Overall Satisfaction with Pardot Marketing Automation
We use Pardot in the marketing department in various ways. We create email campaigns that are sent to segmented lists to drive business from prospects and repeat purchases from customers. We create landing pages to identify lead sources from our various Campaigns (publications, paid search, etc.). We use Pardot forms to track lead sources from various pages on our website. Pardot is also used by the Sales to team to look at lead score and activity. The business problem that is solved is the need to determine the quality of a lead.
- Pardot does a great job of working with other APIs in order to connect Pardot with tools from other vendors that a company may already be using. For example, we link via connectors with NetSuite (ERP), Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook and Twitter.
- Pardot's support team is great. I usually use the ticketing system but have also had painless troubleshooting using the chat support and phone support.
- Pardot's parent company is Salesforce and recently I discovered that they are making the integration between the two softwares more seamless. There will be a lot of great improvements including fewer API calls, instant contact syncing, to name a few. However, for companies not on Salesforce, this leaves something to be desired.
- The Email Reports overview screen does not show the open rate percentage. This does not allow to compare multiple email campaign performances at a glance.
- Pardot has had a positive impact on turning leads into customers. Sales team members now have more information at hand on the behavior and history of the person on the phone which allows them to give a more customized demonstration of our products.
- Pardot has had a positive impact on the efficiency rate of creating assets for marketing. Using custom written templates, we can create emails and landing pages that vary in design and target various segments.
We used HubSpot before and it performed well. However, as we were planning to adopt NetSuite as our ERP, we needed a marketing solution that integrated well with it. That's where HubSpot fell short. Pardot had a built in integration with NetSuite via a Pardot connector. Also, Pardot had NetSuite support staff to help with our integration which was great!
Pardot is easy to use, efficient and powerful. However, we are most excited about it's affiliation with Salesforce, as Salesforce is a company known for innovation, technology and expansion. This means that Pardot will have a whole new level of support to push its product to the next level. As a company, we want to use a tool that is bleeding edge yet relevant and we feel that this is the case.
What ERP are you using? NetSuite? Salesforce? If yes to either, then Pardot is the best solution for your marketing team. If not, it may be challenging to integrate. Also, Pardot lends itself well to a company who has a relatively large marketing budget. Pardot is not cheap, so this is a serious tool for serious companies.