Overall Satisfaction with Oracle SQL Developer
My organization is using Oracle SQL Developer as the main interface utility for a large patient related database. Oracle SQL Developer functions as a report writing tool, maintenance, upgrade validation, and testing utility.
- Easy interface with large selection of useful utilities.
- Import and export of pre-configured SQL connections for easy duplication.
- Snippets, history, and other utilities add quick custom functionality.
- Some database design tools found in other SQL tools are not yet available.
- Customizing utility windows does not save after restarting application.
- Easier setup and access for end users to main production database.
- Useful functionality takes of of most users database access requirements.
- Reduced cost and configuration time standardizing users on one tool.
In addition to Oracle SQL Developer I have used Microsoft SQL Server management studio, Toad for Oracle, SAS, and other third party SQL tools. I have found Oracle SQL Developer to be one of the best all around tools for accessing Oracle databases, as well as interfacing with some of our older databases using a Microsoft SQL plug-in.
Do you think Oracle SQL Developer delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Oracle SQL Developer's feature set?
Did Oracle SQL Developer live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Oracle SQL Developer go as expected?
Would you buy Oracle SQL Developer again?
The Oracle SQL Developer utility is excellent for common scenarios requiring access to Oracle for report writing, maintenance, and validation tasks. For advanced scheduling of procedures or other event related processes, various other tools provide additional functionality.