Overall Satisfaction with Prezi
Prezi was used by some instructors at our college. I also recommended it as an option for my students to use as they gave presentations. I used it to present at conferences. It was a more dynamic way of presenting content (versus PowerPoint) and helped to keep the audiences engaged.
- Prezi can provides a literal "big picture" view of the presentation content. This helps the audience understand what the presentation is ultimately all about.
- Prezi is anything but bland. It animates the content and makes it feel like you are "in" the material.
- Prezi presentations can incorporate video, images, text and more. There are many options to present content to an audience.
- Audience members may desire a more standard slideshow that PowerPoint can provide. Prezi might not be the answer here.
- The animation from content to content may make audience members uncomfortable, especially if the presenter moves the presentation along too quickly.
- There is a little learning curve when it comes to adding content as you create a Prezi presentation, but this is fairly easily overcome.
- I felt that the audience was more engaged when I used Prezi presentations.
- I felt like the Prezi presentations gave me, the presenter, more credibility with younger and/or more technically savvy audiences.
- Prezi is inherently more aesthetically pleasing. By virtue of its use, it shows that you and your organization are not locked into outdated modes of presenting material (e.g. PowerPoint).
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Prezi has a more animated, dynamic, modern and engaging feel when compared to PowerPoint. PowerPoint can be animated and engaging, but these things are not naturally inherent like they are in Prezi. In Prezi, you can provide an overall view of the upcoming content, zoom in and zoom out on the content at will, and flow the audience's view from one content piece to another. It is not limited by the standard slide show model.
I think Prezi is best used where the audience appreciates creativity and dynamic presentations. Not all audiences desire this. When I worked with Federal employees, I never felt that this was the proper platform to present information. It is also best for "bite size" information sharing. Large quantities of information are not appropriate for a Prezi presentation.