https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Um/fq/KH16WVORPPAO.JPEGProjectplace (or perfect place) great for inter-department workflowWe are a single company using the product, but our team is all over the United States. We currently use Projectplace to manage the workflow of our publications across the editorial and the design departments. The cards and boards in Projectplace help us stay organized, on track, and gives us a great visual to see where each department and feature stands throughout the production process. The ability to assign cards to different users, leave notes, and start brainstorming conversations in each workspace is extremely beneficial and no other project management interface compares to that visual organizational aspect.,The boards are great for organizational purposes- and the visual aspect and drag and drop functionality is easy and efficient. Creating different workspaces within our organization is a huge benefit of using Projectplace since we are a two-sided company (publishing and marketing/branding). The card system is brilliant and makes moving along magazine elements from editorial to design departments flawless.,Some of the different views/stats seem a little cumbersome and overcrowd the dash In a recent update the ability to drag and reorganize cards in the My Overview setting went away. The Group by dropdown is helpful, but I wish I was still able to rearrange the cards within each workspace/due date/etc. With how I use Projectplace there aren't really a lot of cons!,10,Action items and tasks Prioritize resources and workloads Delegate work assignments Share and review documents,With my company, the collaboration happening within Projectplace is strictly inside-team only. But being able to manage tasks between our departments has made our communication and collaboration efforts effective and strong. Being a fully remote company, I don't think we would be able to thrive as much as we do with Projectplace.,1 to 10,Unfortunately I don't have any access to numbers or ROI stats, but the ease of day to day work with Projectplace is truly priceless.,Asana, Slack and BasecampPlanview Projectplace as File-sharing and Collaboration.We are using Planview Projectplace as a file sharing and collaboration site. It helps us share information between companies in on place. It is designed to be used for our project team and the customer. To my knowledge, the only language being used is English.,Planview provides many different ways to share information. Planview is customizable to the project. Planview is easy to use.,Plan view allows any type of naming convention allowing for everyone to upload things This can cause disorganization. It can be difficult to find things if the plan rooms have all been set up in different spots.,3,Traditional structured projects (Gantt) Action items and tasks Delegate work assignments Share and review documents,11 to 50,It provided a platform to communicate with the customer in a way that was easy for them.,MS SharePointProjectplace, one of the more unique project management tools on the marketI'm actually a contractor for Planview Projectplace in addition to my full-time role at Amazing.com. The main business problem Projectplace addresses on the marketing and content teams is version control. You know the document in Projectplace is the most updated one. It is being used by the whole organization, even though my main function with it currently is the marketing team. Multiple countries and locations are involved and English is the language that is mainly being used to communicate.,I really the like version control aspect There are a lot of document storage capabilities in an order that flows and makes sense Love the flow of the Kanban board set up,Sometimes when you look at the Kanban board set up, it almost appears too busy, compared to competitor products like Basecamp I've had issues in the past where when I add a new document it replaces an old one with it instead of keeping the old and the new files.,8,Agile Action items and tasks Prioritize resources and workloads Delegate work assignments Share and review documents,With its email integration, Projectplace makes it easy to collaborate with people on your team internally and externally.,101 to 500,increased media clippings increased blog post views,Slack, Basecamp, Trello, JIRA Software and WrikeProjectplace - What you need for a matrix organisation and resource utilisationProjectplace is a good application to manage resources that are involved in multiple projects. It allows for clear tracking of information requests, files shared and defect management.,Assigning tasks to resources across multiple projects Upload, review and share files for multiple projects and across organisational boundaries - a one-stop solution,Issue functionality is cumbersome to use, not always easy to filter for open issues or use multiple filters.,8,Traditional structured projects (Gantt) Roadmaps Action items and tasks Prioritize resources and workloads Delegate work assignments Share and review documents,Projectplace works well in a multi-stakeholder environment where companies need to collaborate on a project - setup of users was easy and allow sharing of tasks and files across company/ country boundaries.,11 to 50,Projectplace enable us to get projects back on track by allowing us to manage all open tasks on the project.,TodoistEnterprise Architect's perspectiveIt is being used by the PMO and contributing members. As it's leveraged by the PMO, multiple participating teams are leveraging it, but it's still in it's infancy.,Boards view is fantastic for contributors to create, assign, and track tasks. My Work view is good for at-a-glance information but could use some work.,Dependencies for board items are a bit unclear. I have completed tasks in the My Work view that show as overdue, presumably because other portions of the tool aren't configured or scheduled appropriately. Dependencies could and should drive do this then that type activities, but there doesn't appear to be any direct workflow or linkage between them other than at a superficial level. File collaboration requiring an agent is cumbersome. Why isn't there integration to Sharepoint or another more seamless document repository? This platform creates another competing source of truth for documents which is a problem. I believe the reporting interface could be improved - our PMO is currently experimenting with yet another solution to create better at a glance reports from a burndown perspective. Planview has all the raw data so this is re-work.,7,Traditional structured projects (Gantt) Action items and tasks Delegate work assignments,Definitely use embedded comments and tags to bring items to people's attention.,11 to 50,Easier integration of my workflows into PMO-level visibility.
Planview Projectplace

Planview Projectplace Reviews

Planview Projectplace
Top Rated Award
Filter 266 vetted Planview Projectplace reviews and ratings
Brittany Alloway profile photo
October 08, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Projectplace (or perfect place) great for inter-department workflow"

• The boards are great for organizational purposes- and the visual aspect and drag and drop functionality is easy and efficient.
  • Creating different workspaces within our organization is a huge benefit of using Projectplace since we are a two-sided company (publishing and marketing/branding).
  • The card system is brilliant and makes moving along magazine elements from editorial to design departments flawless.
  • Some of the different views/stats seem a little cumbersome and overcrowd the dash
  • In a recent update the ability to drag and reorganize cards in the My Overview setting went away. The Group by dropdown is helpful, but I wish I was still able to rearrange the cards within each workspace/due date/etc.
  • With how I use Projectplace there aren't really a lot of cons!
It is well suited for inter-department communication and organization. Whether for handing off pieces of a project (in my company's case magazine departments/features from editorial to design) or seeing the full scope of what is at which stage (using the bards).
Read Brittany Alloway's full review
Rachel Robinson profile photo
June 25, 2018

Review: "Planview Projectplace as File-sharing and Collaboration."

• Planview provides many different ways to share information.
  • Planview is customizable to the project.
  • Planview is easy to use.
  • Plan view allows any type of naming convention allowing for everyone to upload things This can cause disorganization.
  • It can be difficult to find things if the plan rooms have all been set up in different spots.
I believe it is well suited for construction, and file sharing. However, it can feel clunky when it comes to uploading items and organizing things. It is helpful that you are able to upload so much information to one site, but it seems that things could potentially get lost easily if an organization is not set up well from the get-go.
Read Rachel Robinson's full review
Lauri Zachry Truong profile photo
June 19, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Projectplace, one of the more unique project management tools on the market"

• I really the like version control aspect
  • There are a lot of document storage capabilities in an order that flows and makes sense
  • Love the flow of the Kanban board set up
  • Sometimes when you look at the Kanban board set up, it almost appears too busy, compared to competitor products like Basecamp
  • I've had issues in the past where when I add a new document it replaces an old one with it instead of keeping the old and the new files.
Version control and document storage
Read Lauri Zachry Truong's full review
John Marais profile photo
June 18, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Projectplace - What you need for a matrix organisation and resource utilisation"

• Assigning tasks to resources across multiple projects
  • Upload, review and share files for multiple projects and across organisational boundaries - a one-stop solution
  • Issue functionality is cumbersome to use, not always easy to filter for open issues or use multiple filters.
Well suited for vendors that have resources working across multiple projects, planning, resourcing and delivering projects in a matrix environment.
Read John Marais's full review
Jeffrey Thompson profile photo
October 08, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Enterprise Architect's perspective"

• Boards view is fantastic for contributors to create, assign, and track tasks.
  • My Work view is good for at-a-glance information but could use some work.
  • Dependencies for board items are a bit unclear. I have completed tasks in the My Work view that show as overdue, presumably because other portions of the tool aren't configured or scheduled appropriately. Dependencies could and should drive do this then that type activities, but there doesn't appear to be any direct workflow or linkage between them other than at a superficial level.
  • File collaboration requiring an agent is cumbersome. Why isn't there integration to Sharepoint or another more seamless document repository? This platform creates another competing source of truth for documents which is a problem.
  • I believe the reporting interface could be improved - our PMO is currently experimenting with yet another solution to create better at a glance reports from a burndown perspective. Planview has all the raw data so this is re-work.
Definitely use embedded comments and tags to bring items to people's attention.
Read Jeffrey Thompson's full review
Karla Chacon profile photo
October 05, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Greatest tool ever!"

It is used by several departments in multiple locations. I've only seen it in English.
  • Copy Kanbans in Kanbanboard.
  • Is great to Forward an email and Kanban automatically appears.
  • There is a lot I can add to each, emails, charts, images, documents, check lists and comments.
  • Is a great way to capture my time work, and specify each activity.
  • I would like to delete Kanbans, alternatively I edit them with another info.
  • In time sheets I can copy all activities from last week, but It would be great to choose which ones when I need to copy and/or delete some of them. A delete option is specially needed when adding activities, I often choose a wrong one.
I think this is the best work planner I've ever worked with. Just need a delete option for small mistakes.
It helps to communicate with my team and organize my time and which activity must be done more urgently than another.
Read Karla Chacon's full review
Elizabeth Farsolas, MBA profile photo
June 22, 2018

Planview Projectplace: "ProjectPlace Review"

We use ProjectPlace across our enterprise in English only. Good project management software.
  • Organizing plans
  • Detailed timeline
  • Communication Options (Weekly, daily, etc)
  • Copying multiple cards at once and pasting them to a different area
  • Combining multiple templates
  • Better web conferencing tool
  • Calendar tool (have cards update on calendar when edits are made in ProjectPlace)
I think it's a good, basic project management tool.
It has leveraged our communication with internal and external stakeholders via the various communication tools.
Read Elizabeth Farsolas, MBA's full review
October 05, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "ProjectPlace? Project Right!"

We use ProjectPlace in two main ways. First, we manage our software development process with internal users. Our PM puts the big picture stories in ProjectPlace and then moves them through until their done. Users can see and comment, label, and move cards around to help us prioritize work for the development team. Secondly, we use it to manage a variety of data collection processes. Cards are assigned to people from various departments over a monthly process as each person completes their work.
  • Labels, Dependencies, Checklists are really awesome aspects of each card that let you customize the work appropriately for the task at hand. The way the unused features are hidden allows each card to really fit the work and not become overly complicated.
  • Using swim lanes to lay out the cards allows us to use one board where other tools would make us use multiple ones. We can lay them out by label, or assignment, depending on the project or task at hand.
  • The labeling could use some work. I'd like to be able to change the order, add more colors or styles to the labels.
  • The reporting could use some work. I'd like to be able to download the raw data over time, so I can get a better sense of how things are moving. The charts are good but hard to dive into without being able to see the backing data.
Anytime you're dealing with stakeholders (both technical and non-technical), I love to put a kanban board in front of them and let them see the work. ProjectPlace does a great job of exposing all work to the user and allowing them to keep track of all their various tasks, even across projects.
We only use ProjectPlace internally. We find it odd that you don't have an organizational view - you can't manage a bunch of accounts that you created, you can only kick them out of projects you own. To remove people from ProjectPlace, I have to log in as them and cancel my account, which is weird. I should just be able to turn off accounts for "my" domain. For example, Joe comes to work for me at ABC and receives the email account joe@abc.com. I invite him to ProjectPlace. Joe works for a few years and then leaves. There is nowhere that I can go in and remove the "joe@abc.com" account from ProjectPlace because ProjectPlace assumes that it is a personal account, not a business account. To get around this, I have to reset his password, log into his "joe@abc.com" email account, then log in to ProjectPlace as joe@abc.com, and then self-destruct the account. Really?
October 08, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "User for 4 months - Very good impression"

Projectplace is used across the whole organization to plan & control projects having team members in different countries/time zones.
It allows us to assign actions, track their statuses, exchange messages visible to all team members, store data & information and make quick reports on the actual status/pending actions...Also financial information on the benefits of the projects are tracked.
  • Send reminders / advice for tasks assiged to be completed.
  • Quickly extract easy summary of information.
  • Easy share of data / info.
  • The board structure can become complicated - it would be nice to view the same action / card on multiple boards.
  • The gantt chart of the plan is difficult to see.
Big projects with many members who cannot meet frequently.
Used internally only (team members & stakeholders within the organization) - very effective for collaboration (exchange information / data / assign tasks).
October 05, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Great for Project Management - UI Needs Some Work"

Projectplace is being used to organize IT projects, along with its ability to notify users on notes added by the project manager, or manager of the project. It is also used to shelve ideas about upcoming projects, and to ensure that those projects are organized.
  • Notifications on Projects and Cards
  • SSO Integration
  • Website UI Design
  • Website UI Consistency
  • User Management and UI design
Projectplace is well suited for use in a large organization where multiple projects are shared across a division, and where multiple managers will have moving parts of a single project. Software releases are another good use of Projectplace, where moving parts have timing, and approvals are required for object release.
Projectplace is less suited for divisional goals, and a small project involving few moving parts.
October 03, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Save time - use Projectplace!"

I use ProjectPlace for several project life cycle elements - primarily document review and repository including version control, and tasks and activity tracking using Boards.
  • Document review tracking with version control
  • Task and activity management
  • Collaborate with internal and external team members on tasks.
  • Set up reminders on tasks.
The UI is very user-friendly, easy to learn, and simple to use. Project task tracking and issue management is a huge benefit using this tool. Assigning tasks to users, closing tasks, updating details with attachments are all very simple to use.
Using the Boards to track tasks and activities is a great feature.
June 18, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "difficult to use across multiple projects"

Projectplace is being used to track projects, activities, boards, and development of specific features and bug fixes. We also are using it for time tracking and upper management is using it for strategic planning.
  • We can write cards quickly.
  • We can update cards quickly.
  • We can move cards quickly.
  • The individual dashboard sucks and basically makes this tool so painful that I would not recommend it for the line employee.
  • I work on several projects and there is one dashboard "My overview" that can't be modified. All I get is a list of cards on the right in some random orders from the eight or so project boards in one long list. You MUST implement some "cascading" dashboard that shows a hierarchy of Project > Activity > Board > Card > Status with configurable fields shown, where sections can be collapsed when focusing on one area.
  • The ID for cards can be the same as the ID of a different card on another board. If you move a card to another board the ID changes.
I believe this tool is only appropriate for one simple project at a time.
We are just starting to use the documents and links features. It is ok, but really offers no benefit that I see over a wiki or even Google Drive.
Cathy Lumsden SCMP profile photo
December 21, 2017

Planview Projectplace: "Projectplace Review"

Projectplace was implemented this year to support project management of promotional display projects. At Bayer, we have a very seasonal portfolio and the volume of annual projects we have to support Promotional display activity and importance drove us to a solution to support that. Although we are still in a learning curve and have ideas of improving how we use Projectplace in the future I'm happy to say it has added value and provided efficiencies in managing the volume of projects we have. The tool is used across multi-disciplined areas within the Consumer Health division at Bayer Canada (English) and other divisions within Bayer are looking at it.
  • Web-based platform easy to use - mobile app is great
  • User feedback to improve Project place and monthly updates is a strength
  • Central repository for internal and external team members is very helpful
  • Reporting and Dashboarding - Initial presentation of the solution had us believing reporting / dashboarding was all set up ready to go when in fact it needs to be set up by the user.
  • Training documentation mainly all video and online - helpful but challenging for users that prefer manual type instruction

Project management - smaller repeatable projects - well suited

Project management - larger type projects not as useful

instant messaging function is great for collaborative team work internal and externally
Read Cathy Lumsden SCMP's full review
Fabian Kuhn profile photo
December 18, 2017

Planview Projectplace: "Projectplace review from the view of a designer"

We're using Projectplace as a project managing tool for our design and PR team here at RaceChip. It helps with tracking current tasks for each team member and also improves our workflow between different teams. We're using the tool in German and for one location in Stuttgart, Germany.
  • The card system of project place works really good. It's very easy to create new cards, assigning them to team members and linking them to projects.
  • The "plan" view is really helpful to keep track of your recent activities.
  • It's useful to connect activities with others to know if something has to be finished before another activity.
  • The whole structure is currently very much made for companies with big projects with a lot of different activities. However, for smaller teams like ours it's simply too big in scale and therefore, we only use one "project" for all of our actual projects, which then are "activities" in Projectplace.
  • Sometimes a card struggles to update itself after you changed something in it (e.g. the label or assignee).
  • It's not really easy to move cards to some kind of archive. I created a new board especially for this but when moving cards there, they're automatically marked as "ToDo" again.
Very good for easy project management without too many details and administration work. In comparison to e.g. JIRA, it's much less complicated which can be a big advantage for e.g. a design team like mine but of course, it can also be a disadvantage for complex IT projects. This is why we're using both in our company.
We're using Projectplace only for internal project management and not for collaboration with external stake holders. However, it's really useful for collaboration between different teams inside the company.
Read Fabian Kuhn's full review
Agneta Nyrén profile photo
January 22, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "First impressions of Projectplace"

My company uses Projectplace as the tool for managing projects, portfolios and other development. We use it in Swedish.
  • It's easy to invite people to take part in projects or share documents without them knowing fully how to use Projectplace.
  • Good functionality for conversations between team members. You can easily follow a discussion and you don't need to use email.
  • The plan is not very easy to work with. It's too easy to make mistakes when moving activities and sub-activities.
Well suited for planning and getting a good overview. Good for communicating within a project.
Haven´t used it that much, just for working toghether with Consultants. That has worked very well.
Read Agneta Nyrén's full review
Rebecca Coffman profile photo
December 13, 2017

Planview Projectplace: "Projectplace Review"

We use Projectplace for the IT PMO. We've pushed it out to other areas of our business and users love it. I believe it could be improved, and look forward to where Planview is going with the idea of Projectplace.
  • Easy to learn
  • Road map
  • Track to-do list within the card
  • Can be quickly over complicated
  • Would like it to connect with other Planview software
Projectplace works well for smaller teams, including analysts and developers - this tool will be helpful. Also good for processes and that it can be connected to Microsoft Outlook so that the due dates on your cards also reflect on our Microsoft Outlook calendar. I do not see it working well for larger teams, because it can become over complicated.
We leverage Projectplace's collaboration features to communicate interally. We will send follow-ups to one another via the commenting on a card feature. We also use hashtags to flag items that require attention at a weekly stand up, or even accomplishments that are worthy of being called out to the rest of the team.
Read Rebecca Coffman's full review
Tam Nguyen profile photo
December 22, 2017

Planview Projectplace Review: "Projectplace, best fit for project management"

Projectplace is being used by our company for project management activities from R&D, manufacturing to construction. It helps to address detail implementation plan with detail works and milestones to complete all them, support monitor the completion status with feedback of all members, support collaboration in real-time among departments and members who are being in multiple locations.
  • storage data and information in a unique location, easy to reach.
  • support makes the detailed plan and monitor task status
  • remind people to keep tasks done in time
  • chat with other members
  • open to read files on-line (by browser)
It is well suited for enterprise business in project management that requires multiple departments and members to be involved, no matter where they are. However, it should support members better to have a quick message to each other (chat) and also support to open files directly on the browser instead of downloading them into a computer.
We mostly use Projectplace to collaborate with our internal departments.
Read Tam Nguyen's full review
leonardo Milaneschi profile photo
December 19, 2017

Planview Projectplace Review: "Good experience"

• Use to organize the project ad in the advance of the project.
  • Use to check the workload of people and the correct workflow of activity.
  • Use to make conversation with people that work on the same project and collect the information about singular activity in the same place.
  • Use for archive and take the version of documents.
  • version of document
  • facility to use
  • Comunication
  • the plan
  • the contact
Engineering project with people located in various places.
all information on the same place help the project
Read leonardo Milaneschi's full review
Olivier Chassing profile photo
December 19, 2017

Planview Projectplace Review: "Good tool that is upgraded each month."

Projectplace is used by all the services of my company, product creation, IT development, marketing, planning. We are present in several countries (Spain, Portugal, France, Poland) and we work in several languages. Mainly the first projects are managed by the web development department but the marketing gets started with a product launch procedure also.
  • the gantt schedule is very fluid, visually pleasing
  • notifications are convenient
  • integration with other tools is good too. I happen to interconnect with Zappier mainly.
  • have an undo on moving gantt
  • have more opportunity to add images in tasks, activities (like trello)
  • as I work in the textile industry, I can feed a repository available in several projects.
  • can easily make links between tasks
  • ability to move activities from one workspace to another
I think it's good for driving computer tasks I think it is perfect for something else like the textile industry.
We have not really used this type of operation so far, to see later.
Read Olivier Chassing's full review
Jesper Peter Menne Baunsgaard profile photo
December 18, 2017

Planview Projectplace Review: "Projectplace"

We use Projectplace as our everyday tool for file storage, project & time management and to some degree for project tracking
  • Easy user management
  • Multiple users from different organisations can collaborate
  • Time registration works like a breeze
  • Better integration with MS Office
  • Better integration with Slack, Trello etc
  • Using PP with Citrix is not always straight forward due to remote user management
For us it works all the time
We are not good enough yet to use these functionalities
Read Jesper Peter Menne Baunsgaard's full review
Toan VUONG profile photo
December 18, 2017

Planview Projectplace Review: "Projectplace - Powerful Business Software"

We use this product in Vietnam. We found that Projectplace is suitable for running our business so we used it. We used it for the whole company. Languages are English and Vietnamese but we had some misspellings when we type Vietnamese. Please check and fix it.
  • The best plan to do all tasks.
  • Keep always on a mobile phone when we are out of the office.
  • Gets the documents at any time and anywhere.
  • Please check if we can delete the Board?
  • Please help us to have a tool to set an alarm before the deadline of a task.
  • Please help us assign to different people in the different tasks on the same Board?
We think that Projectplace is well suited for all scenarios
We now use internal only so i am not sure about this.
Read Toan VUONG's full review
February 07, 2018

Planview Projectplace Review: "Projectplace"

Projectplace is being used in English across the development half of the organization to manage R&D project timeline, tasks, resource management, and time tracking. Departments that participate in program use include research and development, quality engineering, program management, product management, and operations/manufacturing.
  • Card for individual task tracking and assignment are useful for small activities
  • Like the homepage as a base summary of all ongoing project assignments
  • Gantt chart functionality is limited. The fact that any small change can move the timeline and cannot be "undone" gets frustrating when the incorrect change is accidentally made.
  • It would be helpful if the time reporting page automatically saved. There have been several instances where I or others have entered time and forgotten to save, since the software I've previously used did it automatically.
  • Being able to assign multiple people to a card would also be helpful. Not necessary, but we have several tasks that get a primary person assigned but involve small input from others, but the tasks themselves aren't large enough to warrant breaking them up into multiple cards.
Well suited for day to day activity management. Being able to break down project activities into individual task cards, including the easy "drag and drop" of these cards into their appropriate status columns, is very helpful in creating a checklist of tasks that need to be completed.

Less suited to high-level project management. The Gantt functionality is limited and does not include all features commonly seen in software like Projectplace. It would be helpful to have the ability to list cards/subtasks, resources, other information on the Gantt page directly, instead of needing to switch between the Gantt and the board's page to compare activities to the timeline.
We use the tool for internal collaboration only. We've used it successfully to communicate project timeline, assign tasks, monitor progress, and collaborate on documentation. The tool has been successful for collaboration during the day to day activities. We have not yet used the tool for any external collaboration activities.
December 21, 2017

Planview Projectplace Review: "A good collaborative scheduling tool with room for improvement."

We use Projectplace to manage time and schedules on the majority of our engineering projects. Project managers create Gantt charts, and individuals will create cards within tasks and report time to tasks to allow management to have an understanding of where effort is being spent. Individuals are supposed to use the product daily to track progress.
  • Cards are good, they are easy to create and they are a nice way to break down tasks
  • Messaging is good, being able to tag people easily allows for simple communication of progress
  • Time reporting is pretty easy, adding tasks from the previous week makes reporting time, which is usually tedious, a little easier
  • Preferences could be better to allow for more customization of appearance and usability
  • Better predictive behavior: for example suggesting assignees for cards based on frequently used assignees
  • The file browser is clunky and makes quick navigation of complex file trees tedious
Great for collaborative work on large projects with many tasks, not good for documenting the detailed progress of work on tasks, really only for reporting high-level progress, not results.
Honestly, we still have not leveraged the collaboration features as well as we had planned. The one collaborative feature that we have used is the document review feature which does work well but is a fairly bare-bones feature. I think that improving on that feature would be good for the product.
December 19, 2017

Planview Projectplace Review: "Good for collaboration; great together with Innotas"

We're using Projectplace to collaborate between multifunctional product development teams. The teams are all collocated in the US, so English is the language used.

We chose Projectplace because it offered multiple needs (planning, document sharing, portfolio view, agile/kanban style planning, time tracking) within a simple-to-learn package. More importantly, we were interested in the integration between Projectplace and Innotas for resource management, project prioritization, and requests.
  • Document sharing and automatic versioning of documents as users review and edit documents.
  • Boards: Allowing users to "plan their own destiny" and detail out activities they need to complete for each project task. On boards, team members can plan when to work on which activities.
  • Planning is weak in Projectplace. The Projectplace plan is essentially an illustration only; there is no critical path determination and activities can start before dependencies are complete. We are building project schedules in MS Project, then importing to Projectplace and manually highlighting the critical path as a 2-step process. Projectplace only offers start-to-finish dependency between tasks, other relationships will be useful.
  • No undo button. It's too easy to accidentally change the project plan (duration, or start/end dates) with a mouse click.
  • Document edits... Word documents, when opened for editing and with change tracking enabled, do not inherit the audit trail of Word. We cannot tell who made edits or comments to a document because they are all marked with "author".
  • In Planning, duration assumes calendar days vs. working days. No ability to override and input holidays or non-working days.
  • There is no correlation between cards and plans. If an activity is expected to take 1 day and there are cards that total more than 24 hours of activity, Projectplace does not alert or indicate that an impossible scenario has occurred. The effort estimates vs. actual are simply a tally of information entered. There is no checking or validation of planned vs. actual effort.
Projectplace is well suited to be used by a project team for collaboration and project tracking after a plan has been created. A plan can be created in MS Project, with critical path/critical chain analysis conducted, then imported to Projectplace and translated to boards and cards.

Projectplace should not be used as the solo project planning tool for project managers.
Our teams are co-located so we haven't needed to use Projectplace to collaborate with stakeholders outside the organization yet.
November 27, 2017

Planview Projectplace Review: "Projectplace Delivers for Our Organization"

We use Projectplace for time tracking purposes. It shows our leaders how our time resources are being allocated and what we spend our time on. It allows our leaders to understand where our time is being spent and if additional resources are needed or if they need to be re-allocated. It is used by our entire Information Services and Technology group at our National Campus. We only utilize it in English.
  • Ease of use
  • Simple design
  • Quick input and loading times
  • Learning curve with timekeeping input
  • Does not automatically save
  • Settings are difficult to navigate initially
It's suited for an organization that is looking to keep track of their time resources. The IT department I work in uses the inputs from the employees to evaluate where the resources are being spent and how to re-allocate or add/remove employees when necessary. It doesn't require much effort from the employee and it is easier than busy-searching calendars to get this data.
I haven't had much experience with this type of use of Projectplace, but I'm sure the leadership of our IT department is using the information put into the software to do these types of things. It does allow us to use the application for timekeeping so that it is a time saver.

Task Management (85)
Resource Management (63)
6.3
Gantt Charts (70)
Scheduling (70)
Team Collaboration (87)
Support for Agile Methodology (56)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (50)
Document Management (80)
Email integration (68)
Mobile Access (66)
Timesheet Tracking (49)

About Planview Projectplace

Projectplace is the collaborative work management solution from Planview that brings teams together to get work done. Whether a team is down the hall or on the other side of the globe, Projectplace aims to provide everything needed to set direction, communicate, execute tasks, track progress, and ultimately achieve goals. A key value proposition is to be one tool designed to work together rather than a collection of point solutions.

The vendor says the the product is built with teams of all size and complexity in mind, from virtual teams of five to entire global enterprises with tens of thousands of active users. Projectplace is intuitive and makes it easy to get started in just minutes and scale as new team members join. Since work types vary, Projectplace is uniquely flexible to fit the job at hand – traditional projects, roadmaps or unstructured work where groups just need to “get stuff done”.

For more information, visit Projectplace.com

Does not have featureBudget and Expense Management
Professional Services Automation Features
Does not have featureQuotes/estimates
Does not have featureInvoicing
Does not have featureProject & financial reporting
Does not have featureIntegration with accounting software
Has featureKanban Boards
Has featureRoadmaps

Planview Projectplace Screenshots

Planview Projectplace Videos (2)

Planview Projectplace Downloadables