Google Authenticator is a mobile authentication app.The 1st Choice in 2 Step AuthenticationIn a world where people have to maintain logins and passwords for numerous online tools, Google Authenticator fills a very important void. Google Authenticator enables us to quickly generate a code to verify we are the owners of our accounts. Ultimately, the tool serves a critical function in our two-step verification process which provides us with peace of mind and security.,Simple and easy to use interface. Effortless and reliable mobile app. It always works.,It would be great if it synced directly with LastPass for authentication purposes. Support for more platforms. It would be great to use it on more than one device.,9,Peace of mind knowing we have an additional layer of security. It provides an easy to use way of logging in to web services, without the need of email or physical tokens.,LastPass and Duo Security,Duo SecurityGoogle Authenticator works great for me.I use Google Authenticator to securely log into my accounts using two-factor authentication. My company consists of just myself. I love Google Authenticator because it is incredibly easy to set up and use. I have 5 different G Suite accounts and numerous social media accounts; I use two-factor authentication on all of them. Having Google Authenticator on my phone makes it incredibly easy to log in wherever I am. After using Google Authenticator for more than five years, I have not had one of my accounts hacked. I always have my phone with me, so there is not an extra device or fob to carry. I recommend wholeheartedly it to anyone who uses two-factor authentication.,Ease of use. Simply open the app and codes are there for all my two-factor protected accounts. Having Google Authenticator as an app on my phone makes it really accessible. Easy set-up. I had the app up and running within 5 minutes.,I have not come across any areas that need improvement for my use case.,10,When I present at conferences, it is a bit cumbersome to have to use it. This is more a factor of 2-factor auth than anything else.,,Camtasia, Snagit, G Suite
Google Authenticator

Google Authenticator Reviews

Google Authenticator
Filter 3 vetted Google Authenticator reviews and ratings
Dustin Hovey profile photo
November 18, 2018

Google Authenticator Review: "The 1st Choice in 2 Step Authentication"

• Simple and easy to use interface.
  • Effortless and reliable mobile app.
  • It always works.
  • It would be great if it synced directly with LastPass for authentication purposes.
  • Support for more platforms.
  • It would be great to use it on more than one device.
It serves as a valuable tool for business; employees can quickly complete 2 step authentication via the mobile app. It provides us with peace of mind that my (and my clients') information is secure.
Read Dustin Hovey's full review
Karen Chichester profile photo
October 25, 2018

Review: "Google Authenticator works great for me."

• Ease of use. Simply open the app and codes are there for all my two-factor protected accounts.
  • Having Google Authenticator as an app on my phone makes it really accessible.
  • Easy set-up. I had the app up and running within 5 minutes.
  • I have not come across any areas that need improvement for my use case.
When I log in to my personal account at school, I can log in securely and quickly. It also works when I log in to Facebook or another Google account. The only time I have had problems was when I misplaced my phone. I spent the day out of contact. However, this would be a problem for any device that I have to carry even if it is on my keychain or a lanyard.
Read Karen Chichester's full review

Google Authenticator Scorecard Summary

About Google Authenticator

Google Authenticator is a mobile authentication app.