Overall Satisfaction with Q-Pulse QMS
Q-Pulse QMS is used by the entire organization to some extent. Our maintenance department is a heavy user of the system, utilizing nearly all of its features. Being in aviation, there are many regulations that govern how we control documents, tooling, audits, training, etc. Q-Pulse QMS provides the tools to accomplish all of that.
- Document management and distribution
- Audit management and non-conformances
- The incident's and occurrences modules are very customizable and you can set them up to do almost anything
- The training module is basic. If your training program is more complicated than simple onboarding training, then the Q-Pulse training module will be a bit of a challenge. It's not impossible to use, but there are better programs out there. I understand though, that this is an area that is being improved on soon.
- Hard to quantify in numbers., but Q-Pulse QMS has provided a large increase in regulatory compliance. Regulatory and customer audits routinely return positive results and compliments to Q-Pulse QMS.
I do not have significant experience with other QMS programs.
The Q-Pulse QMS client works great in our organization within the head office as the server is hosted on-premises. Remote locations connect in through Citrix, which reduces the usability. However, Q-Pulse QMS is currently transitioning to a web-based model, which will remove this problem. Once the system is fully web based, then this will no longer be an issue.
The support team for Q-Pulse QMS is fantastic. Ideagen has invested a lot in this area, opening offices all around the world. Q-Pulse QMS product managers are also very responsive to requests and improvement suggestions. Ideagen also hosts annual conferences, which bring their customers together where ideas can be shared and we can meet the people developing the program.
Do you think Q-Pulse QMS delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Q-Pulse QMS's feature set?
Did Q-Pulse QMS live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Q-Pulse QMS go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Q-Pulse QMS again?
Organizations that require a high level of oversight will benefit from using Q-Pulse QMS. The system is highly customizable and will hold the organization accountable. Aviation, healthcare, or government are definitely the target customers for the program but any organization can benefit from this system. Any organization with multiple offices or diverse departments can also take advantage of Q-Pulse QMS.
Using Q-Pulse QMS
Everyone in our organization uses Q-Pulse QMS. The maintenance department uses nearly every module. The flight operations department uses documents and audits, primarily. The rest of the organization uses just the documents module, primarily. The more the company uses the system, the more we find what we can do with it, and this expands the functions that each department uses.
We have a few Q-Pulse QMS 'experts' in the organization. Our IT department is also in house to provide support.
- Document management
- Audit/non-conformance management
- The incidents and occurrences module has been used to build a reliability program as well as an inspection program for specific functions within the company. These modules are hugely customizable.
- We are looking to use the incidents and occurrences modules to create online, fillable forms that can be set up and sent via the messaging system to reduce printing on paper.
Q-Pulse QMS is totally integrated into our organization now. It does the job nicely and to change it would cause unnecessary disruption to our operation.