Overall Satisfaction with Quick Base
We use QuickBase as field inventory control, quoting, service tech dispatch, cloud-based paperwork storage, customer tracking. We have another system for corporate accounting, but it didn't address our need for a system to handle manufacturing and field service.
- Ease of use, doesn't take a lot of training to be able to use our system
- Provides good work flow
- Easy to modify the program in-house as needed
- I find the app difficult to use on a mobile device
- It's a little pricey
We have developed an in-house app that manages inventory and allows us to dispatch field installations and service work.
We were using in-house built spreadsheets that were hard to keep up and use. We were able to use QuickBase to integrate the visual formats of those spreadsheets (customers liked the data presentation) into the database. It allows us to track a piece of equipment from birth to death and have every piece of info available to the customer.
- Building and deploying business applications faster
- Improving our ability to drive insights from our data
- Solving a specific business challenge
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
Although we are constantly updating and tweaking the application, it has helped us meet several needs. We have combined inventory control and tracking with field service dispatching and invoicing into one application. The app is very user friendly and it is easy to train new staff on the use of the app. Being cloud-based, we are able to update multiple sites as we are a multi-state operation.
We update the app on an almost weekly basis. We have two avenues to do so. Most things we can do in-house, but for more complicated or time-consuming changes, we utilize a contract developer. Over 5 years of use, we have not had a change request that couldn't be made in the span of more than 4 hours.