Miva Merchant Reviewhttps://www.trustradius.com/ecommerceMiva MerchantUnspecified7.8201012014-03-29T21:33:20.965Z
Updated April 08, 2015
Miva Merchant Review
Score 1 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Miva Merchant
We used Miva Merchant to build e-commerce websites for clients. We worked with small businesses and individuals on their e-commerce needs. The manager of our company had decided that Miva Merchant would be the best, most secure, e-commerce site to use.
- It has a user friendly experience when purchasing and checking out.
- It was easy to teach the client how to upload products to their site.
- It had many options for payment gateways.
- Miva Merchant has it's own language which had a high learning curve for me to understand.
- Customizing the template to match a html/css static site was difficult because you needed those Miva Merchant code pieces to be in the correct places.
- It used to let people store user's credit card information and process the payment later, which, when hacked, is really bad.
- It was nice that it kept track of orders from the back end of the site.
- Better customer service for someone who is just starting to use Miva Merchant. The Miva Merchant code is not easy to understand. Even for a seasoned developer who specializes in html, css, java, and php.
- Faster Lead Conversion
Miva Merchant has it's own language which had a high learning curve for me to understand. Customize the template to match a html/css static site was difficult because you needed those Miva Merchant code pieces to be in the correct places. Now that I'm older and wiser, I no longer work for that company and I use WordPress and Woocommerce to build e-commerce and it's much easier for me to understand. Once you know how to customize a WordPress template, Woocommerce is so easy to understand.