Easy to Administer & User-friendly

Projectplace for accidental project managers

Ideal central tool

Team Collaboration (165)

Task Management (164)

Gantt Charts (144)

Document Management (158)

Projectplace Enterprise

per seat

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.projectplace.com/pricing

Project Management

What is Planview Projectplace?

Projectplace is the collaborative work management solution from Planview that brings teams together to get work done. Whether a team is down the hall or on the other side of the globe, Projectplace aims to provide everything needed to set direction, communicate, execute tasks, track progress, and ultimately achieve goals. A key value proposition is to be one tool designed to work together rather than a collection of point solutions.

The vendor says the the product is built with teams of all size and complexity in mind, from virtual teams of five to entire global enterprises with tens of thousands of active users. Projectplace is intuitive and makes it easy to get started in just minutes and scale as new team members join. Since work types vary, Projectplace is uniquely flexible to fit the job at hand – traditional projects, roadmaps or unstructured work where groups just need to “get stuff done”.

Planview Projectplace Features

• Supported: Email integration
  • Supported: Mobile Access
  • Supported: Timesheet Tracking

Planview Projectplace Screenshots

Collaborative Workstream: Streamlined interaction between activities, boards and cards. Plan and follow up in the Gantt while your team enjoys executing and collaborating for optimum productivity on the Kanban boards.Document Management: Ensure changes to documents are visible in real-time. Version control ensures that team members see the latest document versions with access to document history.Gantt Charts: Plan and visualize every step of your work and projects with Projectplace Gantt Charts. Track progress to make sure you'll meet your deadlines and know when things are not happening on time.Kanban Boards: Enable your team to execute and collaborate for optimum productivity on Kanban Boards. Get activity notifications, messaging and visualize progress of day-to-day tasks.Workload View: Visualize the workload of members in all workspaces to determine whether a team member is overloaded with work, or has room to do more.Workspace Overview: Get an overview of all your work and tasks that have been assigned to you across all workspaces. Add personal tasks that only you can see to get a complete picture of what's on your plate.

Planview Projectplace Videos

This is Projectplace - 45 sec
Planview Projectplace - A Smarter Way to Work

Planview Projectplace Downloadables

Planview Projectplace Integrations

Planview Projectplace Competitors

Planview Projectplace Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported LanguagesEnglish, Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish

Alternatives

What is Planview Projectplace?

Projectplace is a collaborative work management solution. The vendor says the product is built with teams of all sizes and complexity in mind, from virtual teams of five to entire global enterprises with tens of thousands of active users. It is also designed to incorporate waterfall and agile workflows.

What are Planview Projectplace's top competitors?

Smartsheet, Wrike, and Asana are common alternatives for Planview Projectplace.

What is Planview Projectplace's best feature?

Reviewers rate Team Collaboration highest, with a score of 8.9.

Who uses Planview Projectplace?

The most common users of Planview Projectplace are from Enterprises and the Computer Software industry.

Heath Achatz | TrustRadius Reviewer
I can easily see who is working on what, when tasks are due, and who is and isn't at capacity. It's completely invaluable to me as a project/account manager and allows me and my team to just get things done. For other projects, we found this software to be as well extremely useful as it allows external companies access as easily as internal employees. Using kanban-style task cards (boards) makes tracking project activities very easy!
  • Email Reminders.
  • Task Tracking.
  • To Do Lists.
  • Under the time tracking, it would be nice to have a set template that would load each week and not have to click a button to load the previous week's template.
  • Somehow making it more intuitive.
  • Having to add in each service line and each detail that I cover for every service line each week is a bit ridiculous.
It works well for a supervisor to keep an eye on their underlings. I think this is a great idea and a nice app for keeping projects in one place and able to create plans, get projects organized, set goals and so much more. I love that it is all in one place and can be worked on by the whole team. It is very convenient. I am able to organize my projects and complete them before a deadline.
There are several nice features about Planview ProjectPlace. The main one is flexibility. It provides you with a framework of core Team Management action items. You can take that framework and use it however is best for your team. Planview ProjectPlace makes it incredibly simple, and if for some reason you are still stuck, it has little bubbles on the screen that take you through what each section does until you get the hang of it, which will be fast. I highly recommend Planview ProjectPlace if you decide to work with a team from the beginning of your blog. It also gives you the ability to work with a team that is scattered all over. Have a friend in Paris who is an amazing photographer? No reason to not work with her because she can't meet you for coffee to plan a project!
It is easy to use once it is learned. There seems to be a learning curve on it. Perhaps this is because there are so many platforms and they needed to make theirs stand out.
We implemented Projectplace and integrated it with PPM PRO this year. We are long time users of PPM PRO and are currently piloting Projectplace within the Information Services Department. The application is being used by a variety of users both experiences and inexperienced project managers in order to gain perspective of how we can best utilize the functionality within our organization. We are primarily English speaking and located in Raleigh, NC.
  • Team Collaboration
  • Roadmapping
  • Task Management
  • Reporting would be nice
  • Ability to use MS Teams instead of Zoom for quick face to face meetings
So far we have found that its simplicity in functionality works well with departments that do not have trained PMs managing projects. Not sure it would be the best fit for all projects in the organization, but others can use PPM PRO where more robust reporting and metrics are needed.
We haven't had to use support very much, but when we have it was adequate.
We haven't had any disappointed users thus far, but we are still new to using this application.
Praxant Pacific | TrustRadius Reviewer
Planview Projectplace is being used in our organization for collaborative work. It has helped our organization to focus by bringing in all the activities and keep track of overall records in a more clear way. It has been a great tool to keep track of work and has helped us to organize, plan and visualize the upcoming or the existing projects.
  • Intuitive interface with smooth navigation
  • Organizing and visualizing the multiple streams of work.
  • Assigning task with different deadlines for each member.
  • Creating a plan, assigning priorities, sharing ideas with comments.
  • It has a problem with historical data. It is not updated in the portfolio once changed or removed.
  • The repeated emails are burdensome. Though the frequency of emails can be set, still it can be improved in the first place.
  • For a new user, it will be difficult to stick with the tool and its features. So, proper documentation is crucial before starting.
Planview Projectplace is well suited for creating Roadmaps as it provides the ability to plan and visualize. It is also suitable for high-level planning, as users can break down big chunks of work into small ones with phases to support an iterative planning process. Adding the workspaces, building up the plan can be achieved by adding work packages, also new initiatives can be added to each work packages.
It is simply an out-of-the box tool with an enhanced dashboard allowing project managers to view valuable insights like key projects, statistics, risk cards, activities and so on. Also, supports agile visualization of work including Kanban, which makes the entire project organized, thus increasing collaboration among team members and focusing on the organization's productivity and positive ROI.
With Planview ProjectPlace users can add task with priorities, colors, attach files, post comments and can interact with other team members, which makes it easy to track and communicate about project priorities and other milestones.
Janeen Close | TrustRadius Reviewer
Projectplace is used by various groups throughout our organization. Some departments use it for single projects. Other departments use Projectplace to manage their daily work. We have a few system wide initiatives that have expanded the use of Projectplace. We frequently receive education requests as more individuals are invited to workspaces and assigned work. What is nice about Projectplace is that you do not have to be a PMP or highly technical to learn the application. It is very user-friendly making it a perfect tool for a multidisciplinary team with members from varying backgrounds.
  • Workspaces hold all relevant information for a 'project' all in one place including the project plan, team members, work assignments and status of work, communications, documents, and more. And now workspace reports!
  • Projectplace's online educational tools is one of the best vendor help sites I have ever seen.
  • Planview is regularly advancing their solutions. They really do value customers' feedback and work to implement customers' ideas.
  • The integration to PPM Pro for deeper dives with PPM Pro Dashboards. We are already using PPM Pro Dashboard. The new R2D2 dashboards are great. I want to drive our users to one site for reports. I don't want to have to push them to another location, Projectplace, for another source of reports. That is why an enhanced integration is key.
  • I was very surprised when I was first introduced to Projectplace that there is no financial tracking component in the application. If someone is managing a project, they need a way to manage the budget. Would like to see more tools within Projectplace for tracking budget.
Projectplace, in my opinion, is well suited for any work management need. It is a great tool for the 'accidental project manager' as Planview says. This is so beneficial for a multidisciplinary team with members with a wide range of technical skills an project management skills. It is so easy to use once you start using it! The application provides team collaboration towards a business goal. Using workplace templates, Projectplace can quickly and easily create new work in a manner that drives standardization and with that best practice.
Projectplace Customer Support this past year has been positive for all our Planview representatives!
The application is very user-friendly. The document management tool is great. The Customer Success Center is exceptional. Love the new enhancements such as workspace reports! Looking forward to the enhancements coming in the details pane.
  • Traditional structured projects (Gantt)
  • Action items, tasks, and issues management
  • Delegate work assignments
  • Share and review documents
  • Collaboration features
Projectplace allows collaboration. It creates efficiency.
Edward McCallister | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mainly, it is important to note that we use Planview Projectplace to manage the large volume of projects that are supplied every day in our company. Planview Projectplace is not being used by a single team in our company, we are currently using it in all sectors of the company, as a default platform for the administration and management of short and long-term projects.<br><br>Our company is located in a single location, in Mexico, so the Projectplace platform is being used by our employees at our Mexico branch. The languages ​​that are being used by me and my colleagues within our company are English and Spanish, since in our company there are also employees who usually speak English. We are very happy with the effectiveness that Projectplace has given us since it belongs to our company, we have been able to manage large-scale projects, monitor project changes, work as a team in the development of them online, in addition, we can know with Accurate project event days, thanks to Gantt-type scheduling. Our IT team is very happy with the effectiveness of Projectplace, we have been able to manage our technology projects without any complications.
  • All the projects that we carry out in our technology area, we can manage them correctly thanks to the Gantt chart system, where we can plan each of the projects, manage the resources of each project and we can also have a vision of the future as the project progresses. It is important to use this great function that Projectplace offers us, since we can anticipate a problem and thus solve it in the shortest possible time.
  • I love the UI that Projectplace offers me. It is an incredible comfort that I feel when I use this platform, it is very effective to have such a comfortable UI because I have been able to manage my projects without having any type of problem or without having to get bored while using the software. Apart from the convenience, it is also important to highlight the organization of all the sections within the platform, I can easily locate the projects area, the team communication area, and the project resources area.
  • The progress of the projects is developed in real time, it is surprising how I can check the progress of the projects that are being developed in my company with just one click. I can know exactly how many changes there have been in the project in a specific way and I can also know who is participating in that project.
  • In our industry, adapting to Projectplace was one of the hardest things we've ever experienced. The implementation process was not that complicated, however, adapting to each of the functions that Projectplace offered us was somewhat complicated, we did not know how to use the Gantt system and we did not know how to collaborate on projects of our colleagues. Planview Projectplace did not offer us any kind of guide or course to understand the functions of this software, we had to learn little by little and thanks to our team specialized in software.
I recommend Projectplace to all companies that are considering adding it to their business sector due to the great optimization it has at the project level, it offers real-time monitoring of all the projects that are being managed in the same company, in addition, it allows them to employees can have concrete communication while doing their projects. Projectplace is an area where everyone can be informed about the progress of each project, each employee can know exactly the changes of a project from their colleagues, it does not matter if they are in another work area. As IT Head, I have been able to manage my employees' activity on my projects, and this is totally great. I recommend it without a doubt.
I was really surprised by how effective the Projectplace support team was in answering all my questions. The interest they had in solving all my doubts was always noticed, they contributed their grain of sand so that we had a very good implementation at all times and without problems. I am very grateful to the support team, they always answered all our doubts and never left our side until all doubts were resolved.
Although at the beginning it took us a bit to adapt to the functions that Projectplace offered us, I consider I had a very good experience since the results have been totally noticeable in my business sector. In our IT area, Projectplace has provided good usability, our employees have been able to work together to complete their tasks and to develop projects with sharing of ideas and knowledge. All of their functions have served their purpose, to bring us hassle-free project management, I am totally grateful.
Sushant goyal | TrustRadius Reviewer
Planview is used to manage projects, documents, persons working, and to interact with each other.
With the help of Planview Projectplace my organization is working efficiently by managing all things in one place. It is also accessible by every device, whether it be a laptop, mobile phone, or tablet. In the past, it was used on a trial basis by a few teams. Gradually it has been put into use by the whole organization. Also, teams located in different nations interact on it. In my organization, it is used in the English language.
  • It manages teams very well. Teamwork is the key to success and with the help of [Planview Projectplace], the job is done easily, without any hassle.
  • Everyone involved in a project can very efficiently view the progress or what's next in the pipeline.
  • The most enjoyable feature is the charts. With the help of charts, projects/teams become easy to manage.
  • Another particular feature worth receiving acknowledgment is kanban boards. With the help of it, visualization becomes so simple.
  • Sharing documents, because interacting with teammates is efficient with the help of it.
  • The most important thing is pricing. Big organizations can still afford to use it, but small startups or mid-level companies will have to think twice before choosing it.
  • User Interface (UI) is not as crispy as compared to other tools in the market. The UI can definitely be improved.
  • Slow internet ruins this software usage completely. A lighter version should be available to use when your network is slow.
  • Without proper training, it would be messy to understand and use the software at its full potential. So good training should exist.
It is well suited when a team has to work remotely, or when multiple teams are working on the same project in different countries. Some work in the office, while others have outdoor jobs, so it is easy to access from a phone too. [Planview Projectplace] is not very beneficial for small organizations, as most of their work can also be managed by different tools, and to cut costs they should select different options.
It is great software for the management of projects, teams, and schedules. Support provided by Planview Projectplace is also wonderful. There are in-person trainers, online sessions, and also remotely we can learn how to use Planview Projectplace with recorded videos. Configuration of the tool is not such a hard task when done after understanding the basic things about the software and its functionality.
Planview Projectplace is a great tool to manage and track change in projects. It is also used to manage teams and their members. One very useful feature is document sharing, with the help of it no other software is required. Also, charts are helpful in keeping track of the completed and not yet completed projects. Agility is the basis of this software and it follows it very well. Kanban baord is of great use too.
Alan sheiner | TrustRadius Reviewer
Planview Projectplace is a software that combines online team collaboration tools merged with powerful project management software in a single place. Planview Projectplace provides you with all that you and your team need in order to manage group projects and complete daily tasks. We have been using Planview Projectplace for a long time now and the results have been very beneficial and profitable from our point of view.
  • Planview Projectplace is a great tool as it is web-based so it is not necessary and vital to download any software to use it and our team can even work from a browser with the same results.
  • As it is web-based it simplifies the usage allowing access to its abilities almost anywhere and at any time.
  • Its customer service is amazing and reliable.
  • Automation is effective.
  • Poor internet connection also has the capability to disrupt the overall functioning of the software which just impedes its usage.
  • Other than that, in some instances, I have been unable to export data into an Excel Sheet due to which the final outcome was a bit away from my expectations.
I would recommend Planview Projectplace to all businesses that are small and medium-sized plus businesses that are looking to have more structure on their workflow because it has been great for us and it has really helped us in boosting our team productivity and efficiency by allowing collaboration within the tool.
Its support is reliable and gives quick service. Moreover, Planview Projectplace has been a great solution because now the workflow is structured in a single place and all people can view easily what needs to be done and who is responsible for what task. Planview Projectplace has definitely made our lives easier and a whole lot structured. The platform also leverages me to see if a team member is overloaded with work so that I can take some work from him and this way not only he will feel less stressed and burdened but he will also feel more dedicated and committed to this project.
Planview Projectplace is extremely easy to use which has a user-friendly interface that is clean and allows our new team members to become familiar with the software at the earliest. The user interface is intuitive and it just blends perfectly with all organizations comprising small and medium-sized.
We used it during our Planview Enterprise One Implementation. Planview set this up to use with the consultants. Minimal use, however, I still go back to reference and search documents and timelines for when we went into production.
  • Stores Documents
  • Timelines
  • Assignments
  • Collaboration
  • Searching for documents
  • Email notifications
I only used it for a short wile with the Planview consultants, however, I did like the tool. Great for keeping track of projects, timelines and assignments. What is nice, is I was able to go back and reference documents and timelines so it acted as an archive as well.
Great tool, navigation is a bit tricky so a good overview training is good to have.
September 30, 2021

Planview Projectplace Now

Linda Bell-Sinclair, MIS/M, PMP,CBP,ITIL,BRMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
Planview ProjectPlace is currently in UAT and I'm learning to use it for my team and to share with other agencies. It's still very new. English is the language. My team will use ProjectPlace to manage tasks and deliverables for all major IT project supports. Track action items, risk, issues and create a dashboard that sync with Planview Enterprise One.
  • Tasks / Card
  • Action Items
  • I don't know enough to make recommendations at this time.
Tracking tasks assigned to resource and financial planning.
I like ProjectPlace, but do not know enough about it to give a better rating.
Ease of use and configuration.
Planview Projectplace is used as a standalone as well as with Planview Enterprise One in Flowserve. R&D and operational projects use the integrated method and there are other functions like legal and supply chain we use to manage patents and strategic projects. Users include people from all over the world and at all levels of employee, from associate engineers to C-level executives. Planview Projectplace has added lot of value for us, as most of our project managers fall in the "accidental project managers" category and this helped us to bring them onboard. We were very successful in delivering our organizational transformation program using these tools. It's been great asset for us!
  • Manage cards and boards
  • Documentation
  • Simple plan for simple projects
  • Integration with Planview Enterprise One
  • User administration needs to be easier. Deactivation and delete always confuses.
  • Custom field configuration at a higher level that can be defined to be used for a set of projects
Planview Projectplace is best suited for managing smaller/simpler projects and definitely for "accidental project managers," who do not know all the elements of project management. Using cards and boards helps any user/engineer to manage their projects. In my opinion, this might not be appropriate for complex projects which might have very complex plans--lots of task relationships or interdependencies--and track the progress in terms of schedule and financials against baselines. That is where E1 integration helps!
We receive excellent support from the team but occasionally we will have to wait until the next day for Europe to come up. Apart from that, it's very good support. Also, we had excellent support from the development team to help/fix our specific use case during a critical implementation in the past.
Based on our use case, Planview Projectplace has been a great asset for us but it was more successful because of its integration with Enterprise One. Because of this initial success, the user base grew organically (doubled and tripled in very few months) across the organization. Another great thing about it is the ease of access that eliminated the need of an internal training tool.
We use Planview Projectplace to manage traditional waterfall and SCRUM projects. It's used throughout the organization and helps to centralize project work. Most employees are in different geographical locations, so it makes tracking project work easier. We use English language only.
  • The boards are very easy to use to track project work.
  • It's easy and quick to create workspaces for a team.
  • Creating and managing tasks is easy.
  • Bidirectional connection with PPM Pro
  • More control of font colors and the ability to bold text on cards
  • More control over email notifications
It has been great for managing traditional projects and sprints. Once the pandemic started, we started it using it much more.
I can always get quick answers from support and new functionality is added constantly.
It's very easy to learn for most people.
Projectplace is being used across multiple divisions and global-operating companies to manage our R&D projects.
  • Document storage
  • Kanban boards
  • Conversations
  • Projectplace completion of tasks has to be closed on multiple levels and don't automatically close the task in PPM Pro.
  • Add a "due this month" option in Boards, sorting by the due date. I would like to see not only what is overdue and due in the next two weeks.
  • Finished tasks still sort as overdue on the boards even though they are finished.
Projectplace is well suited as a tool to support quick project huddles for teams as it allows clear tracking and accountability of assigned tasks. I am less likely to use it when the project task list is overly detailed because it seems to work better in cases where the boards can be kept clean and at a high level.
The website training resources page is very detailed and easy to follow while also being accessible from inside Projectplace itself. Customer support response is always timely.
I find it very usable due to its simplicity in design when it comes to the conversations and board tools, as well as its easy access through the mobile app. I also like that I can customize my alert and report selections to fit my needs. I appreciate that the document section is easy to upload to as well as to lock, review, and sign.
October 01, 2021

Ideal central tool

[Planview Projectplace] is being used to streamline our Project Management approach across our global business. We are implementing across functions one by one to centralize our reporting. While there has been a learning curve, it has created endless opportunities for advancement.
  • Notification management
  • User permissions
  • Gantt Charts
  • Reporting extracts
  • Linkage between workspaces in one portfolio
  • More viewing/editing options for users
It is great for global projects and for unique projects that require customization. It is not great for non-PMs to manage alone as there is so much opportunity for customization that it can be underutilized.
In my experience, the issues I have had have required jumping through numerous hoops to get to the right person to help me. Then not being able to talk to the developer directly, my issue was not properly understood and the middleman in CS was confused. I was also told my issue was moderate and would be solved in 3 months although I explained that it was pressing. Admins on the account should have more direct access to advanced support.
It is fairly easy to use once you get the hang of it but there are some buttons that are not intuitive/don't look like buttons etc.
Really liked the Kanban board and Gantt chart features. I have a team of 4 from 4 different locations and them being able to see real-time status updates and be able to collaborate right away saves so much time. We hardly have to meet on Zoom anymore! Document management is another great built-in feature—so useful!
  • Kanban boards - visual and no brainer to use, it's easy to the "do, doing, done" overall view of things
  • Document management - really like that this is in-built
  • Time-tracking - great to keep an eye on how much time is spent on what
  • The user interface could be definitely be upgraded and streamlined. It's just not that pleasing to look at compared to other similar software out there.
  • It's not easy to link and manage different projects that fall under an overall umbrella.
  • No proper offline solution. You need to be always connected to a good, strong internet to use it properly.
I'd recommend it for large-scale projects with teams of more than 10 people. I don't think it's suitable for less than 10 people, there are many features that won't be used.
Nothing to complain about, I've had no problems. They are prompt, efficient and they solve the problem fast. I couldn't ask for anything better.
I think UX and UI design can be very much improved... it has an an older Microsoft look to it.
We are currently using [Planview] Projectplace as a digital kanban board in an agile environment. It is currently used by most of our teams in the IT department. Only [the] US is involved, which is in English. The sole purpose is to report timesheets and keep track of project hours. The project buckets are kept on that platform.
  • Timeline management
  • Error management
  • Keeping track of Agile story cards for a project
  • Project status
  • Handle large volume
  • GUI editing
  • Better portfolio management
Honestly, it depends on how an organization is using the platform. I did not like the weekly reporting of which buckets I had hours allocated to. But it is well suited for organizations that would like to keep track of waterfall projects, though organizations are moving towards Agile and can use Jira or Azure DevOps.
I don't think we have had to use their support, so I am unsure [...] how to rate this feature. We had a customized platform [that] was tailored to our needs. The project management office would be the one who would have more information on the type of support received in the past.
It is very user-friendly and very easy to navigate and understand. Reporting to the timesheet is easy and has a reminder when [the] timesheet hasn't been submitted. The ability to create project buckets and allocate them to the employees working on that project is actually not complicated. The usability is recommended.
  • Roadmaps
From beginning to [the] end of programming projects.
We're using this at the enterprise level. Slowing implementing it over time so that we can transform habits and processes without too much disruption to our current ways of working. Primarily for time tracking initially but now beginning to further leverage for portfolio management and resource allocation.
  • Time tracking
  • Resource allocation
  • Portfolio visibility
  • The UI is not intuitive and hard to find what I'm looking for
  • Auto-generating recurring reports with a rolling date range doesn't seem possible
Well suited for Portfolio management but project management (MS Project replacement) is not recommended.
Very responsive. Good people.
UI is not intuitive; too complex.
October 04, 2021

Ying Yang

Planview is being used to manage different projects and portfolios in terms of budget, resources, etc. It is solving our problem of transitioning to a more digital organization while creating more visibility in our work. It is being used across multiple different team within our technology department and so far, only our WHQ is involved (English).
  • Visibility
  • Adjustability
  • Allow for more customization with the tools
  • Allow for it to be able to support high demand
It is great for companies managing many different projects and portfolios.
The support is offered, but the staff usually avoids more complicated questions.
It is a good tool, but it is too slow to use for a large organization.
We use this to keep our team organized and create a project focus so we know what needs to be prioritized and get done. All of our team uses it and it is most effective when done this way so that we always have an idea of what needs to be focused on and where work is getting done and by who.
  • Interface is pretty simple and can be picked up without much effort
  • Support team is wonderful
  • Organized beautifully
  • More functionality in terms of budgeting
  • Complicated projects are more difficult to create
I would recommend Planview Projectplace for just about any company who has a team that collaborates often, especially a remote one.
Great support. Any time we have had issues, they have been solved quickly and effectively.
It is very usable and easy to initially configure. It is not too difficult for our team to be able to pick up.
Alexander Cooper | TrustRadius Reviewer
We no longer use Planview Projectplace, we switched to Atlassian JIRA Solutions. Only one language was used, English, and in one department which was a small test group of developers. Only one location within the world and within the organization was used in the trial, as it was being tested as a demonstration.
  • Large amount of features and reporting tools
  • Many different ways to see your tasks and data
  • Zoom integration
  • Overall layout is too bland and hard to navigate
  • Dated looking compared to more refined/newer, simpler tools
  • The document collaboration isn't "smart"
Planview Projectplace is well suited for large, remote teams that require large amounts of collaboration. That collaboration could be meetings, shared tasks, documents etc. However, [I feel] other tools have better integration with our software suite, tools such as Jira have been easier to implement alongside Google suite applications and other 3rd party reporting tools.
I do not think Planview Projectplace is as polished and refined as other project management tools, nor is it as simple and easy to use as other free tools. Integration with the tools we required was difficult to impossible with our staff and toolset. The overall design seemed dated, and we preferred the look and feel of Jira.
The overall usability of Planview Projectplace was difficult to get familiar with, and the aesthetic seemed dated compared to minimalist solutions, and heavily refined tools of other software sets. Certain features such as Zoom integration and excellent cross-platform functionality were easy to use and powerful, but not enough to keep us interested.
Rob Gokee | TrustRadius Reviewer
I did freelance work for a company in the entertainment industry that implemented Projectplace Project Management, and all of the employees were onboarded. The most similar product to this I'd used was Slack - Planview Projectplace was like going from Triple A baseball to the major leagues. The ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate users was impressive.
  • Organization of every team member in one place
  • Charts helped me understand what tasks I had to accomplish
  • The software made me feel like everyone was in one big room, working together as a team
  • It would be nice if they had a tier for small businesses (less than 5 employees) - I'd love to implement it as a composer, but it's a bit cost-prohibitive
If you're managing a large project with multiple sub projects and a lot of employees, Planview Projectplace is the perfect place to run it. Being able to see what everyone is working on - and where they are in the process - very quickly is vital to successful project management. This software has every tool you need to succeed.
Personally, I didn't have to reach out to support. But when my team leader did, we were always met with a prompt response.
Planview Projectplace is a solution for large projects with teams of people - It's an agile replacement for Microsoft Project. I'd love to see how it works with my own film & television score projects - but the entry price is a bit steep for a single user scenario. But for the client I worked for, with the amount of plates they had to spin to complete the project on time, it was the perfect solution.
Ryan Blaise | TrustRadius Reviewer
Whether teams are based within or outside the company, we have been able to ultimately achieve project goals by using Planview Projectplace. Teams are empowered to create plans and set goals and as well collaborate using the Kanban boards. Every member of the team is able to take control of their tasks and commitments using personal to-do lists.
  • Spotting issues during project execution and measuring performance.
  • Management of workflows, sequence features and time releases.
  • Agile team costing and lean budgeting.
  • Assembling and executing projects, team collaboration and time tracking.
  • To customize this platform requires technical knowledge.
Planview Projectplace helps companies accelerate the strategy delivery process and quickly setup new projects. Project managers use this platform to spot viable opportunities, make critical decisions on projects as well as leverage on limited resources. Without Planview Projectplace teams can easily fail to achieve their project goals, be at a loss and make poor decisions.
Planview Projectplace has several emails available for general queries, customer care and public relations. The support staff are quick to resolve issues so that they don't waste your productive work. I have seen unmatched commitment as they provide customer support to their customers to ensure we get maximum value of our investment.
Planview Projectplace provides the best user experience by offering a number of innovations into project and portfolio management. Users have strategic planning capabilities and reporting at their fingertips and the UX has been improved with financial planning pages and redesigned timesheets. It is scalable, intuitive and ideal in visualizing business information.
Ryan Dury | TrustRadius Reviewer
Planview Projectplace is a Project Management Software which has agile tracking and standup meetings for accelerating software development and increasing agile methods. Overall, Planview Projectplace is a place where me and my team can plan and get everyone aligned. We can also share a timeline with the team then work towards the main and ultimate goal. Other than that, Planview Projectplace is also used by various other groups throughout my organization and even some departments use it for single projects.
  • Planview Projectplace streamlines interaction between activities within and outside the organization.
  • Planview Projectplace helps in reducing meetings because we are able to collaborate within the tool.
  • I am greatly satisfied with Planview Projectplace as the document management in Planview Projectplace is of top-notch quality.
  • When it comes to Planview Projectplace then there is training required as you will be learning how to manage everybody with one tool.
  • The ‘download’ option for documents is somewhat hidden and it would be nice if the ‘download’ option is next to the file or at least present at a more visible spot. I feel like pictures help a lot when explaining any information so pictorial representation is one thing that is missing in this software that requires attention.
My experience with Planview Projectplace has been great so far. It is the leading software in the category of Project Management Software and it gives the project professionals a simple yet powerful way to manage, track, and tackle their issues. I highly recommend this tool to those who are in search of an efficient project management tool.
Planview Projectplace has efficient and professional support which is working in advanced ways. It has increased my team’s efficiency by a small margin in how our team operates and completes their allocated tasks. We are also able to view the workload of a group of people or individuals and hence we derive a good overview of the planned work.
It is a very user-friendly platform. The Kanban functionality in Planview Projectplace is just so great and simple. Also, it is customizable which is great for me. Plаnvіеw Prоjесtрlасе іs а spectacular platform thаt brіngs dіffеrеnt tеаms tоgеthеr tо wоrk оn оnе рrоjесt sіmultаnеоuslу. Regardless of whеrе уоur tеаmmаtеs аrе, уоu саn соllаbоrаtе tо gеt thе wоrk dоnе by using this multіfunсtіоnаl sоftwаrе.
Sofia Martinez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Planview Projectplace is a well-known work management software that has been carefully designed to offer work management software with work collaboration solutions as well. The software has made life so much easier for me as it keeps track on the progress of all the work that is happening within the premises of my organization.
  • An important benefit of this tool is that it is an application that is very easy to use and also comes with a mobile application that is efficient and effective as well.
  • Other than this, the software has the audacity to do easy management of tasks with other tools like commenting too.
  • The schedule overview in this platform is also simple, helpful, and friendly for all the users.
  • The video conferencing tool has poor quality as compared to other features of Planview Projectplace.
  • As video conferencing has now become very important so that is why this needs to be improved otherwise users can switch to other players as well.
  • Also, dashboards need a lot more improvisation as well because it is not up to the mark as of now.
Altogether, I feel that it is a decent and easy-to-use software. I think that as much as it would benefit all businesses of all sizes still from my personal experience I feel like this is more appropriate and adequate for larger companies because it will help them keep a track of bigger tasks which are from a diverse range of departments.
Planview Projectplace offers support in solutions in project collaboration, lifecycle management, and also workload management. Another thing about Planview Projectplace is that it is easily available online and it is accessible to everyone so it ensures that everyone gets the chance to use this.
The user interface is also very easy to understand and grasp which makes all users comfortable and ready to use it often. The application has good adjustability and can be used by any type of business regardless of its size. Also, the Gantt Centered Approach makes it stand out from all other options as well. Another advantage is the strategic road mapping of the platform.
Bella Castilla | TrustRadius Reviewer
Planview Projectplace is a work management software that has been developed to offer project management software with work collaboration solutions. Planview Projectplace features tasks like Kanban boards, Gantt charts, Document Management, To-Do Lists, and much more. This software has made life easier because it thoroughly keeps a check and track on the progress of the work happening within an organization.
  • The first and foremost benefit of Planview Projectplace is that it is a web-based application that is easy to use and has a mobile application that works pretty good too.
  • Planview Projectplace is also used to view our documents in a chronological way.
  • I have been using this software and from my experience, I feel that this software is great for every type of resource and portfolio management.
  • It is also a reasonable platform.
  • While there are many pros of Planview Projectplace, there are certain cons to consider as well. Firstly, updating cards on this particular software takes a lot of time. Also, I personally think that reports and dashboards can be made much better and improvised for the end audience.
  • Moreover, its video conferencing tool is also a bit unstable and poor as compared to other features that are being offered by Planview Projectplace.
  • Additionally, Planview Projectplace has many chances to stimulate their existing tools so that organizations can get help in automating their processes.
In conclusion, I would like to share my verdict. So in my opinion, Planview Projectplace is a great tool for organizations to opt for. It is better and well suited for a large project team and enterprise business in project management. It is great to keep track on your tasks and progress and for that Planview Projectplace is the best option out there.
I would say its support is completely useful because they provide a solution for every single issue in less time. I highly appreciate its support. The software has been developed in a way that it has capabilities and desired tools which are specifically used to address problems that come across a project planning, delivery, and even execution.
Projectplace is an outstanding and user-friendly platform. It clearly shows all the tasks the business has to perform and which of the tasks are overlapping in a lucid way. The software is great when it comes to resource planning as well. One other thing I like about the software is that it allows larger objectives to be divided into smaller tasks which can be assigned to individual tasks and team members, this leads to getting one big task in a smooth way.
Darren Mihalic | TrustRadius Reviewer
Regardless of whether groups are based inside or outside the organization, we have had the option to eventually accomplish project objectives by utilizing Plainview Project place. Groups are enabled to make plans and put out objectives and work together utilizing the Kanban sheets. Each individual from the group can assume responsibility for their undertakings and responsibilities utilizing individual to-do lists. My department is having excellent experience in project management with this tool and I am a satisfied user.
  • Planview Projectplace is a dependable task at the board stage that permits associations to follow and deal with their ventures naturally and guarantee their consummation on schedule.
  • We use Planview Project place in our all offices to execute and deal with the entirety of our tasks within the specified time. It gives reliable services.
  • I like that it offers archive the executives and report stockpiling, and so on It simplifies convoluted activities by separating what undertakings need to complete and when.
  • It is an easy to use platform.
  • It's natural and fits entirely in all associations including even the little and fair-sized ones. At times helpless web associations upset the appropriate working of the product looming its usage. The stage is influenced by helpless web associations deferring the entrance of different undertaking points of interest and tasks. I was exceptionally amazed when I was first acquainted with Project place that there is no monetary following segment in the application. On the off chance that somebody is dealing with an undertaking, they need an approach to deal with the spending plan.
Great arrangement of onboarding recordings, yet they didn't appear to dive down into highlights. We were essentially looking around in the product on occasion attempting to sort out certain highlights. They do have online classes you can join and a beautiful powerful help segment on their website, yet I would say be ready to do some exploration to sort out the ideal design.
I appreciate its support that is incredibly amazing and well trained. It's dependable and assists us with acknowledging gigantic advantages from our contributed assets, and it is utilized across our different associations in various areas. Honestly saying it is a perfect tool with excellent support.
I love that they offer various approaches to sort out things, for example, plans for the day, kabana sheets, and so forth. I am happy with its easy and reliable services. It is an incredible strength that the product is cooperative and the clients can make alters and it will refresh on the opposite end. Content administration highlight is marvelous.