March 14, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Perfecto Mobile
Yes. it is used by multiple departments. It helps in automation and easier maintenance by having devices in the cloud. One big advantage is with the variety of devices we get. Automation team write scripts and use it on a daily basis. It simulates a real-device scenario. It supports iOS and Android.
- It is used for Automation
- It is also used for manual testing
- It helps with device switching by teams that are co-located.
- It has a lot of room for improvements in terms of reporting and integration with other reporting and defect tools.
- It should have the capability of capturing charts data.
- It should be able to do some scenarios that only manual testers can do. Like - use of camera and touch ID features.
- Helped automation and hence reduced costs.
- Not cheap so returns take longer time.
- Need extended support and improved usage. any onsite experience with the team here will help you get 1st hand experience.
- See test, TOSCA and HP UFT
Perfecto mobile is slightly better because it has the cloud setup perfectly. This was the main reason we selected it over others. We can trigger the same set of scripts on multiple OS versions and devices. There are some limitations there that can be improved that will really help. but overall it is a good tool.
It is extremely well suited for maintaining devices in the cloud and managing/maintaining devices. Some places it is NOT well suited is to capture market data and charts which are a MUST for the financial industry. Adding this feature will make it an industry leader for automation as well as manual testing.