October 12, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
NetSuite Enterprise Edition
- Manufacturing WIP & Routing
- Work Orders and Assemblies
- SuiteSolutions - Advanced Workflows
Overall Satisfaction with NetSuite
eSilicon uses NetSuite ERP for its:
- Financial Management and Planning
- Order Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Advanced Approvals - Suite Solutions
- It is in cloud - many problems are fixed by just being in the cloud somewhere and not on-premise.
- It is built to scale with company growth.
- Ease-of-use - nice and friendly user Interface with a strong search mechanism
- Strong reporting feature - use saved searches to get the data you want and when you want
- Customizable - you can customize pretty much anything in the forms, records. The Suite Solutions scripting will allow you to reach next level of customization.
- Testing instances (Sandboxes) are expensive and their refresh from production is restricted (limited in number and there are blackout periods where refresh is prohibited) - software teams need frequent refreshes and several test instances
- Support team is very responsive but not that high in technical knowledge, at least the first 2 levels.
- Customization is a weakness too because it can cause a lot of headaches. We had to take ownership of the Advanced Approvals scripts just to have complete understanding of it and have the ability to extend it.
- Cost per user and limited users per user role - we are unable to have a custom role for a development manager for example due to its cost
- For us, NetSuite being in the cloud has solved a whole list of issues we had by running the previous ERP on premise, like infrastructure, OS licenses, IT maintenance etc. All these costs were on top of the ERP software license.
- Along with NetSuite adoption, we have simplified and optimized some of the business processes and procedures we were using, on finance and manufacturing side. One reason was because NetSuite is not supporting some of the aspects of these processes.
- The implementation time was 40% longer than initially planned due to some NetSuite limitations/misunderstandings on finance side, which was causing delays of 3-4 months in paying the vendor bills.
We moved from Oracle ERP to NetSuite due to several reasons:
- To be more cost effective
- To be in the cloud
- To be more lightweight
For a small to medium company it has everything you need:
- Financial management and planning
- Order/supply chain management
- Nice reporting features
- Usability of the system through its nice user Interface