ClickUp

As close to all-in-one you're gonna get

Task Management (49)

Team Collaboration (49)

Gantt Charts (37)

Document Management (43)

Free

Unlimited

$9.00 ($5.00)

per member per month (annual contract pricing)

Business

$19.00 ($9.00)

per member per month (annual contract pricing)

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://clickup.com/#pricing

Project Management

Professional Services Automation

What is ClickUp?

ClickUp brings all work into one place. Whether the user is proofing ads or working on sprints, ClickUp is designed to be fully customizable for every type and size of team.

Built for teams of all sizes and industries, ClickUp’s features allow teams to keep everything from design to development in one place. The platform allows modularity in the form of add-ons called ‘ClickApps’, allowing rich customization for each team individually.
ClickUp allows users to create custom views that can be saved and shared with anyone, with features such as Assigned Comments, LineUp™, and Box view for people management.

ClickUp states its core mission is to make the world more productive by removing friction caused by using many different applications. ClickUp boasts millions of users and over 100,000 teams at companies like Google, Airbnb, Uber, Nike, and Ubisoft.

ClickUp Features

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesAll
Supported LanguagesEnglish, Spanish, French, German

Alternatives

What is ClickUp's best feature?

Reviewers rate Task Management highest, with a score of 9.1.

Who uses ClickUp?

The most common users of ClickUp are from Small Businesses and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

We chose ClickUp after we tested monday.com - which was quite expensive as we had to pay for every user, even people who maybe have to set a comment less than once a month. Unfortunately, the ClickUp UI isn't as intuitive as monday.com, so it's pretty hard for us to convince our colleagues to get started using it. ClickUp has massive issues with its Information Architecture, and UX - with Spaces Folders, List, Docs, and somehow everything can be nested everywhere. For Example, I share spaces with many users from a service company - all users have been "Guests." ClickUp let me do that, but it's not possible for guests to access Docs directly in a "Space". The ClickUp support instructed me that I have to add docs into a "Folder" to be able to share them. I had to change the whole structure because when I asked if they would fix the "bug", the answer was it works as intended! Luckily not many of my Team members have started using ClickUp, so are able to switch the platform a third time (or just go back to simple google spreadsheets)
  • Manage Task
  • Keep an overview
  • Docs are great
  • Comments in docs are horrible, it's super hard to find where the user left the comment in the doc
  • Sharing - doesn't work to Guest always
  • Horrible Information Architecture - some things are not discoverable at all
  • Onboarding colleagues. - this tool has a very high learning curve. People do not like to start using it.
ClickUp sucks n real-time collaboration and sharing has a lot of issues. Many things do not work reliably like sharing with guest users.
Our entire company uses ClickUp as a project management tool. Recently, we have started centralizing all our documents and data within this tool, as it allows for it, and that saves us tremendous time and effort. It's a very robust project management tool, suited for various businesses and project management styles. Our company is using SCRUM methodology, and ClickUp offers everything we need to do it effectively, without being too complicated like Jira.
  • Different spaces for different sections of business.
  • Task organizations and levels of tasks are all customizable.
  • Time tracking isn't the greatest. It works, but definitely needs improvement.
  • There's currently no option to add a subtask to a subtask, which we often need.
ClickUp is an excellent tool for project managers or anyone involved in team management. It's customizable so you can adapt it to any project you have, and it offers a variety of management tools depending on the methodology your company is applying. If you're a web design/development agency, you'd be better off with Jira, but for everyone else, I'd highly recommend this tool.
Their team is very responsive and provides a ton of learning material to help you with the transfer from other tools to ClickUp.
Our entire company uses ClickUp to manage complex workflows.
  • Extensive customization of virtual workplace
  • [In my experience] poor general reliability of software
  • Response to work-crippling bugs [I feel is] slow at best
  • [In my opinion] lies about status of current issues with software
  • [I feel] is more concerned with expanding features than fixing what's broken
[I would] not use this service, [I feel] we are stuck here due to its low cost and the amount of effort it took to move everything here before we realized it was a mistake. I do not believe the current leadership will make this a viable product.
We have capitalized on our daily activities with ClickUp; we are more accountable than before and accurately and precisely determine the processes that have not been done. We have many projects to manage and many that have already been worked on; the results have been interesting. The organization feels secure and confident with ClickUp.
  • It has an excellent interface, intuitive, and easy to use.
  • ClickUp's support has the best people in charge; no doubt is not solved.
  • The software works with excellence and emphasizes the structure of tasks with responsibility. It moderates the work very well with a unique look and feel.
  • Its tools work wonderfully and have no deployment errors.
  • I don't particularly appreciate that its price increases a little every month; it should be a little more flexible.
ClickUp is excellent; it has been very intense in project management, which has given us a constant follow-up of activities. It works very well, and we recognize when any project is deficient. It helps to have a lot of experience in the tasks.
Mike Muller | TrustRadius Reviewer
ClickUp is being used as our internal project management system. It's being used by our entire agency as the tool to manage all our projects, tasks timelines and billing. It has replaced an older system and has allowed us to move toward a more agile project management flow and helped improve internal communications.
  • Task management.
  • Internal communications.
  • Project organization.
  • Cannot track on a project level. Clickup is very task oriented
  • Sometimes difficult to find things.
  • Needs more flexible reporting. Customized reports would be great
  • Better resource management
Great for task management when you have lots of projects that have many different kinds of tasks. Works well when mixing traditional creative projects along with digital projects. It also works well when there is a lot of internal communication that needs to be tracked as part of a project.
I've not had a lot of direct contact with support but they are responsive and we've not needed much support. The platform is very stable and works well with few bugs.
Remote work is simplified with ClickUp helping us manage all our projects anywhere at any time. We can easily assign tasks, set priorities, track projects, and collaborate all under one single platform. Speed is important to us but also accuracy is everything. ClickUp helps us complete and deliver projects on time with a high level of accuracy. We are now more organized and ready to add more projects to our timeline as management of projects is now a smooth process.
  • It is easy to use and customize to suit our specific use case.
  • It allows us to stay on track and keep track of progress of projects to meet our set deadlines.
  • ClickUp is affordable as it manages all types of projects under one single platform eliminating the need of switching between apps.
  • Our users were overwhelmed by the many features in the software.
ClickUp is a project management that is designed to have more customizable functionalities to meet the needs of every project managers, teamwork as well as all users. It is also well suited for remote work where it allows teams to complete projects no matter their location enhancing collaboration and productivity. However it is less appropriate for solo users as it can be expensive and may not make use fully of all the features in the software.
Pedro Pereira | TrustRadius Reviewer
It’s being used as a CRM, a work schedule, and a space to write down ideas and creativity. ClickUp is a service that will keep all your files, folders, notes, and documents in one place, allowing you to operate your business from one platform.

This online service also ensures safe storage of all documentation and can be accessed from a mobile, tablet, or desktop. It’s perfect for on-the-go use or to manage and run day-to-day processes.
  • ClickUp allows you to set deadlines, assign tasks, and personalize spaces to suit the nature of your business.
  • It offers a variation of views, meaning you can work from task lists, timelines, mind maps, and more!
  • ClickUp allows you to embed and upload media. This is why I use it to plan my social media posts. I’m able to refer to other media that inspired me (e.g., a YouTube video)!
  • ClickUp can be slightly tricky for the average new user. I stay up to date with technology; however, a new user might take a little while to pick it up.
  • Pinning a view permanently shouldn’t be a paid feature.
  • I don’t like the pricing structure; I feel there’s too high a price margin between packages with little difference in functionality.
ClickUp has been fantastic in running my daily operations. It has helped me streamline my processes and has been fantastic at helping me organize my time.

I am a little hesitant about bringing my team across to this platform, as others have proved more useful! Whilst I do appreciate that this is a service that’s run by a business, I think there should be a little more to the plan.

Overall, it’s a great platform, but there is certainly room for improvement.
Brittany Bartoli | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ClickUp across the entire organization. I am a project manager and I use it to assign and track tasks for our design, development and marketing teams. It also allows us to easily track the time of our team members by task, which is helpful for internal resource planning as well as managing time for our retainer-based clients.
  • Time tracking and estimation: Team members can estimate and track their time for each task in real time or go back and log time they may have forgotten to track earlier. Our team works in 2-week sprints and the estimation allows us to make sure no one is going to be overloaded in the upcoming sprint so that we can reassign work accordingly.
  • Ease of use: Almost everything in clickup can be dragged/dropped so reordering tasks or projects to stay organized is super simple. Also, onboarding new team members is very easy with such a simple interface.
  • Customizable statuses: ClickUp allows you to customize your statuses for tasks within a certain list. Many project management tools that I've used pigeon hole you into using their preset statuses. This is extremely helpful because we may need different statuses for tasks depending on the nature of the project.
  • Attachments: I wish there was a simple way to move an attachment from one task to another. I have to do that a lot, and as it stands today, I have to download the attachment and then re-upload it to the new task.
  • Ordering of projects: When you add a new project, it always appears at the bottom of the list of projects. I wish there was a simple way to sort your projects by certain criteria (alphabetically, etc.).
  • Bugs: There's no function for adding bugs to a specific task. Our team utilizes the subtasks when we are going through QA, but it's not ideal.
ClickUp is great if you're looking for a user-friendly way to manage your projects, tasks and time spent. If you're looking for a tool that is more specific to a certain project management methodology (Agile, etc.), it probably is not the best solution, but can still be utilized in a way that fits any method.
I've never had to use the support for ClickUp. I am just a user/manager of the product and not the account holder. I suspect that my supervisor (who is the account holder) has had much more experience with the support for the product. I haven't heard anything negative, so I suspect that the support is satisfactory.
Gareth Beer | TrustRadius Reviewer
ClickUp is used by the Digital team at the University to PM our Digital deliveries. Using both Kanban and Scrum methodologies ClickUp has proved an important resource which goes beyond basic (free) platforms.

As a team we quickly outgrew the M365 planner software so we opted to procure ClickUp for our PM needs
  • Alerts and notifications
  • Native apps
  • Time management
  • Kanban view
  • Easy assignment to sprints
  • M365 Teams integration
  • Content of email alerts
ClickUp Is an excellent too for delivery focused teams who are experienced in PM methodologies. We have been working in Scrum and ClickUp Has really complimented this way of working.

On the flip side, ClickUp Can be quite complicated so there maybe better solutions for less advanced PM / users. Equally unlocking some of the key pieces of functionality requires the ‘paid for’ options
Alex Chaidaroglou | TrustRadius Reviewer
ClickUp is helping us with our day-to-day tasks and project management. It has a lot of features which we haven't had the time yet to fully explore. But, we have seen it also offers Gantt chart functionality and more.<br><br>It's being used across the organization and it helps us coordinate.
  • Clean, intuitive UI
  • Quick onboarding videos with initiatives
  • Clever features, functionality and implementation
  • It has an initial learning curve
  • Some functionality such as spaces should be called with a more intuitive name
  • At first a new user can feel overwhelmed
I think ClickUp is very well suited for small and probably medium teams as well. It has every feature and functionality you could ask for and then some.

Its pricing can increase quite dramatically though. For example some features are only available in higher pricing models, but if you use it in a 50 person team, the cost per month can quickly go to mid 3 figures per month. I think they should offer some features as add-ons to lower pricing tiers.

We use it for effective performance in managing simplified tasks, not recurrent if not of utmost urgency when activities accumulate due to the high concentration of work in the organization. ClickUp has responded when we need it; the tools and functions can greatly simplify workflow, team management, task assignment, and more.
  • It is effortless to use and allows us to organize all tasks.
  • I like its interface; it is intuitive and gives a fascinating visualization to clarify searches for missed tasks.
  • The support is excellent, excellent for complicated answers.
  • The work structure is much better since I am using it.
  • The price is what I don't like about this software.
Highly recommended, ClickUp has been a great ally because when tasks accumulate, the software solves the problem. It is essential and very intuitive for me. It is a very versatile tool that can be very useful for any company; it has given us support and could be helpful for you.
I use [ClickUp] to manage project timelines, progress, invoices, and challenges.
  • Categorizes different topics
  • Easy-to-use GUI interface
  • Nice app
  • Keyboard shortcuts
  • Miss having the keyboard shortcuts for custom fields
  • App could be a little more like the site
[ClickUp] is perfect for almost anything where you are tracking information, especially when you need to be able to categorize things quickly and easily.
Clickup is used across my organization for project management. It is a little tricky for newbies, you might feel difficult to navigate through the application. The reason is it provides lots of features and you might feel difficult to find the things you wanted. Anyhow it's the best in the market, easy to manage a project, assign tasks to project members, make deadlines. What I like most about ClickUp is their calendar view, It really helped in managing deadlines of all the projects that were assigned to me
  • Project management
  • schedule things easily
  • Integrate to other platforms
  • chat option to text team members
It's a very good application when we want to manage a project, track deadlines, create Gantt chart. The calendar view helps us to organize and schedule our activities. You can add multiple workspaces also. But it's not suitable if you wanted to communicate with your team members or share files.
"One app to replace them all" is their vision and it works pretty great! It's used by delivery teams to better organize the flow of work and communicate with each other. Companies can use it to improve collaboration across departments without having to invest much in change management and training.
  • Plenty of pre-customized projects templates for small businesses.
  • Strong enough capability for everyday workflow automation.
  • Advanced customizing opportunities, especially when compared to the competition.
  • Not-so-great mobile interface and opportunities.
  • Some learning curve if you intend to really replace most of your company apps.
  • Not advanced security settings outside of the most expensive plan.
ClickUp is best when used with flexibility and user-friendliness in mind. It's not a tool that takes ages to be implemented at a company and you can easy start small before scaling it to bigger teams. If you're not interested in customizing the solution though, you may get less value for your money.
We use ClickUp for our daily project management and it is a key reporting tool across our whole company. It helps us plan work for clients and internal initiatives. We are also using it to gain insight into team capacity through the host of time estimating, tracking, and scheduling functions.
  • One-stop-shop w/ lots of features.
  • Really powerful, fully developed tools.
  • Consistent user experience across devices.
  • Multiple view types and custom dashboards.
  • Can have slow loading times.
  • Some might find it too flexible.
  • While documentation is good, features can be easily missed.
If you are part of a process-oriented team that knows how to build, evaluate, and maintain processes, this tool absolutely makes sense. There are many ways to use it, so if you tend to get stressed by not having a firm plan on how to do something, it might not be right for you.
We use ClickUp as the main task manager on our tasks. It is being used by the whole organization to organize and manage day-to-day work as well as project-related tasks. As an agile company, it [helps] us a lot on [the] sprint planning process, estimate times, and finally execute and manage in-progress work. As well, we may get several reports of the overall performance of the team as well as the performance of each team member.
  • Provide several task views depending on your needs
  • Keep track of time budget and usage
  • Migrating tasks from other platforms such as Jira is very easy
  • Their feedback system is great and they are very open to suggestions
  • Their support answers back quick and it is very helpful
  • Custom fields automatization should be easier to use and should have more options
  • The UI may be slow sometimes or not load the whole information
  • Their docs system is not stable. We have lost some information using it
I have used Jira and Trello before as project management tools. However, they are limited in several aspects.

Instead, ClickUp provides tons of customizations option that will always fit your needs. It does not matter if you have several projects or just one, the ClickUp system will match your requirements.

As well, using it with colleagues is easy, its notifications system will make sure that everybody is always aware of the status of the work.
We use ClickUp as our project management dashboard for our services clients. It's been a very useful tool and the user interface has been easier to use than with other similar PM tools.
  • Project Management planning
  • Client templates
  • Public sharing to non-users
  • Hard to think of any right now
ClickUp is up and coming and is going to be one of the hottest PM tools on the market. I've used several others and ClickUp has been the easiest to implement and to include other people on. I love using ClickUp in every scenario.
We use ClickUp to manage our team projects + support ticket (via the integration it has with many others tools) + manage our SOP.
ClickUp is great because you can setup a lot of type of data structures, so you don't need a thousand tools to manage a lot of different projects.
You can create kanban view (useful for agile teams for example), list views, documents view (useful for SOP management), embed google docs, etc... etc...
  • Manage complex projects
  • Integrations
  • All-in-one place to manage everything you want
  • Personal Task Management
  • Inbox System
  • Mobile App
  • Simplification (or not overcomplexification caused by to much features)
I would recommend ClickUp to anyone who needs an all-in-one, very versatile tool to manage projects and actions for a team.
You can use it to manage agile dev teams, to support teams to marketing teams.
One thing I think ClickUp isn't the best is simplifying productivity (because it has so many features it could be overwhelming).
February 25, 2020

ClickUp Saved My Life

Jordan Matthews | TrustRadius Reviewer
ClickUp is hugely valued by our company. We use it to organize all of the clients and to assign tasks for these clients. It is super easy to add people to a task if you need help with a project or assignment. We specifically help clients with their Amazon accounts and that can consist of many things. We work on their advertising, SEO managment, storefront, Enhanced Brand Content, etc. This can be super confusing, and keeping everything organized can be difficult. Lucky for us, we have ClickUp to make sure nothing falls through the cracks. Every time a client asks me to do something, I will create a task on ClickUp, set a due date, and maybe add someone else to the task if I need some help. If it is a task that you have to complete multiple times a week, you can put a recurring task assignment on it. That makes it so when you click "complete", it will simply create a new task for the next recurring time. ClickUp is essential to our business.
  • Keeping tasks organized
  • It is extremely user friendly and offers a lot of help if you are lost.
  • It maybe could be more simple. Creating a task has so many features you can include that it sometimes may be tough.
  • In emails, you are able to attach tasks, but it puts it in an extremely weird format and it is tough to read. I wish there was a way to only put the important information instead of having to put the entire thread in the task.
I think ClickUp is extremely well suited for smaller companies that are dealing with a lot of clients or a lot of different situations. If every situation is unique, it is super difficult to keep things organized and make sure everything is getting done. It may also be good for certain teams within an organization.
I haven't really used support for ClickUp. I never have had to honestly; ClickUp is super great. But at the same time, they have self-help options available if you're confused about any aspect of ClickUP. Therefore, I would rate the support for ClickUp a ten out of ten.
We use ClickUp for all of our project management and let me tell you it is incredible! The free version we used for a long time is the best project management software I have seen. It keeps everything organized and easy to access. You can move different tasks due dates and share files within tasks easily. We recently upgraded. I would highly recommend it!
  • Organizes projects super well and is easy to use.
  • It doesn’t allow things to slip through the cracks. You can assign tasks to team members or yourself as a reminder to complete then has a messaging feature in each task.
  • Creating new projects can be a little confusing at first.
  • Sometimes you can get confused with the different layouts you choose and whether you want to view just your tasks or your entire team's tasks.
ClickUp is awesome! I don’t know how I worked without it before. If you have a small team, ClickUp is the best way to collaborate on large and small projects. The free version is excellent and offers everything you need. If you are a larger company, you may go to upgrade for additional features, but regardless you will be satisfied because it’s a life-saving software for my team.
I haven’t ever had to use support for ClickUp. It updates periodically and seems to work great every time I log in.
Alan Bloxham | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire company uses ClickUp for all of our task management. We use it to communicate across tasks and attach useful documents or files. It helps us to maintain structure in our organization and not to lose track of any of our clients' needs. We've given access to our clients so that they can watch the progress on their projects.
  • Easy Assignments - Being able to tag or assign comments within tasks helps to keep them organized.
  • Email Attachments - Using a special email within a task, you can CC emails directly to the comments.
  • The Email attachment feature needs to be tweaked in just attaching the most recent message and not the entire email chain history.
ClickUp has helped me stay organized. Without it, there is no way I would be able to manage many tasks and projects without having any slip through the cracks. This software could even be useful to a student who has a lot of classes and projects. Overall, I think this is very versatile.
We haven't had many issues with the software. However, on a few occasions, we were able to get them resolved quickly.
John Watson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company is small biotech and we are using ClickUp across the entire organization to map out and monitor the progress of our development program. It allows us to coordinate diverse activities from manufacturing to testing to clinical studies, plan their timings and allocate responsibilities to staff members. It allows us to set priorities and focus resources to achieve the key objectives as quickly as possible.
  • Visually the Gantt charts are easy to read and very flexible in design.
  • The email notification system works well.
  • The dependencies between tasks is difficult to see/use.
  • Inputting start/finish dates is tricky.
ClickUp is a good collaboration tool where you need to bring multiple diverse functions together into one coordinated development plan. We are a very decentralized company with people scattered all over Europe and the US and this really helps us plan activities and realize the dependencies between then. It does need a central coordinator/project manager who monitors and controls changes. I think this works well for SMEs but is probably not for larger companies with dozens of employees trying to access it. It is much less complicated and intuitive to use than MS Project.
It is a collaborative tool that actually does bring diverse people across the company together to achieve a coordinated development plan. If by "support" you mean getting buy-in from the company as a whole to use the software and collaborate, it achieves that well. In terms of support from ClickUp themselves, I believe this has been satisfactory.
July 09, 2020

Newbie at ClickUp

I use ClickUp as our project management system to have my activities in order, my teams', and get clients in on projects in progress.
  • The free version is quite capable and it offers most features that anyone would need from it.
  • It has innovative improvements on a weekly basis.
  • It's best for managing projects in a growing business.
  • It's slightly complicated; you could provide tutorials.
  • Makes it hard for clients to use it who are unaware of it
ClickUp is best suited for people who have used project management software before and need an upgrade to balance several projects and several teams at the same time. Especially for designers with side businesses and teams for each arm.
I haven't really had to use the customer support but they do have some useful articles on task views and other functionalities.
We were looking for a simple solution that could be configurable for the project and operational needs.
It's supposed to have simple UX, custom fields, and support the integration to our time-tracking system.
Also, an important factor was the price. The great advantage of ClickUp is their free feature-rich version that allowed us to gain a full understanding and get stuck there for a while.
  • Project management
  • Great UX/UI
  • Feature-rich product.
  • Responsive support.
  • Really hard to say. Our team made a few feature requests and all of them are live now.
If you need something lighter and understandable then Jira, but more advanced then Trello, ClickUp is the right choice!
Well, we've been using a product for a year, but they still keep surprising us by making our life easier with new features. Just keep it up!
ClickUp is used as a project management software in our team. It is used to improve workflow, task and project management, and team collaboration.
  • Project Management
  • Task Management
  • Document Management
  • Reporting
  • It can be overwhelming to use at first as there are so many features.
  • All other issues I have had with ClickUp in the past have been fixed in updates.
ClickUp is a great choice with an extensive list of features. It is suitable for small to large teams. However, I would say if you are a team of one or two, then it may have too many features that you won't need. A huge reason to use ClickUp is that it is always improving and innovating. At least every few weeks there is an update to ClickUp with fixes to any bugs and new features. I have not used software to date that has been as good with its updates. Each month there are features added that I didn't know I needed but now can't live without.
ClickUp provides all the support you need over email. The customer service is excellent. I didn't interact with the support team too much as there was rarely an issue that I needed help with. However, when I did need help they were excellent.