February 04, 2015
Panatrack, Inc.Computer Software, 1-10 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Nutshell CRM
We use Nutshell to track and manage our sales process, both for software and professional services. It is used primarily by customer-facing staff throughout our team. It allows us to track communication with customers/prospects, and gives us an easy handle on the stage of a sales opportunity.
- The ability to simply capture any emails to/from a contact is extremely easy. Simply BCC the Nutshell email address and it sorts it out and attaches the information to the contact. This makes it easy to do from a phone or tablet (as it doesn't require an add-in to Outlook like several other solutions).
- The reporting is simple but effective. The "custom reporting" is basically a big filter that is pretty useful. Other nice touches are the ability to hook in a contacts Twitter feed. Nutshell also displays the weather and local time for whoever you are viewing.
- The dashboard makes it easy to see what the rest of your team is doing. It's basically an activity stream that shows communication and status changes that have occurred recently. You can comment on any of these activity items and start an internal dialog with your colleagues. For example, you can tag a coworker in a comment and they will be notified. You can then capture your comments/dialog for a permanent record to remind you of the conversation.
- The web UI has improved, but still has a "uniqueness" that some may not appreciate. The Android app is nice, and the reporting available within it are helpful. However, it too has a sort of "non-standard' look and feel.
- It would be nice to see additional integrations. Also, the ability to send a quote from the tool (without sending to another program) would be helpful.
- You can add custom fields to the leads, but they field length is too short to capture the level of detail we want for some of the data. For example, trying to capture details scoping information just won't fit in the long-fields.
- We feel that we are more efficient using this CRM than we have been with others. It is quick and simple to use, and the BCC email feature means that we can easily capture communications whether from a phone or desktop.
- We still need to find a way to manage contracts (not contacts, contRacts). Heavier CRMs have this capability, but it isn't present here. This is a tool for the sales process, but it would be nice to have more customer-retention capabilities.
In my evaluation and selection of Nutshell, I was drawn in by the fact that it straddles the gap between overly-simple and overly-complex. It has a configurable sales process and some great features, yet it is pretty simple to use and understand. The alternatives of MSCRM and SalesForce throw so many features at you that are difficult to configure. Nutshell seems to live in the "good enough without being overly complicated" space.
Nutshell Feature Ratings
Customer data management / contact management
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
Quote & order management
Channel / partner relationship management
API for custom integration
Role-based user permissions