Overall Satisfaction with OrgMapper
Our organisation - an OD consultancy company - uses OrgMapper as a tool in client engagements. We use it to collect, analyse and map information regarding the internal cooperation and communication structure of our clients. It is used to address problems related to internal communication, effectiveness of knowledge management and problems related to change management.
- OrgMapper offers a good administration surface. It is easy to create custom data-collection schemas and to implement them in their own data-gathering environment. As a consultant I really appreciate this, as I get to focus on the professional side of my assignments, and I do not get stuck in programming / operational issues.
- Data visualization: OrgMapper offers a highly flexible data visualization tool, with which I can create the network images that represent my data in the most insightful way. Elements can be moved and formatted individually, and the tool itself offers some pre-generated ideas as well, that serve a good starting point for my own formatting. An eye-catching, insightful visualization is what my clients look out for, and OrgMapper really excels in this.
- Although not a software attribute per se, but it must be mentioned that the OrgMapper team offers a range of professional support services - from training to support in data interpretation or full project implementation support. The service is thus can become more than just software use.
- The automated reports are OK, but I could use a bit more statistics regarding the characteristics of networks. Although the outputs are quite self-explanatory, some additional numbers could give an extra layer of insights.
- Language support: I'd be happy to see a range of additional languages added to the basic reports / outputs. Although English is widely accepted, some additional languages could boost the localised application of OrgMapper.
- As a data collection and visualization tool OrgMapper speeds up our diagnostic processes: basic maps, and reports are created immediately, and client feedbacks are possible almost just after the completion of the data collection. And this is a big word in the case of team and organizational level applications.
- OrgMapper is perceived as a great value adding service that complements our own offerings. Clients appreciate this added value, and in certain cases do ask for the application of this tool. Through these inquiries OrgMapper directly influences our results.
OrgMapper is especially useful in mapping the soft-relationships within teams and organizations: communication, cooperation, knowledge sharing, and information flows.