Notepad++
January 31, 2019

Notepad++

Dane Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Notepad++

I use Notepad++ on a daily basis to take a quick look at files. It is extremely lightweight and does an incredible job of formatting and allowing an easy way to view code or any other file for that matter. There are a plethora of plugins that can be used as well for a variety of needs.

Pros

• Opens individual files very quickly.
  • Automatically formats itself to the language of code the file is in
  • Allows you to search among all open files, or just the individual file.
  • You can add any number of plugins.
  • You can make edits to your code files.

Cons

• I wish there were an easier way to get and install the plugins. I think they are a wonderful thing to have, but I hate having to go through the work of finding the one I want and then manually adding it.
  • It has been very beneficial for me to use. It is free, easy to use, and very convenient. It has made quick browsing and editing of code files very easy.
TextPad works very well, but isn't quite as light weight and convenient as Notepad++. I'm not entirely sure which one allows you to do more overall, but I would imagine they both work very well.
Notepad++ is very beneficial for viewing files, and making some small edits even. It is not in itself an IDE, so there are much better tools for actual code development out there.

Comments