- Planview provides many different ways to share information.
- Planview is customizable to the project.
- Planview is easy to use.
- Plan view allows any type of naming convention allowing for everyone to upload things This can cause disorganization.
- It can be difficult to find things if the plan rooms have all been set up in different spots.
Planview Projectplace Review: "Projectplace, one of the more unique project management tools on the market"
- I really the like version control aspect
- There are a lot of document storage capabilities in an order that flows and makes sense
- Love the flow of the Kanban board set up
- Sometimes when you look at the Kanban board set up, it almost appears too busy, compared to competitor products like Basecamp
- I've had issues in the past where when I add a new document it replaces an old one with it instead of keeping the old and the new files.
Planview Projectplace Review: "Projectplace - What you need for a matrix organisation and resource utilisation"
- Assigning tasks to resources across multiple projects
- Upload, review and share files for multiple projects and across organisational boundaries - a one-stop solution
- Issue functionality is cumbersome to use, not always easy to filter for open issues or use multiple filters.
- Organizing plans
- Detailed timeline
- Communication Options (Weekly, daily, etc)
- Copying multiple cards at once and pasting them to a different area
- Combining multiple templates
- Better web conferencing tool
- Calendar tool (have cards update on calendar when edits are made in ProjectPlace)
- We can write cards quickly.
- We can update cards quickly.
- We can move cards quickly.
- The individual dashboard sucks and basically makes this tool so painful that I would not recommend it for the line employee.
- I work on several projects and there is one dashboard "My overview" that can't be modified. All I get is a list of cards on the right in some random orders from the eight or so project boards in one long list. You MUST implement some "cascading" dashboard that shows a hierarchy of Project > Activity > Board > Card > Status with configurable fields shown, where sections can be collapsed when focusing on one area.
- The ID for cards can be the same as the ID of a different card on another board. If you move a card to another board the ID changes.
- Web-based platform easy to use - mobile app is great
- User feedback to improve Project place and monthly updates is a strength
- Central repository for internal and external team members is very helpful
- Reporting and Dashboarding - Initial presentation of the solution had us believing reporting / dashboarding was all set up ready to go when in fact it needs to be set up by the user.
- Training documentation mainly all video and online - helpful but challenging for users that prefer manual type instruction
Project management - smaller repeatable projects - well suited
Project management - larger type projects not as useful
- The card system of project place works really good. It's very easy to create new cards, assigning them to team members and linking them to projects.
- The "plan" view is really helpful to keep track of your recent activities.
- It's useful to connect activities with others to know if something has to be finished before another activity.
- The whole structure is currently very much made for companies with big projects with a lot of different activities. However, for smaller teams like ours it's simply too big in scale and therefore, we only use one "project" for all of our actual projects, which then are "activities" in Projectplace.
- Sometimes a card struggles to update itself after you changed something in it (e.g. the label or assignee).
- It's not really easy to move cards to some kind of archive. I created a new board especially for this but when moving cards there, they're automatically marked as "ToDo" again.
- Kanban boards for tracking assignments
- Document review and Signoff
- I created a Checklist for items that had to be completed after the upgrade. I often times found myself looking for it as I forgot where I created it.
- I also think the linking/publishing between tasks and cards could be improved and it was also difficult to see the value in that task.
- There was no MS Project export option which would have been helpful.
- Users had some trouble downloading documents using certain browsers (can't remember what the issue was though).
ProjectPlace is not well suited if you have to do any sort of resource scheduling or forecasting, or if you need that to drive the project schedule. I wasn't thrilled with the WBS management functionality so if you need to have a robust WBS you might consider a different tool.
- It's easy to invite people to take part in projects or share documents without them knowing fully how to use Projectplace.
- Good functionality for conversations between team members. You can easily follow a discussion and you don't need to use email.
- The plan is not very easy to work with. It's too easy to make mistakes when moving activities and sub-activities.
- Project planning
- Project monitoring
- Document sharing
- Combining projects into programmes and portfolios is possible, but not as easy.
- Simultaneous editing as supported by many other products is not possible.
- The synch functionality can be a bit buggy or at least lacks user-friendliness, making it possible for documents to come out of synch and into multiple copies.
- The pricing model and the management of the user count is cumbersome. Which users can be deleted? The model is developed around organisations locking into set packages.
- Great board tool gives visibility and helps prioritizing the tasks.
- Perfect for collaboration with geographically spread team.
- Not able to move cards to different projects.
- Report generation is limited.
Great for agile teams, not as much for traditional waterfall teams; it does have a GANTT, but it is limited compared to tools like MS Project.
Less appropriate: just one project based on Gantt, timetable, cost and benefit, Earned Value Analysis and other kinds of financial necessity.
- Tracking projects
- Submitting projects for review
- Identifying what steps or actions need to be taken next for the project
- Confirm review by departments as needed
- I have no issues with Projectplace as I currently use it
- Easy access/transparency of information to team and stakeholders. With the tools in Projectplace you have easy access and transparency to information. If well-structured you do not need to spend hours on looking for information.
- Efficient communication. By using the possibilities to comment on activities, cards, documents etc. you can improve your communication within the teams. Short messages are often enough since you have all the history and related information already linked.
- Remove unnecessary administration. Using the workspace and portfolio tools can enable the organization to "automate" processes and reporting. Spend less time on repetitive activities and more on important issues/deviations.
- Workspace templates. If you want to use Projectplace in many different processes (projects, process development, change control etc.) there are some lack of flexibility. It would be good if there were possibilities to use more templates on different levels.
- Project Requests. To be able and use Projectplace in different types of “projects” there must be more possibilities to customize the request forms/tools.
- Automate processes. Projectplace has many possibilities to improve existing tools to help organizations automating processes.
- Document management and reporting on changes in document working space
- Easy integration with various applications particularly MS-Office suite
- Access rights to workspaces, folders, ... easily managed
- Online meeting functionality to be extended with videoconferencing
- A MS-Office add-on functionality as additional menu with main ProjectPlace links/functionalities added in particularly outlook
- Kanban boards are fantastic for task level tracking and assigning tasks to team members.
- Portfolio view allows me to get a 10,000 foot view of all projects in our technology division.
- Being a cloud-based product allows us to easily scale and collaborate with teams instead of over-using email.
- The interface for editing projects has a little bit of a learning curve but once you have it down it's fine.
- storage data and information in a unique location, easy to reach.
- support makes the detailed plan and monitor task status
- remind people to keep tasks done in time
- chat with other members
- open to read files on-line (by browser)
- Use to organize the project ad in the advance of the project.
- Use to check the workload of people and the correct workflow of activity.
- Use to make conversation with people that work on the same project and collect the information about singular activity in the same place.
- Use for archive and take the version of documents.
- the gantt schedule is very fluid, visually pleasing
- notifications are convenient
- integration with other tools is good too. I happen to interconnect with Zappier mainly.
- have an undo on moving gantt
- have more opportunity to add images in tasks, activities (like trello)
- as I work in the textile industry, I can feed a repository available in several projects.
- can easily make links between tasks
- ability to move activities from one workspace to another
- The best plan to do all tasks.
- Keep always on a mobile phone when we are out of the office.
- Gets the documents at any time and anywhere.
- Please check if we can delete the Board?
- Please help us to have a tool to set an alarm before the deadline of a task.
- Please help us assign to different people in the different tasks on the same Board?
- Very good project organization possible
- Structuring of tasks, actions, targets incl. inter-dependencies, time-frames, links etc.
- Control and communication (incl. online)
- Data sharing and storage
- I miss a nice extraction of good plan/road-map visualization (or possibility to extract customized visualization of a program/project linked steps/tasks/targets within a time-frame).
- Keeps everything in one place
- Allows team members over multiple locations to keep track of the shared project progress.
- Allows managers to keep an eye on projects from one place.
- We have had a few technical glitches which we have just worked around. One example of that is searching for a project and when you click on it it doesn't allow you access until you search again.
- Communication tool in planning and construction phase.
- Document center.
- Overseeing the progress in projects.
- We've experienced that in Explorer updates of documents have been very slow.
- Missing an opportunity to write on drawings as possible in Plangrid for follow-up of detected failures on built.
Planview Projectplace Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Planview Projectplace
Projectplace is the collaborative work management solution from Planview that brings teams together to get work done. Whether a team is down the hall or on the other side of the globe, Projectplace aims to provide everything needed to set direction, communicate, execute tasks, track progress, and ultimately achieve goals. A key value proposition is to be one tool designed to work together rather than a collection of point solutions.
The vendor says the the product is built with teams of all size and complexity in mind, from virtual teams of five to entire global enterprises with tens of thousands of active users. Projectplace is intuitive and makes it easy to get started in just minutes and scale as new team members join. Since work types vary, Projectplace is uniquely flexible to fit the job at hand – traditional projects, roadmaps or unstructured work where groups just need to “get stuff done”.
For more information, visit Projectplace.com
Planview Projectplace Screenshots
Planview Projectplace Videos (2)
Planview Projectplace Downloadables
Planview Projectplace Integrations
Planview Projectplace Competitors
|Projectplace Enterprise||$29||per seat|
Planview Projectplace Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Planview Projectplace Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages: ||English, Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish|