Reviews (1-23 of 23)
What do you like best?
It’s a complete ticketing solution with user-friendly accessibility. In addition, you do not need to be a professional technical person in order to configure LiveAgent and create the macros, which is helpful. Moreover, the report which is generated from LiveAgent is very detailed and help us to track down employees' progress and productivity.
What do you dislike?
There is nothing we don't like about LA, however, there is always a room for improvement.
What we are expecting from LA:
1. When a response is given to one of the tickets via a tag (e.g. #verified), the status should be automatically updated in the Magento through LiveAgent as well. Order status modification must be linked together in order to ensure more productivity in less time.
2. WhatsApp integration and its API would be an advantage.
3. SMS Integration should also be covered in an LA feature.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
LiveAgent provides the real-time statistics, access to customers as they browse, and the ability to log in from any web browser to ensure 24/7 availability.
- It's a complete OMNI channel. You can configure all communication medium for your customer with LiveAgent i.e. Ticketing, Social Media, Phone, and Chat.
- Low on pricing.
- You can easily setup LiveAgent for your organization. You don't need to be a technical expert to implement this.
- The user-friendly application.
- LA doesn't provide you SMS integration.
- You cannot divert your phone call from your local carrier to LA agent directly. You need to get a third party number which is way much costly. Also, if you get a third party number to divert your calls from a local carrier to LA, then the callers have to wait more than the usual time in order to get them connected with the Customer Support Team.
- WhatsApp Integration also unavailable.
When it comes to interacting with your customers and responding to their queries which you get from different channels, i.e. Chat, Social Media, Phone Calls, Emails, etc, then you don't need to log in using different channels but rather just use a single platform which is LA. It's a complete one window solution for Customer Support. You can respond to your customer queries regardless of the communication medium. This can help you to improve your customer support department and their SLA's.
- The chat widget is completely customizable. It looks beautiful.
- This is an all in one chat/ticketing system, and it does that extremely well, it's all streamlined.
- It allows for complete white labeling and customization of the knowledge base, chat, and emails that get sent to customers/clients.
- The backend UI is pretty outdated. Even with their newer theme, it's still very much 2008-feeling
- To add to that, there are many customer-facing chat widgets and forms that look so outdated. They really need to beef this up. While it's true that the chat widget can look beautiful, it takes a lot of work to get it that way.
- It's got a fair bit of a learning curve if you're not as tech-savvy. And for those of us who are, it's still got a learning curve.
- Through the API, we can pull in account information such as billing, membership status, account notes and so much more.
- Receiving and making calls is a newer future of LiveAgent. We have transitioned to making calls through LiveAgent and it is incredible to view phone calls and emails in one thread (not to mention, text messages and admin notes).
- The chat service works well and it generates a lot of great feedback from our customers at the end of the chat session. 90%+ of those chatting with us will leave a comment about their experience and that lets management know how customer support is doing.
- The support / feedback features allow users to submit enhancement requests and vote up which are most important to them. It also allows us to have a dialogue with the user as we review and implement the feature. The conversation can be made publicly available for others when searching our knowledge base (also integrated through LiveAgent).
- Occasionally when "resolving" a ticket, the page will not load the full list of remaining tickets. However, the moment you scroll, the tickets appear so it's not too big of a deal, but I'd like to see that cleaned up. It does not always happen.
- When dialing a phone number, the format needs to be specific, i.e. +15125555555. We often receive phone numbers in the more traditional format, i.e. (512) 555-5555. The outgoing call will not work when pasted this way. I think it will get fixed. These little things seem to get sorted out after enough people complain about it.
- The mobile version has a few bugs, but when on the run, it at least allows you to read and respond to email. Examples of bugs include not being able to transfer the ticket to another department (on iOS the drop down menu functions like a text field for some reason so clicking into it selects the text as if you are going to copy and paste it). Also, the ability to add an admin note would be nice on the mobile version.
If you are a small business and have no technical knowledge, you might find it difficult to setup custom plugins. However, their support is pretty good so they would likely be able to walk you through issues.
- Online Chat: It provides an effective tool to quickly respond to any inquiry that your customer might have upon visiting your website and therefore, makes it easier to convert their visits into sales.
- Social Media integration: Not just online chat on website, LiveAgent is able to integrate with most of the popular social media sites (Facebook/Twitter) making replying to customers easier than ever.
- Email Integration: You can reply to your customers and all of the earlier conversations with the customers through email are connected to avoid a hard time looking for what you have discussed with your customers through email.
- While answering Facebook messages is super easy, answering to Facebook comments is harder and more time-consuming since LiveAgent does not allow you to see the content of the Facebook post that the customers are commenting on.
- Email Signature: you might lose your company signature when replying to a customer email through LiveAgent. This is important if you want to keep your brand image strong when communicating with customers.
- Social Media Content: It would be nice if you were allowed to post content on social media sites through LiveAgent so you do not have to switch between platforms. Therefore, staff performance can be improved.
- Gamification. Each agent levels up and receives funny badges and achievements. This makes the work fun.
- Detailed Search feature. You can search anything on LiveAgent using custom search rules and filters. This is very important when you are trying to find something among thousands of tickets.
- Detailed statistics. You can view almost anything about customers (chat load, conversation initiation pages, tag reports) and agents (working time, average answer count etc.)
- I'd like to see HTML support in chats as well. Sometimes I write very long and detailed messages in chat so it would be nice if chat window (on customer side) could be expandable.
- Sometimes it's hard to notice when the same ticket is already opened by an agent. The visual cue could be more striking to avoid duplicate reading.
- More Levels to reach :) Many of the team are already "Kings"
LiveAgent may be less appropriate if you need a simple contact form and your customers contact you only occasionally.
- It allows you to customize it a lot for your own needs. So each agent can create his own workspace for the best productivity!
- Automation features, for example, creating rules for tickets is amazing and lets you achieve almost anything. For example, you can set up a rule which sends particular information to your own script on the web, gather more info and return it or do some action with it in your own systems.
- More API calls are welcome
- Support quality of LiveAgent themselves could improve
- Canned responses and predefines. These two features are the top features that I use.
- "To Solve" feature which provides me a possibility to open a new ticket with a click of one button.
- Filters which collaborate with the "To Solve" feature.
- Occasional bugs when typing which force me to stop my work for a few moments.
- Sometimes it's difficult to find the needed specific information about my user's statistics.
- When the need of efficiency is important in your work.
- When you need to work smarter, not harder.
- When you need filter feature to organize the importance of certain departments.
- If you need the predefined/canned response feature.
If you don't like a very customizable environment and want a software which provides basic usage.
- It allows an agent to customize his profile. You can set the sound you wish to your profile; you can set your profile picture and so on.
- Using LiveAgent you can monitor all the jobs which were done every day, every week, month or year. You can monitor not only your own work but compare it to others or analyze the whole team.
- Liveagent allows you to set a priority to the tickets and you can use one button to open them ticket by ticket. In this way the system itself will open a ticket for you which needs to be answered at the present moment.
- It helps customers to feel important as they can rate every answer of the agent, write their review about how they got assisted. It pushes the agents to do their job well.
- I would recommend making the search tool a little more useful as sometimes it's hard to find what are you searching for. You need to modify the query for the system to understand it.
- I expect to have an ability to remotely access the computer of the client in the future if he agrees with it. I'm sure it's possible to be done if a client downloads a 'software agent' which allows accessing his computer remotely.
- I think that it's possible to implement a system which can try adding a tag to the ticket automatically depending on the keywords used in the ticket/chat and agent should only change it if a tag is added incorrectly.
Using Live Agent helps each team manage time more efficiently on a daily basis, as social media, tickets as well as chats can be managed on one platform.
We have been actively using it for over a year now and we can surely say that this is [the] perfect help desk for customer service. It provides many features that other help desk software doesn't!
- Extensive Functionality - LiveAgent has basically EVERY single function whatever might be needed for the customer care department in order to deliver high-quality support services. Its extensive functionality helps us manage daily support inquiries without any complications.
- Social Media Integration - One of the most beneficial functions of LiveAgent is the social media integration. Before implementing this system, I personally had to go through our Facebook page (150K+ followers) and answer all technical related inquiries or questions. You can imagine the massive amount of each post/comment. With LiveAgents' smooth Facebook integration, each of the posts or comments are fetched as a ticket in the system, thus, it saves me tons of time to answer them in one place.
- Live Chat - Another useful feature which comes with the package is Live Chat, which was really easy to implement on our websites. Moreover, it is easy to use and monitor with the notifications for the agents, including all the statistics related to it.
- A clean and user-friendly interface is another benefit of this system. It is designed in a neat way [so as] not to miss any ticket.
- Extensive Reporting System - One of the best functions of LiveAgent is its ability to provide detailed reports basically about anything - agents, live chat, the performance of departments, etc. You can even see how much time a user spent viewing the ticket. This is utterly useful for improving the customer service level.
- Very responsive and supportive support team of LiveAgent. They are basically available through email as well as, what's more handy, through live chat. Professional and helpful guys.
- One of those few concerns I have about the system is its lazy scrolling through the tickets. In case you have more than 50 tickets, once you scroll down to go to the bottom of the tickets, it seems that the system is fetching those tickets from the database, thus, taking around a second or two (sometimes) to update the ticket list. The same thing will happen if you scroll up from the bottom at the same time. This would be good to get fixed and make it all listed as a normal list, thus, it would not take some time while scrolling through tickets.
- The price of the license to get the LiveAgent installed on our servers is really high. If it was a bit lower, I could suggest my company buy it, however, I assume it is unreasonably high and might be good to decrease the price.
- Departments allows you to create and group your incoming requests.
- SLAs let you effectively handle time handling processes.
- Automation allows you to be fast and efficient.
- More features for the mobile app.
- More themes/customization.
- Ticket merging feature.
- Great for Live chat, good mobile app support also for this.
- Excellent for managing different groups of users like support or sales
- Reliable email fetching, absolutely no issues so far - no lost tickets
- Would be good to see the ability to have multiple inboxes instead of unified with filters as a choice/option
- Excellent cost/benefits for a small business: Compared to other platforms LiveAgent has numerous great features with a better price.
- Easy interface for team agents' use.
- They have integration with Facebook, every message sent to my company's Fan Page becomes a ticket on the platform so my team can answer quickly in the same platform they use every day.
- Self-Service setup made the process to evaluate and start using the platform fast.
- Could have integration with more social networks than just Facebook and Twitter
- Customer Service is second to none. The team behind LiveAgent is in my top 3.
- Pricing structure - reasonably priced with no hidden glitches.
- Easy deployment and easy-to-match organizational structure.
- HTML/CSS customizable chat and contact widgets.
- The fact that the live chat is built in. And not just live chat but the pro active invitations, visitor tracking (how much time the visitor spent on the website + what website is he browsing).
- Spanish translation has grammar and spelling errors.
- Some of the functionality is "too hidden". It would be better to have it better organized.
- Occassional bugs - these are usually resolved quickly so it's not such a big problem.
- Many features
- Great live chat with multiple options
- Ticketing with automatic rules
- Chat invitations
- Would love more integrations with other apps
- User interface - having more themes to choose from would be nice
- Easy integration with website and email
- Fetching emails quickly
- Well organized ticktet flow
- All help desk features in one app
- LiveAgent's support is willing to help anytime
- Missing a few integrations with other apps
- No Salesforce integration/weak CRM integrations
- New design templates would be nice
LiveAgent Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
LiveAgent is an online live chat and help desk software that’s especially popular with e-commerce businesses at the small and midsize level. In addition to their core live chat application, the vendor also offers ticket management, online self-service portals and change and license management, all as either in-suite or standalone applications.
Additionally, and in cooperation with a variety of third-party software companies, LiveAgent offers a selection of broader customer relationship management (CRM) applications, such as marketing and sales force automation. It is a customizable solution that can scale as small companies grow their customer base and online services.
LiveAgent is offered as both Web-based (cloud) software and on-premise installations. The cloud option is priced on a per-user per-month basis by number of agents, and the on-premise options use the up-front pricing model, based solely on number of agents. A 14-day free trial is available.
According to the vendor, LiveAgent has a simple, yet powerful interface. Users can answer mails, chats, phone calls, Facebook posts and private messages and monitor Tweets mentioning a company's brand or important keywords from one place.
All features are fully customizable, so no HTML coding is required.
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Downloadable licence||11,950||20 agents|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
LiveAgent Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||65%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||10%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||5%|
LiveAgent Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
LiveAgent Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||online app|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Modern Greek (1453-), Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese|