Monetate Review: "Great testing platform"https://www.trustradius.com/ab-testingMonetateUnspecified7.7931012018-01-18T19:48:39.136Z
Overall Satisfaction with Monetate
Monetate is mostly used by our marketing & merchandising team. Monetate is used for A/B testing in a variety of different ways. We use Monetate to test customize homepages, new site features and more to better understand how our customers use our website.It helps our team change the website without using other departments for help.
- Monetate does well with showing us the impact of a test in a clear, detailed way. There are many different tests that can be done in Monetate and the results can be broken down by conversion, bounce rate, add to cart rate etc. This has helped us create the best possible experience for our customers.
- Monetate has tons of variety of different ways you can optimize a website. From badging, product cross-sells, navigation changes and product changes, it's now easy to completely change a portion of the website without having to go to IT for help.
- Monetate saves and archives all tests, even after they are completed. It's nice to have the option to look at what we did the past month or year and have the results saved as well.
- Monetate can be difficult to learn at first. I think having a clear way to access how-to guides or videos would help employees learn the tool faster.
- A small criticism but Monetate doesn't allow you to delete any experiences. It can make the platform a bit messy because there are times where we practice creating experiences and now they can't be deleted.
- Monetate has shown us how our new site features have either helped customer experience or created a negative impact.
- One issue we've run into with Monetate is site speed. Too many tests or experiences going on at once will slow down the website noticeably.
- Monetate has made it faster and easier for us to launch our ideas without having to go through IT for changes.
Monetate has many different varieties of testing that can be done with unique components based on what your goals are. I didn't give them a 10/10 rating because the platform is a bit difficult to understand at first and we've learned that testing can slow down our site. It's something that we are working on with the company today.
Monetate allows you to target demographics, regions, new/returning users, and other defining characteristics. We've been able to target our customers based on previous purchases or browsing history as well in order to provide a true custom experience for each user. This has been helpful for us to grow as a company.
We love the flexibility of majority fit capability. It has allowed us to test as frequently as we like and provide us with data we can use going forward with other testing ideas. I personally do not have experience using the individual fit capability so I can not speak effectively to that.
The reporting and data is very easy to find and also to understand. Monetate shows you a variety of results and analytics based on all testing such as conversation, bounce rate, add to cart, site speed etc. We've used the data from Monetate for our reporting presentations to easily demonstrate what did and didn't work in a test.
Monetate is connected to a few of our 3rd party platforms that have helped us be able to conduct certain testing. It did take a little while to get a platform to connect properly with Monetate but they were really helpful with reaching out to us and solve any issues we have.
Monetate is great if you're looking to create content that's targeted to specific people or places. We have done this before on occasion and have targeted different images based on customer history with us. We have also used this many times in testing between new and returning customers. Monetate is also great for creating quick website experience changes and seeing how they affect users.