Overall Satisfaction with Quest Rapid Recovery (formerly AppAssure)
We use Quest RR for our primary backup solution at all 3 of our locations. It replicates from location to location. It is a very simple configuration that does provide us with peace of mind.
- Backup email reporting is good.
- Deduplication makes backing up larger jobs much more manageable.
- Restoring files is fairly simple and quick.
- Base images seem to be created too often at the slightest trigger like an improper shutdown. Something I think should be able to be skipped.
- Speed of mounting restore points is bad and often times out. There are some work arounds for this but it is annoying.
- Allows us to quickly access restores and recover individual files
- Gives us peace of mind knowing we have backups replicated offsite
- Affordable and able to be installed on standard servers
I've been using Rapid Recovery for the last 6 years and before that we had used Backup Exec, but it was a different implementation as we were still running backups to LTO3 tapes using the full/incremental backup schemes. So Rapid Recovery (AppAssure at the time) was a big change for us, backing up to disk instead with base images and changes. I would assume Backup Exec can do this as well, but haven't used it since switching. NovaBACKUP was a lower cost solution that seemed geared towards smaller and simpler configurations.
Do you think Quest Rapid Recovery delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Quest Rapid Recovery's feature set?
Did Quest Rapid Recovery live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Quest Rapid Recovery go as expected?
Would you buy Quest Rapid Recovery again?