Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
We are using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control for End to End monitoring of our physical servers, Exadata Database Machines, Middleware products and Web Servers. Although OEM Cloud Control supports non-Oracle software products most of our products being monitored are Oracle.
- Out of box monitoring templates are extremely useful. You can use these templates to create your own custom templates.
- I am a big fan of new administrative groups. This makes addition of new targets convenient and applies monitoring templates and incident rules directly on them.
- Its very sophisticated products with lots of monitoring and administrative tools. The performance monitoring is just great. We totally depend on OEM for performance monitoring.
- This product comes with so much features and options that it makes it very heavy, resource intensive and slow.
- Global Repeat Notification settings are truly global and applies to both warning and critical thresholds. We wanted to setup different settings of repeat notifications for warning and critical thresholds. This is not possible as of now.
- OEM Cloud Control has made our monitoring and administration activities quite easy. We depend on OEM Cloud Control for most of the administrative tasks.
- It sends just too many emails and alert notifications, this is quite annoying.
OEM Cloud Control base version is free to use if you have licensed Enterprise Edition of one of the Oracle Product. It's sophisticated single point of control, we have used other monitoring products such as Veeam but none of the products have all the features packed together like OEM Cloud Control does.
OEM Cloud Control is well suited as a single point of control for both monitoring and administration of medium to large enterprise implementation. However, if your implementation is considerably small and is with restricted budget, OEM Cloud Control may not be the best choice due to high pricing.
Evaluating Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Prior Experience with the Product
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
Product features was the most important reason why we chose OEM Cloud Control for our monitoring and administration needs.
Using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
I wanted to give it a 10 but the heavily loaded solution makes it slow to load and refresh pages. Even bouncing the OEM Cloud Control takes around 10 mins which is quite long.
Like to use
Easy to use
Feel confident using
Requires technical support
Lots to learn
- Adding monitoring targets is easy using guided method.
- setting up administrative group is one time activity and is really elegant way of managing multiple targets.
- Managing notifications for warning and critical thresholds separately is a bit complicated process.