Overall Satisfaction with MindTouch
Our organization has created a large site we call the Customer Success Center for the users of the software products we sell. There is an area for support for each product. We have the help for each of our products in MindTouch, and that is created by a team for each product. We also have our training content there. I create most of that. Our training content and a great deal of our marketing content is also on MindTouch. Customers of our products all use MindTouch to get information.
- MindTouch allows us to organize our content hierarchically but also to find it via search. People can easily browse or go straight to what they want to see.
- MindTouch is very easy for content creators to use. It's easy to copy and move items around, and it's especially nice that links to moved files are redirected.
- MindTouch easily allows for collaboration. Having a version history is very useful to us.
- The search functionality needs some help.
- We are having a horrible time embedding the kind of video content we would like to include in our files.
- We would like to create documentation from our files, but the PDF capability will not let us make files long enough to be the training manuals we make (more than 100 pages at least!) and we can't get a table of contents.
- Customers are extremely pleased at the improvement over our previous system.
- We can create help content much more quickly.
- Our content now appears in search engine searches.
It lacked many of the features of MindTouch and was not appropriate for the volume of content we have.
It's great for help content and for any other documentation about a software product. It's also very good for keeping content consistent when there is a large team working on it. It's wonderful to be able to create entire new areas of content with just a few keystrokes. The flexibility of the system is very much appreciated by our teams.