Great for startup initiative.https://www.trustradius.com/learning-management-lmsMoodleUnspecified7.71551012015-09-25T18:45:19.432Z
September 25, 2015
Great for startup initiative.
Score 6 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Moodle
Moodle was used across the institution to support both online and traditional courses.
- It is easier to customize when compared to other LMS options.
- It is easier to integrate other products when compared to other LMS options.
- It works well with video.
- Moodle requires an advanced level of technical expertise to maintain.
- Advanced support usually relies on peers. Lack of formal support when deployed as a low cost solution.
- Benefit of low cost can be eclipsed by cost of maintenance in the long run.
- The time to implementation was virtually zero which allowed for quick revenue generation in a new line of business.
- Basic functionality was sufficient to launch meaning that upfront costs were very low.
- Allowed organization to meet demand for new product quickly and at low initial investment.
Moodle provides basic LMS functionality that is easy to use. In an organization with a very tight budget, an expensive LMS was not an option. Moodle allowed us to enter the online education market with a very small initial investment. As revenue is generated, it can be reinvested to further customize the product and extend functionality.