Overall Satisfaction with Moodle
Moodle is our university LMS and has been used across the whole institution for the past 6 years. In addition to being used to deliver student orientation, it is also used to support face to face class delivery and to manage students who are in various rotations across the Pacific Northwest. Moodle also facilitates student clubs and other learning activities outside the classroom.
- Features like drag and drop and moving items around - these features make the course setup pretty easy.
- Various types of activities and resources. We had faculty to use the Moodle "book" with video recording to meet the accommodation needs. "Page" could save space and help with content organization.
- Customized course import. This makes the course import very simple. You can select the content you want to carry over to a new course.
- Third party service. We work with a vendor to make Moodle communicate to different systems used in the institution.
- Cohort admin. Creating cohorts for classes and faculty/staff groups helps with the admin side of the LMS usage.
- "Log in as a user". This function reduces the burden of the trouble shooting process. Love it!
- Planned upgrade. Instead of upgrading every month and having surprises, Moodle is in our hands.
- Grade book. We encountered the problem of system locking student grades so the overall calculations were not accurate. Not sure if bulk edit has been implemented or not. We started to use another system to deliver grades to students.
- Mobile app. Great try but still needs improvement.
- Log file. We had hard time tracking course activities because the log file was not accurate.
- We've had Moodle since 2011 and it's the main CMS for our institution. It helps to deliver our curriculum more efficiently.
- We keep student access to all courses from year 1 to year 4. Moodle provides a platform for faculty and students to manage teaching and learning systematically.
- It helps with communication across departments on campus and regional sites.
We are a small institution and Moodle works fine for us, especially after we upgraded to 2.6 version.
- Moodle is pretty intuitive to use and the popup text helps explain functions well.
- There are lots of plugins that may improve Moodle's functionalities.
- Relatively low cost always makes Moodle an affordable option if your IT team is fairly robust.