendly, easy to learn, and simple to use. Project task tracking and issue management is a huge benefit using this tool. Assigning tasks to users, closing tasks, updating details with attachments are all very simple to use.
Using the Boards to track tasks and activities is a great feature.
Rachel Robinson profile photo
June 25, 2018

Review: "Planview Projectplace as File-sharing and Collaboration."

We are using Planview Projectplace as a file sharing and collaboration site. It helps us share information between companies in on place. It is designed to be used for our project team and the customer. To my knowledge, the only language being used is English.
  • Planview provides many different ways to share information.
  • Planview is customizable to the project.
  • Planview is easy to use.
  • Plan view allows any type of naming convention allowing for everyone to upload things This can cause disorganization.
  • It can be difficult to find things if the plan rooms have all been set up in different spots.
I believe it is well suited for construction, and file sharing. However, it can feel clunky when it comes to uploading items and organizing things. It is helpful that you are able to upload so much information to one site, but it seems that things could potentially get lost easily if an organization is not set up well from the get-go.
Read Rachel Robinson's full review
Lauri Zachry Truong profile photo
June 19, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Projectplace, one of the more unique project management tools on the market"

I'm actually a contractor for Planview Projectplace in addition to my full-time role at Amazing.com. The main business problem Projectplace addresses on the marketing and content teams is version control. You know the document in Projectplace is the most updated one. It is being used by the whole organization, even though my main function with it currently is the marketing team. Multiple countries and locations are involved and English is the language that is mainly being used to communicate.
  • I really the like version control aspect
  • There are a lot of document storage capabilities in an order that flows and makes sense
  • Love the flow of the Kanban board set up
  • Sometimes when you look at the Kanban board set up, it almost appears too busy, compared to competitor products like Basecamp
  • I've had issues in the past where when I add a new document it replaces an old one with it instead of keeping the old and the new files.
Version control and document storage
With its email integration, Projectplace makes it easy to collaborate with people on your team internally and externally.
Read Lauri Zachry Truong's full review
John Marais profile photo
June 18, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Projectplace - What you need for a matrix organisation and resource utilisation"

Projectplace is a good application to manage resources that are involved in multiple projects. It allows for clear tracking of information requests, files shared and defect management.
  • Assigning tasks to resources across multiple projects
  • Upload, review and share files for multiple projects and across organisational boundaries - a one-stop solution
  • Issue functionality is cumbersome to use, not always easy to filter for open issues or use multiple filters.
Well suited for vendors that have resources working across multiple projects, planning, resourcing and delivering projects in a matrix environment.
Projectplace works well in a multi-stakeholder environment where companies need to collaborate on a project - setup of users was easy and allow sharing of tasks and files across company/ country boundaries.
Read John Marais's full review
Elizabeth Farsolas, MBA profile photo
June 22, 2018

Planview Projectplace: "ProjectPlace Review"

We use ProjectPlace across our enterprise in English only. Good project management software.
  • Organizing plans
  • Detailed timeline
  • Communication Options (Weekly, daily, etc)
  • Copying multiple cards at once and pasting them to a different area
  • Combining multiple templates
  • Better web conferencing tool
  • Calendar tool (have cards update on calendar when edits are made in ProjectPlace)
I think it's a good, basic project management tool.
It has leveraged our communication with internal and external stakeholders via the various communication tools.
Read Elizabeth Farsolas, MBA's full review
Agneta Nyrén profile photo
January 22, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "First impressions of Projectplace"

My company uses Projectplace as the tool for managing projects, portfolios and other development. We use it in Swedish.
  • It's easy to invite people to take part in projects or share documents without them knowing fully how to use Projectplace.
  • Good functionality for conversations between team members. You can easily follow a discussion and you don't need to use email.
  • The plan is not very easy to work with. It's too easy to make mistakes when moving activities and sub-activities.
Well suited for planning and getting a good overview. Good for communicating within a project.
Haven´t used it that much, just for working toghether with Consultants. That has worked very well.
Read Agneta Nyrén's full review
June 18, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "difficult to use across multiple projects"

Projectplace is being used to track projects, activities, boards, and development of specific features and bug fixes. We also are using it for time tracking and upper management is using it for strategic planning.
  • We can write cards quickly.
  • We can update cards quickly.
  • We can move cards quickly.
  • The individual dashboard sucks and basically makes this tool so painful that I would not recommend it for the line employee.
  • I work on several projects and there is one dashboard "My overview" that can't be modified. All I get is a list of cards on the right in some random orders from the eight or so project boards in one long list. You MUST implement some "cascading" dashboard that shows a hierarchy of Project > Activity > Board > Card > Status with configurable fields shown, where sections can be collapsed when focusing on one area.
  • The ID for cards can be the same as the ID of a different card on another board. If you move a card to another board the ID changes.
I believe this tool is only appropriate for one simple project at a time.
We are just starting to use the documents and links features. It is ok, but really offers no benefit that I see over a wiki or even Google Drive.
February 07, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Projectplace"

Projectplace is being used in English across the development half of the organization to manage R&D project timeline, tasks, resource management, and time tracking. Departments that participate in program use include research and development, quality engineering, program management, product management, and operations/manufacturing.
  • Card for individual task tracking and assignment are useful for small activities
  • Like the homepage as a base summary of all ongoing project assignments
  • Gantt chart functionality is limited. The fact that any small change can move the timeline and cannot be "undone" gets frustrating when the incorrect change is accidentally made.
  • It would be helpful if the time reporting page automatically saved. There have been several instances where I or others have entered time and forgotten to save, since the software I've previously used did it automatically.
  • Being able to assign multiple people to a card would also be helpful. Not necessary, but we have several tasks that get a primary person assigned but involve small input from others, but the tasks themselves aren't large enough to warrant breaking them up into multiple cards.
Well suited for day to day activity management. Being able to break down project activities into individual task cards, including the easy "drag and drop" of these cards into their appropriate status columns, is very helpful in creating a checklist of tasks that need to be completed.

Less suited to high-level project management. The Gantt functionality is limited and does not include all features commonly seen in software like Projectplace. It would be helpful to have the ability to list cards/subtasks, resources, other information on the Gantt page directly, instead of needing to switch between the Gantt and the board's page to compare activities to the timeline.
We use the tool for internal collaboration only. We've used it successfully to communicate project timeline, assign tasks, monitor progress, and collaborate on documentation. The tool has been successful for collaboration during the day to day activities. We have not yet used the tool for any external collaboration activities.
March 07, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Nice concept, but still needs improvements on main topics"

We use it in English.

The entire development department is using it (5 persons). We are trying to use it following the Agile methodology, which is not a piece of cake. We have a lot of different projects, most of the time only one person is working on a project. We put all our projects in a single projectplace's plan (as recommended by thier side).
  • The availability to provide customer services via a conference call is just fantastic.
  • Ability to handle multiple projects which are interacting/blocking each other.
  • Handle ticketing support which is linked to board and plan.
  • We recently decided to terminate our ProjectPlace account and customer service told us it must be terminated 3 months before billing anniversary date at the latest otherwise a new billing cycle is invoiced.
  • For a yearly billing, it is not a great news!
  • So, it is definitely not "customer service oriented".
  • projectplace is certainly most appropriate for very simple/small projects
  • We do have a lot of pain using projectplace with multiple projects, alive at the same time, some of them [are] interacting together
Unfortunately, our internal/external stakeholders are not involved in this tool.

Also, I've noticed that project place KPI are not real KPIs, instead of re-using project place data, it's just text fields encoded by hand.
Cathy Lumsden SCMP profile photo
December 21, 2017

Planview Projectplace: "Projectplace Review"

Projectplace was implemented this year to support project management of promotional display projects. At Bayer, we have a very seasonal portfolio and the volume of annual projects we have to support Promotional display activity and importance drove us to a solution to support that. Although we are still in a learning curve and have ideas of improving how we use Projectplace in the future I'm happy to say it has added value and provided efficiencies in managing the volume of projects we have. The tool is used across multi-disciplined areas within the Consumer Health division at Bayer Canada (English) and other divisions within Bayer are looking at it.
  • Web-based platform easy to use - mobile app is great
  • User feedback to improve Project place and monthly updates is a strength
  • Central repository for internal and external team members is very helpful
  • Reporting and Dashboarding - Initial presentation of the solution had us believing reporting / dashboarding was all set up ready to go when in fact it needs to be set up by the user.
  • Training documentation mainly all video and online - helpful but challenging for users that prefer manual type instruction

Project management - smaller repeatable projects - well suited

Project management - larger type projects not as useful

instant messaging function is great for collaborative team work internal and externally
Read Cathy Lumsden SCMP's full review
Fabian Kuhn profile photo
December 18, 2017

Planview Projectplace: "Projectplace review from the view of a designer"

We're using Projectplace as a project managing tool for our design and PR team here at RaceChip. It helps with tracking current tasks for each team member and also improves our workflow between different teams. We're using the tool in German and for one location in Stuttgart, Germany.
  • The card system of project place works really good. It's very easy to create new cards, assigning them to team members and linking them to projects.
  • The "plan" view is really helpful to keep track of your recent activities.
  • It's useful to connect activities with others to know if something has to be finished before another activity.
  • The whole structure is currently very much made for companies with big projects with a lot of different activities. However, for smaller teams like ours it's simply too big in scale and therefore, we only use one "project" for all of our actual projects, which then are "activities" in Projectplace.
  • Sometimes a card struggles to update itself after you changed something in it (e.g. the label or assignee).
  • It's not really easy to move cards to some kind of archive. I created a new board especially for this but when moving cards there, they're automatically marked as "ToDo" again.
Very good for easy project management without too many details and administration work. In comparison to e.g. JIRA, it's much less complicated which can be a big advantage for e.g. a design team like mine but of course, it can also be a disadvantage for complex IT projects. This is why we're using both in our company.
We're using Projectplace only for internal project management and not for collaboration with external stake holders. However, it's really useful for collaboration between different teams inside the company.
Read Fabian Kuhn's full review
Katherine (Zaleski) Olsen profile photo
November 06, 2017

Planview Projectplace Review: "Gotta love Projectplace!"

We used ProjectPlace to manage our Planview Enterprise upgrade to version 14. We had multiple team members in different geographic locations and departments. There were many tasks including updating documentation. We were able to utilize the Kanban boards to track tasks and who was working on them. The Document Review and Signoff functionality allowed me to ensure the documentation that needed to be updated was done. All users were in the US and used English.
  • Kanban boards for tracking assignments
  • Document review and Signoff
  • Collaboration/Discussion
  • I created a Checklist for items that had to be completed after the upgrade. I often times found myself looking for it as I forgot where I created it.
  • I also think the linking/publishing between tasks and cards could be improved and it was also difficult to see the value in that task.
  • There was no MS Project export option which would have been helpful.
  • Users had some trouble downloading documents using certain browsers (can't remember what the issue was though).
It is well suited for diverse and matrixed project teams especially those that are geographically dispersed. [It's also well suited] If you have a large number of documents that need to be approved and need to track that approval. It is also nice that team members (like a client) do not have to purchase a license to use Projectplace.

ProjectPlace is not well suited if you have to do any sort of resource scheduling or forecasting, or if you need that to drive the project schedule. I wasn't thrilled with the WBS management functionality so if you need to have a robust WBS you might consider a different tool.
We did not leverage this outside our organization but would like to in the future.
Read Katherine (Zaleski) Olsen's full review
Daniel Eriksson profile photo
September 25, 2017

Planview Projectplace Review: "One of a kind project management and collaboration SaaS solution"

We use ProjectPlace for filesharing with external collaborators. The main users are in two departments. All material is in English. The business problem addressed is that our SharePoint platform that is used for collaboration internally has had problems in the past when it comes to inclusion of external collaborators. This is addressed by ProjectPlace.
  • Project planning
  • Project monitoring
  • Document sharing
  • User-friendly
  • Combining projects into programmes and portfolios is possible, but not as easy.
  • Simultaneous editing as supported by many other products is not possible.
  • The synch functionality can be a bit buggy or at least lacks user-friendliness, making it possible for documents to come out of synch and into multiple copies.
  • The pricing model and the management of the user count is cumbersome. Which users can be deleted? The model is developed around organisations locking into set packages.
It is great as collaboration tool around projects where resource and task management are key. The project manager and contributors can start without much training or preparation. Although functionality exists, it is not optimal for managing large complex projects, programmes or portfolios. The tool is not suited if the task is pure file sharing or merely document collaboration.
The reason we have Projectplace today is its strength to include external collaborators on an ad hoc basis. But we predominantly use the document sharing and versioning functionality within that scope. Across the organisation and outside the departments that currently use Projectplace, we still have a flora of applications doing all or parts of what Projectplace provides.
Read Daniel Eriksson's full review
Dale Simpson profile photo
September 22, 2017

Planview Projectplace Review: "System Implementation with ease"

We currently use Projectplace in several departments in our company. As an IT & T manager, I use Projectplace to track and manage upgrades and improvements to our systems. Besides this, I am currently using it to project manage the implementation of a new stock control and warehouse management system. We are working with a systems company and it allows members from both teams to collaborate on tasks.
  • It allows larger objectives to be split up into smaller tasks which can be assigned to individual team members. This helps in getting one big task done in a more streamlined way.
  • I really like the task scheduling option which sends you an email each morning outlining the tasks you have to do that day.
  • The schedule overview is also very helpful. This shows the main tasks you have to do from a more bird's eye view to see which overlap. Helps with resource planning.
  • I sometimes find it difficult to decide whether a task should be put as a main or subsidiary item.
I find it fantastic for managing my current new system implementation. It helps me to keep on top of daily and weekly tasks and allows me to assign tasks to other colleagues to keep the project running to schedule.

My colleagues in marketing also used it for tracking our new website build. It proved very useful for the duration. Subsequent glitches are also recorded within Projetplace and it is used to ensure they are actioned in a timely manner.
I make use of the collaboration features to enrol the assistance of technicians from our software provider who we're working with to implement a new system. This allows me to keep track of questions and answers all in one place.

Our marketing department uses the collaboration tools when working with outside marketing company and website designers.
Read Dale Simpson's full review
Rebecca Coffman profile photo
December 13, 2017

Planview Projectplace: "Projectplace Review"

We use Projectplace for the IT PMO. We've pushed it out to other areas of our business and users love it. I believe it could be improved, and look forward to where Planview is going with the idea of Projectplace.
  • Easy to learn
  • Road map
  • Track to-do list within the card
  • Can be quickly over complicated
  • Would like it to connect with other Planview software
Projectplace works well for smaller teams, including analysts and developers - this tool will be helpful. Also good for processes and that it can be connected to Microsoft Outlook so that the due dates on your cards also reflect on our Microsoft Outlook calendar. I do not see it working well for larger teams, because it can become over complicated.
We leverage Projectplace's collaboration features to communicate interally. We will send follow-ups to one another via the commenting on a card feature. We also use hashtags to flag items that require attention at a weekly stand up, or even accomplishments that are worthy of being called out to the rest of the team.
Read Rebecca Coffman's full review
Bruno Amaral profile photo
November 17, 2017

Planview Projectplace Review: "ProjectPlace is your tool for collaboration!"

Far as I know, it is used all across the business, with multiple teams, countries, and languages.
  • Great board tool gives visibility and helps prioritizing the tasks.
  • Perfect for collaboration with geographically spread team.
  • Not able to move cards to different projects.
  • Report generation is limited.
Perfect for geographically spread team, or whenever collaboration is needed.
Great for agile teams, not as much for traditional waterfall teams; it does have a GANTT, but it is limited compared to tools like MS Project.
Increased communication; clear visibility on tasks and priorities; easy to see who is doing what and to initiate conversations in real time. This greatly improves productivity and makes it easier to follow up on tasks.
Read Bruno Amaral's full review
Manuel Campomanes profile photo
October 13, 2017

Planview Projectplace: "small vision review"

My company participates in European Union multidisciplinary projects for which Projectplace the common tool. In a specific project for public administration we are only a reseller. Different kinds of users, usually from the department of engineering, project developers and research and development. English is common language because of the European Union nature of the projects for which Projectplace is used.
  • Ability to customize interface
  • Intuitive interface
  • Tag management is a great success
  • Document management is not convincing
  • Projectplace file editing we do not like
  • The videoconferencing system is poor
Well suited: program management, many stakeholders need to be informed about general information, progress or where to find documentation, chat conversations and everything related to information and communication in general is a very appropriate tool.
Less appropriate: just one project based on Gantt, timetable, cost and benefit, Earned Value Analysis and other kinds of financial necessity.
It is the best tool that we have found so far for virtual work teams.
Read Manuel Campomanes's full review
Laura Lamb profile photo
October 11, 2017

Planview Projectplace: "Projectplace Review"

Projectplace is used for submitting and tracking marketing collateral. The marketing and legal departments currently use Projectplace.
  • Tracking projects
  • Submitting projects for review
  • Identifying what steps or actions need to be taken next for the project
  • Confirm review by departments as needed
  • I have no issues with Projectplace as I currently use it
Projectplace is good for submitting and tracking projects. It is also good for identifying what steps the project is in, what reviews are needed, and when the review is complete.
Projectplace is used by the marketing and legal departments for marketing collateral submission, reviewing, and tracking.
Read Laura Lamb's full review
Kim Kautto profile photo
October 05, 2017

Planview Projectplace Review: "Projectplace in extensive use.."

We use Projectplace mainly in technical projects, although the plan is to be able and use it more extensively throughout the whole organization. This includes implementation of new systems/procedures, change control, process development as well as the technical projects we use it for today. By using Projectplace we have identified many possibilities for improvements in efficiency, communication, reporting etc.

Projectplace is already used by many different geographically spread departments/teams. Keeping good communication in place even if people are located in different cities is also a strength when using Projectplace.
  • Easy access/transparency of information to team and stakeholders. With the tools in Projectplace you have easy access and transparency to information. If well-structured you do not need to spend hours on looking for information.
  • Efficient communication. By using the possibilities to comment on activities, cards, documents etc. you can improve your communication within the teams. Short messages are often enough since you have all the history and related information already linked.
  • Remove unnecessary administration. Using the workspace and portfolio tools can enable the organization to "automate" processes and reporting. Spend less time on repetitive activities and more on important issues/deviations.
  • Workspace templates. If you want to use Projectplace in many different processes (projects, process development, change control etc.) there are some lack of flexibility. It would be good if there were possibilities to use more templates on different levels.
  • Project Requests. To be able and use Projectplace in different types of “projects” there must be more possibilities to customize the request forms/tools.
  • Automate processes. Projectplace has many possibilities to improve existing tools to help organizations automating processes.
Projectplace is well suited when you plan and manage single workspaces but less when you look at a complete cycle from approval to follow up and close out. It seems that most of the research and development focused on the single workspace functionality.
Internal stakeholder management and collaboration have improved by using the portfolio tools in Projectplace. Regarding partners and suppliers it is sometimes an advantage to invite them to the workspaces. This has improved the efficiency and collaboration in between us, but you must be careful with the access to tools and documents.

Customers you usually do not want to invite to a workspace since the information is all too detailed and confidential. There is often an information management plan to follow which do not approve this. We have sometimes used the “Project Site” functionality, which has been highly appreciated by customers. It is possible to publish information on the project site although it is inflexible and has a non-modern layout, which is a disadvantage.
Read Kim Kautto's full review

Task Management (85)
Resource Management (63)
6.3
Gantt Charts (70)
Scheduling (70)
Team Collaboration (87)
Support for Agile Methodology (56)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (50)
Document Management (80)
Email integration (68)
Mobile Access (66)
Timesheet Tracking (49)

About Planview Projectplace

Projectplace is the collaborative work management solution from Planview that brings teams together to get work done. Whether a team is down the hall or on the other side of the globe, Projectplace aims to provide everything needed to set direction, communicate, execute tasks, track progress, and ultimately achieve goals. A key value proposition is to be one tool designed to work together rather than a collection of point solutions.

The vendor says the the product is built with teams of all size and complexity in mind, from virtual teams of five to entire global enterprises with tens of thousands of active users. Projectplace is intuitive and makes it easy to get started in just minutes and scale as new team members join. Since work types vary, Projectplace is uniquely flexible to fit the job at hand – traditional projects, roadmaps or unstructured work where groups just need to “get stuff done”.

For more information, visit Projectplace.com

Does not have featureBudget and Expense Management
Professional Services Automation Features
Does not have featureQuotes/estimates
Does not have featureInvoicing
Does not have featureProject & financial reporting
Does not have featureIntegration with accounting software
Has featureKanban Boards
Has featureRoadmaps

Planview Projectplace Screenshots

Planview Projectplace Videos (2)

Planview Projectplace Downloadables