Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Application Testing Suite
Oracle Application Testing Suite is currently being used by our E-Business Suite Development group. That may expand to other Oracle Application teams in the future.
- Provides out of the box testing flows for E-Business Suite.
- Allows our non-technical QA team member to build tests.
- Performs automated regression testing of critical functionalities within the application.
- Can accommodate customizations or extensions by altering the base flows.
- Cost of tool is higher than some others on the market.
- Better out of the box options for parallel regression testing sets.
- Reduced development time and cost
- Reduced defects and time spent to correct
- Reduced cost of user group UAT
Oracle Applications Testing Suite's main advantage is the published content and flows specific to Oracle applications. In our case that is E-Business Suite. Having pre-built tests that only require tailoring for our unique configurations and extensions is a major advantage over having to build all tests completely from scratch. Updates are also published on an ongoing basis for new application version releases.
Oracle Application Testing Suite can greatly reduce the required user involvement during an implementation or upgrade. It can also help deliver a better final product with less bugs. It is also useful in routine development and enhancement work and allows our dev team to put out features faster and with fewer issues.