Prophix - Great Company, Product, and Experience
November 25, 2015
Prophix - Great Company, Product, and Experience
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Prophix
We are utilizing the software for financial reporting, consolidations, and are in transition to purchase the budgeting/forecasting module and CPM product. We converted from Cognos Finance to Prophix. This software has solved many complexities that our business has - multiple entities, several different ERP systems, load timing to consolidate everything, and streamlined reporting tools that helps us spend more time as analysts instead of data managers.
- Consulting Team. We purchased Prophix this past summer. We have spent several hours over the last 90 days building out load processes, testing/validating data, and designing reporting to complete everything before our go live date. Our Prophix consultant, Tina Yeung, has been amazing in helping us. The knowledge transfer, timing of responses in getting back to us, and commitment have been critical to the success of this.
- Developers. We have a complex process in how we consolidate data from our ERP systems - sequel queries, flat files through text documents and Excel files, and ELIMS. We export data in a monthly and YTD value format. Because of the complexities, we could not find a software package other than Cognos Finance that would be able to support the different requirements we needed to consolidate data until we came across Prophix. This was an ideal solution not only because of cost but the features of the software that the developers (specifically, Collin Issac) were able to do in the customization (coding logic) used to keep everything dynamic. We often times have an acquisition that is on a different ERP system and we were able to create ways to setup account mappings, reports, load processes that would normally takes days to setup to just a couple hours.
- Features. The software is very slick. There are different ways to drill into reports through Ad-Hoc Analysis, building professional format reports in Template studio, and generating reports in Report Binder to be emailed out to end users in a quick format. The Ad-Hoc tool is very appealing because of the graph function (also available in Template Studio), it allows you to create a quick visual of revenue, EBITDA, etc. and send to a non-financial end user quickly. The features in the system are visible and easy to use if your using the system properly. In the prior software we used, we didn't have that upgraded feature as Prophix where we could only send out report after report with numbers buried in them.
- Home Screen. This allows you to show users announcements, create shortcuts to reports that you can run immediately, and create workflow task reminders for the end user to be aware of. The shortcut for reports really stands out because if your validating data, you don't want to keep going through 'Document Explorer' if you have several reports setup within your company that is layered by different departments - GL, Finance, AP, AR, etc. you can just simply click a button and run the report.
- The only minor tweak in the software I would like to see is to have the ability to have multiple Ad-Hoc windows available.
- The front-end could be updated from a visual standpoint to be more appealing but it has all the functionality needed to make it a slick tool.
- Cost. In comparing this to Adaptive, Oracle, Host Analytics - this product really stands out from a cost standpoint in being much cheaper and the value (based on features and knowledge transfer from the consultant) pays out over time.
- Employee productivity. The software definitely solved load time issues and made our reporting process much smoother. We have more time for analytics and spending a lot less time on data validation.
The main reasons of why we selected Prophix are cost, value, ease of use, speed of implementation to take this into production, and demonstration of the product to us. We covered all the competitors out there in terms of reviewing on-site or conference call - Host Analytics, Adaptive Insights, Oracle, Cognos Express, and a few others. The cost was almost double for the other competitors. The value was demonstrated through how the end user would be trained in using Prophix from the consultant (knowledge transfer), how the system would be used, speed, what the output was in terms of system design, and how this would be used across our SBU structure. What stood out with Prophix is how they listened and delivered in there solution to us how they could meet our business needs. From this point to implementation, they have gone above and beyond to make sure we were ready for our go live date.
I would highly recommend the software just based on experience utilizing the tool, staff, and knowledge transfer. The admin is in control of the software with little involvement from IT. What sold us on using this product was there demonstration by Thomas Karthaus (Regional Account Manager) and Igor Krougovoi (Solutions Engineer) - they documented what are issues where - primarily load times of taking several hours to consolidate data and being in an outdated software no longer supported in Cognos Finance. Igor created a quick model with our data and ran through his steps of how he built it, what it could do, and how the Prophix solution solved our main problem in seconds rather than hours. The key thing is ask/show what your existing problems are and let Prophix show how they can handle/solve the issue.