Overall Satisfaction with Qualtrics
Qualtrics has been used to support a diverse variety of online survey research application. These varied uses include short experience-sampling mobile surveys, more traditional lengthier online surveys, longitudinal surveys with timed reminders, offline surveys completed using a tablet in the presence of participants, and in-house surveys used primarily in place of database software, such as in the case of a rubric used to code thousands of records by teams of researchers.
- The interface allows for fast, intuitive and semi-automated survey building, which saves time and is easy for new users to learn.
- The interface has some powerful features including piped text, embedded data, contact lists and automated reminders for completion.
- The support team is amazing in my experience. They are extremely knowledgeable and professional and almost available 24/7. I hope they are paid well as they handle very complex applications and systems with high levels of professionalism.
- The complete survey revision history allows you to easily take a step back in the event of a mistake.
- Automated reminders can be limited in terms of timing, and alternative contact avenue integration (e.g. SMS, Facebook, LinkedIn, multiple email addresses, etc.) would be excellent.
- A slightly faster internet response time when building/altering surveys.
- The look and feel of the survey is limited unless one is able to undertake some custom coding.
- The affordability of Qualtrics with an institutional licence has definitely netted significant efficiency gains for staff. Previously custom design of online surveys would be costly and more time consuming.
Qualtrics is far more powerful with more features in terms of logic, control, analysis and ease of editing the survey content.The support team also makes an enormous difference.
For all online survey applications, Qualtrics will meet the need. For complex mixing and matching of question types, Qualtrics may require multiple questions to be used. However, it does have a wide array of question types generally suitable to all scenarios.