Great Platform, Easy to Use
May 08, 2015
Great Platform, Easy to Use
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Pardot Marketing Automation
Our organization uses Pardot for the B2B portion of our business. Pardot allows us to not only mass email our current distributors, but helps us to maintain a robust marketing program that we are able to tailor specific marketing content to the exact needs and wants of our current distributors and potential new customers.
- Drip Campaigns- The ability to not only send drip emails, but also a/b test your content is great. We have continued to see success from using drip campaigns for our generated leads from trade shows.
- Landing Pages- We use Pardot landing pages daily! Pardot has created a simple tool that really helps you build out a simple or even complex page without having to have previous HTML experience. Its a great tool for us to use internally and has saved us a lot of outsourcing marketing dollars.
- Organization- We use Pardot's folders function to organize our marketing efforts. Since we use this program through multiple departments and for multiple campaigns, having the ability to properly organize and segment our content/marketing has really been great. Pardot does this well.
- More functionality and options for landing pages. Maybe having the option for pop-up forms.
- Making the knowledge base easier to use. Cleaner search functions. I've had to wait a few hours for a response from support for something that I could have found myself but did not see in my search query.
- More training options or refresher webinars. I do not see the webinar options unless I do a search for them. Maybe offering them on an easy to see area on the dashboard.
- Increased Employee Efficiency: With Pardot we have been able to create simple LP's that our sales team can send out to their customers with white papers, product spec sheets and specific information pertaining to their interests. Much simpler for both the customer and the sales team.
- Faster Lead Conversion: With the use of Pardot Drip Campaigns, we have been able to closely target what the customer is exactly interested in, all the way down to the exact product. It gives our sales team an edge when going in for an initial contact.
- Better Customer Service: With Pardot's extensive website tracking options, we are able to see what product customers are searching our support pages for assistance, looking at additional products and give that info to our customer service and sales team so we are doing the best we can to serve our customers.
Marketo was a very robust platform. It carried a lot of functionality that was not really needed for our team. When going through the platform I felt very overwhelmed with the many features they offered. For many companies that are looking to bring on an automation program on internally, there may be too much of a learning curve to train an existing employee. Also, price was a big issue. Marketo was a premium priced platform, that we wouldn't have really used to its potential.
How robust your marketing program is, or growth wise how large you would like it to be eventually. Also, this would be best suitable for a company that has a good grasp on maintaining good data and all uses their CRM religiously. We have had some pitfalls, not because of Pardot, but because of bad data entry practices.