October 24, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Database 12c
Oracle Database 12c is used across the whole organization as the preferred RDMS software upon which all big data analytics are based and executed from. The software is reliable and helps us manage our big data, including data saved from our clients, and also execute other roles, such as back-up and restoration, easily and without major challenges.
- It's reliable and executes its function without major hiccups and shutdowns
- Increases data security, especially the confidential information obtained from clients, and prevents unauthorized access
- Integrates well with other Oracle family software, thereby improving the business process agility and outcomes
- Sometimes its inhibited by poor internet connections or when there is an internet shutdown
- Requires a practitioner who is conversant with Oracle Database software to get the best out of the software
- Oracle 12c is appropriate for large-scale enterprise applications where data availability, integrity, disaster recovery and efficiency is important. It is not well suited to smaller organizations with small data sets and less need for immediate disaster cutover. The license cost for an Oracle 12c database installation makes it not relevant for small installations or smaller applications, while the support of Oracle and data archival and maintenance make a large installation well worth it.
- Oracle Database 12c is able to handle large quantities of data with extremely good performance. My organization happens to be the largest user of the ERP software that we run, and it is able to handle tables with millions of rows.
Oracle Database 12c is well suited to companies involved with service delivery, especially those in banking, insurance, finance, human resource, e-commerce, and any others that collect crucial and confidential information from their clients and manage it in a database for later analysis and use in enhancing service delivery. On scenarios where it's less appropriate, I cannot fathom any as almost every business handles some data along its operations and will require to back it up or manage it in some way or another.