Quickbase Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2021

June 02, 2021
Amber Littleton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Quickbase is being used at my company in one location as a pilot for possible uses at multiple locations. Our particular use case is process monitoring on production lines. We will use the real time data to track efficiencies at an hourly level and have historical data to show performance.
  • Customizable
  • User friendly
  • Adaptable for multiple processes and departments
  • Some reporting looks busy and can be hard to customize.
  • Some features in beta are glitchy.
  • Summary reports are hard to manage effectively.
Quickbase is well suited for accounting, Human Resources, medical facilities, places with inventory, government applications, small business and large, etc. I cannot think of any scenarios where Quickbase cannot be an asset to the company.
Quickbase has allowed my company to have a fully customizable app to replace papers that could not be analyzed effectively or timely. With a few button clicks, Quickbase has turned analyzing data and visualization of the data into something that everyone can see and benefit from.
I was the builder of our application. I consider myself tech-savvy, but definitely not an IT professional or a coder. I do not possess Java, CSS, or any other programming knowledge and was able to build a fully functional app that less tech-savvy people have successfully used for months.
Read Amber Littleton's full review
May 31, 2021
Anna Diamond | TrustRadius Reviewer
Quickbase is easy to build out tables and continues to improve UIs. This makes it easy to adapt to the ever-changing needs of a company. The support provided by the help desk is fantastic. They are quick to respond and are always helpful. The best part is that you don't need to have any experience. Also, having QuickBase university is an amazing resource for new users that will be building apps.
  • Continually listening to the user and building improvements for the user
  • Technical support is amazing.
  • Quickbase university
  • When account managers change it is often not well communicated.
7 years ago we were doing all of our work on spreadsheets and word documents. This was a challenge as data was impossible to follow up on. Thanks to QB we now have a fully functioning ERP system that we are able to update as we continue to grow and make improvements.
Building apps, tables, and forms have been easy. I have been able to train people on building that have no experience. I have not had to have help from IT and as long as you take the time to map out what your doing it is easy to build out.
Read Anna Diamond's full review
May 26, 2021
Gaurav Sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Quick Base in our entire organization. We have developed our own HRMS on the Quick base platform. Along with we have developed applications for our legal departments, IT departments and for our external customers too. It is very easy for someone who does not know how to code can build an app easily with the Quick Base. We have been automating most of the manual processes through Quick Base.
  • It is a cloud-based platform. There is no need to set up something on your system. You just need an internet connection and a registered username and password.
  • Everyone can build an app on Quick Base without even knowing how to code.
  • You can easily automate your process through Quick Base by creating notifications, subscriptions, and reminders on which triggers on a particular event.
  • You can build a dashboard where you can show the progress of the projects and see your pending task and many more other things on a single place.
  • One thing, I still miss which is a multi-lingual feature.
I would recommend if you want to automate your work and migrate from Excel. Everyone can build the app an Quick Base if you don't know how to code. There are several users which don't know how to code and they are building applications on Quick Base and added Quick Base to the skill sets.
Read Gaurav Sharma's full review
May 18, 2021
Eric Thorsteinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Quickbase instead of Microsoft Excel for tracking of clients and contracts for agents. It is being used by our inside call center and our Agent Services Department. This allows multiple users to access the information without accidentally deleting it. We ran into many issues using Excel for some of this and it created many problems. Once we starting using Quickbase our book of business and contracting department became much more efficient and effective as well. It's been a wonderful addition and we will continue to use Quickbase going forward for many years to come!
  • It allows multiple users here at work to access the data at the same time without deleting anything of value.
  • It can hold a lot more data than Excel.
  • Using this application as a web based application allows access for all our workers.
  • Not sure what they need to do better right now.
  • They are doing a great job for us as a company.
  • Wonderful product and company to work with.
It's much better than Excel for multiple users within the company. If your company has a lot of clients, contracts, or data in general, then Quickbase is a great way to keep track of that data. It allows many users in the company to input information and also access the information without the worry of deleting it.
I am not the one who builds applications but know we have used someone to help us build those. I know we utilize business applications within Quickbase and will continue to use those going forward. I feel its a great way to keep track of lots of data without he worry of losing it.
I don't know much about that. Sorry.
QuickBase is totally reliable! It's very easy to use and works just as promised! You will find many different ways to utilize QuickBase in your company just like ours did and are doing.
Read Eric Thorsteinson's full review
Richard (Ric) Hazel | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use QuickBase as a repository for documents and as a way to create forms, reporting, and metrics for our Learning/Training Department that serves our greater IT org, Customer Technologies. We have yet to delve as deep as we can into its potential uses, but at present it has addressed our problem with where to store documents and files, as well as, a way to manage and organize our current restructuring of our department's policies, procedures, and development.
  • It is very easy to create apps specific to our needs.
  • It is a great way to manage and store documentation on many levels.
  • It gives us a one stop location where we can organize our entire restructuring effort.
  • I would like to be able to upload and store larger video files and Captivate files without having to zip them.
  • In our Learning/Training Department we have a need to share files so that we can have multiple sets of eyes on things as we design and develop learning elements. An easier or more intuitive method to share larger files would be great.
  • It may be because I am still relatively new to QuickBase, but it is not the easiest to navigate when trying to add new users, edit functionality of an app, etc.
QuickBase is well suited for a department that has multiple users and has a need to store and share documentation across that department. It also is very good for departments or organizations that need to measure and report on specific activities and customize apps to make those measurements. It may not be the most appropriate for users who have a need to store or share large files.
We have achieved this benefit to a certain extent, but have not yet realized the full potential of the product. I anticipate that as our restructure effort moves forward we will have ample opportunity to test this and realize even more benefit from using the product. From what we have seen of it up to this point it has been indispensable for us as a means to organize our restructuring.
It can be difficult for non-technical developers to navigate through the creation of applications, however, with that being said, QuickBase help is very efficient and accessible when trying to build something from scratch. Their customer support is top notch and responds quickly to every inquiry for assistance that I have made so far.
Every issue or question that I have had has been addressed quickly and answered expeditiously. They are very good at what they do and I have absolutely zero complaints. It is rare to find a Customer Support department that is as knowledgeable, courteous, and efficient as QuickBase Support. Well done!!!
Up to this point the product has done everything that I have needed it to do. When I have needed assistance I have received it quickly and efficiently. As a repository it has been an indispensable tool and will continue to allow us the flexibility we need to move forward.
While the purpose of this product is to provide flexibility and scalability to and organization, it is not as easy to roll out on the enterprise level. The support from Quick Base is not on a level that it makes the process easy and fluid. Be prepared to spend more time on this product than you might want to.
Read Richard (Ric) Hazel's full review
January 07, 2021
Surya Avantsa, MS, PMP, DTM. | TrustRadius Reviewer
QuickBase is being used at a federal agency that I worked at, for their core business activity. It helps the management and the staff alike be able to track their cases across all the 5 major departments within the organization. It also helps the public file their legal cases with the agency electronically thus reducing the time and improving the accuracy of the filing.
  • QuickBase is a SaaS product. Therefore, it eliminates the need to have a dedicated department full of people to manage/administer servers for databases, websiites, web applications and so on and so forth.
  • It helps application developers get started with application development right away, without having to install any other software.
  • With an extensive point and click system for application development that still encompasses almost ALL types of programming situations, it makes it easy and quick for developers to build solutions by focusing on the business needs rather than the nitty gritty details of the implementation of the small programming components.
  • QuickBase is based on HTTP API calls and because of this, one can build custom applications using languages such as Java, JavaScript, Ruby on Rails, .NET etc so that the custom application can be the front-end while QuickBase is still the database and the backend as a service, including email as a service.
  • There are several third party products that work as an extension of QuickBase. I have personally used Exact Forms Plus to be able to generate documents based on data coming from QuickBase applications. This is possible because of the HTTP API calls that come with QuickBase This makes QuickBase extremely extensible.
  • Webhooks is a major extension of QuickBase that allows "triggers" to handle your business processes across a variety of other 3rd party SaaS products as well.
  • Automations (now integrated with Pipelines) go beyond webhooks. They use drag and drop, drop-down select type of coding with wizards such that one can't go wrong. It improves the productivity of the application developer by at least 100x
  • There have been several areas for improvement that QuickBase has collected over the years from their users via uservoice. Many cool features have been implemented.
  • However, I still feel that they should either get rid of the limitation or expand the number of form rules one can use in a form that has formula fields. Currently it is at 20!
  • I want QuickBase to seriously consider increasing datastorage at reasonable expense for developing applications that handle large transactions.
  • Get FedRamp certified. Get FedRamp certified. Get FedRamp certified. Do whatever is necessary for that. But don't move to AWS for that. Amazon is a monster. Stay away.
If you want to track something, such as a business process, use QuickBase. For all other type of business applications, where you might want to have a custom user interface, you should still use QuickBase, because you can't find a better product that can act as a Backend-as-a-Service.
However, due to the limitation of the amount of data that you can store in QuickBase, avoid using it for applications that involve large transactions processing.
Like I mentioned in the pros of using QuickBase, this product can shred the amount of time one needs to design, build and deploy web applications, with as little infrastructure as you can. At the federal agency I worked, we migrated from an Oracle Forms based case tracking application to QuickBase. As a result, the cost to hire and maintain Oracle DBAs, Unix System Administrators was totally eliminated. QuickBase takes care of it all!
So as application developers, we could move quickly from requirements gathering to systems design to development, testing and deployment in weeks as opposed to months and years for each component. We didn't have to worry about load balancing, maintaining our servers or maintaining our platform etc.
QuickBase would like to think or have customers think that this is a citizen developers' tool. But I beg to disagree with that because, one needs to have knowledge of relational databases, the concepts of normalization, the need to normalize, how relationships work, how the summary fields, lookup fields work, etc to be able to develop a meaningful and useful application that can be maintained in the future.
I have first-hand experience developing applications for some DC Govt agencies where they had "citizen developers" such as administrative assistants, finance managers, and human resource managers develop applications only to have me come in and redo them "correctly." As an example, when you had to modify the name of a person, the systems developed by the citizen developers were such that one would have to modify the name of the person in 8 different tables, all in the same application! But I designed the systems so they can change the name in just one Employees table and the lookup fields would take care of effecting the change across the applications.
Thus, I would strongly recommend that businesses should consider having experienced professional programmers who have experience and education in developing applications do the job.
Although I had a great experience with QuickBase support in the past, these days, they do not respond quickly. I end up with too many hide and seek games like situations for more than 2 to 3 days. And finally, when they do come to help, they typically end up stating my situation is not something QuickBase can handle when in reality it is the individuals who can't handle it.
It is good for most applications. But not when you want to have custom buttons with custom labels. When you want a custom UI, it is nearly impossible. You have to use other tools such as 3/4GL languages or PAAS application development platforms such as Bubble.io
Read Surya Avantsa, MS, PMP, DTM.'s full review
Alex Molochko | TrustRadius Reviewer
Quick Base started for us as a fairly standard way to meet our needs in the CRM and ITSM spaces. We added some knowledge generating functionality for our sales and marketing arms and things snowballed from there. Now we use it to track and manage a very wide range of functions across our operation. It's gone from being primarily used by our sales and support teams to capturing and managing core functionality for our primary service delivery vector.
  • Spreadsheet killing. Can't stress enough how effective it is at replacing outdated, inefficient management techniques like Excel with streamlined, 100% customized workflows.
  • Reporting is easy to develop and filters are easy to manage so you can show anybody anything at your own discretion.
  • Many CRM-style implementations of business software like Quick Base rely on extremely high levels of buy-in because it's necessary to bend your users' workflows to the process in the software. Quick Base is the polar opposite - you can make the platform reflect the actual facts on the ground so precisely that your users will actually learn more about what they do by the process of mapping it into the software.
  • Mobile integration. Would love to see a native mobile app; as it is the mobile experience is pretty good but there are weaknesses associated with being wholly browser-based. EDIT: This answer was written circa 2018 before there was a native app. There is now a native app and it works extremely well for some workflows! I've moved away from mobile usage (I'm actually at a different company, which also uses QuickBase, to the role I was in when I wrote the initial review) but based on my personal usage I'd say QuickBase mobile is still a work in progress - it's basically necessary to develop separate frontends for browser and mobile; when designing reports/workflows for browser they tend not to be very smooth when converted to mobile by default
  • Flexible licensing model is a necessity. Right now my company can't necessarily accommodate paying user licenses for everyone we'd like to potentially be able to access parts of the system, but there are use cases we'd love to capture within the platform that do require that sort of ability to interact with our apps on a limited basis.
I genuinely can't think of a business scenario where Quick Base is poorly suited as a solution because it's so flexible and powerful. The specific situations where Quick Base is going to help you is a business situation where you have a workflow or process that you want to codify, customize and create a single source of truth about. What isn't in that category?
Our organization has achieved building, deploying and maintaining custom business applications quickly and easily through Quick Base. We are a small company, with an IT staff of 1.5 FTE. When we get a request from operations to capture a new workflow within our Quick Base app we can have a prototype up and running within a week and tweaked and customized to massively reduce their time-spent overhead within a month. There's no looking back.
Our citizen developers easily and quickly build their own reports and charts. Outside of that, our organization has one overarching single application because our industry and positioning require our Quick Base app to talk to many other systems to the extent that building out those connections to more than one app was not the direction we chose to go. Both our IT director and 'low-code' support specialist are able to accommodate any other development requests from users very easily. Ongoing maintenance is virtually zero.
The help and documentation are top notch and available 24/7. The community also provides an additional layer of assistance and creativity in problem solving. For bugs and support the QuickBase team themselves are second to none. Immediate response with a case number and personalized support. They do not quit until they've solved your issue - even if your issue is that you're confused about how something works and misinterpreted or couldn't find the documentation. They'll helpfully and knowledgeably walk you through any problem from the syntax of a difficult formula to enterprise level governance and data management issues.
Read Alex Molochko's full review
January 06, 2021
Rich Rinaldi | TrustRadius Reviewer
[It’s] used by particular departments for various solutions that current IT needs weren't enough to address. One department uses it for invoice requests; another uses for electronic surveys.
  • Quickbase is extremely versatile. I have solved multiple business problems with it.
  • Quickbase just works, which is essential for a cloud software solution today.
  • Quickbase support is excellent and responsive.
  • Quickbase has somewhat of a learning curve. You need to be technologically inclined.
  • I recommend a consultant if you need a complex solution.
We use Quickbase successfully for everything from tracking time to submitting invoice requests to keeping track of all event logistics. It is robust and has scaled nicely. It may be possible to adapt it for an enterprise solution, but so far I've seen the most success with small department processes and one-off projects.
Quickbase has absolutely done this. IT departments are strapped as people demand more from Theo technology without really knowing how to use it. This solution allows us to develop and iterate as nimbly as we need to, without using valuable IT resources.
Maintenance is easy for a tech-savvy indivisible who is interested in databases. Building from scratch is tougher. Fortunately, Quickbase makes up for that by offering a variety of pre-fab databases. Additionally, consultants are affordable.
Read Rich Rinaldi's full review
John Harvey | TrustRadius Reviewer
We rolled Quick Base out 8 years ago for our Sales Department, now it's used in Marketing and Product Marketing. We've launched it internationally and it has made a huge difference in communication.
  • Workflow approval
  • Reducing dependence on email
  • Automation
  • Connecting with Microsoft applications
Whenever you are using emailed attachments to track the progress of a project or request. This is where Quick Base shines. It helps clarify the process and the current status of the project.
Quick Base absolutely makes building, deploying, and maintaining custom business applications faster and easier. This is a major benefit of the system.
I've had engineers and IT folk love the tool for speed and customization. They develop in the tool without any issues. My background is in IT so it's always been an easy tool for me. I train users that are not technical in using the application and they love the ease of use. I'm not sure how they would do in developing in the tool. It seems very easy to me.
Read John Harvey's full review
Nima Shafaee, MBA, PMP, B.Eng | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Quick Base to capture issues, triage them, and assign them to different people. We have also linked it to email accounts so that when customers send us emails, it automatically populates a quick base ticket to get triaged.
  • Automated linking to emails.
  • Assigning tickets quickly.
  • Email notifications on updates.
  • The new updated interface is needed.
  • Mobile-friendliness.
  • No ability to have a private chat with another user (only emails back and forth).
It is useful for very basic ticket tracking and assignment, but for smaller teams, it does not have advanced real-time collaboration features needed for bigger cross-functional teams that need to interact quickly and often. There is no ability to drag and drop tickets to different teams and categories, and no ability to drag and drop files or view screenshots without download. It is a very primitive interface and technology compared to today's standards of functionality and design.
Yes but not to the full degree that I was hoping to achieve. The team is generally frustrated with Quick Base but sticking with it for the time being until another better solution is recommended by our IT.
Technical knowledge is required by the IT team to setup Quick Base. It took us a couple of weeks to get going on it.
Read Nima Shafaee, MBA, PMP, B.Eng's full review
Geoff Stuart | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Quick Base to store information about our mental health provider employees and the clients they serve. The application was developed by my predecessor but I find it easy to use.
  • It's intuitive for end-users to adapt to.
  • It requires little training to run the applications we developed.
  • It has an attractive user interface.
  • It needs a method for dumping the table of contents to a CSV or TXT file for use in Excel analysis.
  • It's not clear how to save a view as the default view.
Quick Base is well-suited for an office with non-tech-savvy end-users.
We have not but we intend to incorporate more data tables and develop management-level reporting.
Read Geoff Stuart's full review
March 19, 2021
Heather Werner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Quickbase for one of our clients. My biggest problem with Quickbase is it isn't a user-friendly system. One of our clients uses Quickbase for all of their billing and submitting bids though. Also, we have to use Quickbase for setting up new employees with them or removing employees. Our whole company used Quickbase. Estimating, Billing, and Project Management.
  • Creating a user log on.
  • Setting up a new user.
  • Each area is broken out into apps.
  • The ease of using Quickbase could improve. It is not user friendly.
  • It's difficult to navigate and find what you are looking for.
  • Hard to log out of each session if you need to.
I would not recommend Quickbase at all. There are more problems than good with this program. Mainly that it is not user-friendly.
We have not achieved the benefit of Quickbase being user-friendly. It's not a user-friendly program.
Read Heather Werner's full review
March 19, 2021
Krunal Thakkar | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Quick Base for internal and external purposes. Internally, we use it to manage the details of the employee and all the billing-related activities. Externally, we use it for our clients, for operation-related solutions and smooth business process.
  • Quick Base helps us with workflow-related activities.
  • Quick Base is a no-code or low-code application, so nontechnical people can also use it.
  • Quick Base is currently giving sync features to very limited applications where they should increase.
  • Quick Base is also giving facility for mobile applications but the summary report is not working there.
Quick Base is helpful where there are workflow-related activities, such as in an HR application.
Quick Base is a low-code application, so it is easy to use for the nontechnical people. But sometimes, using the API there can be difficult.
  • Online training
I have given 9 out of 10 as they are proving excellent support and also providing other options if it wont work as per my reqirement.
It is very user friendly and easy to use.
Excellent!
Yes - Yes it is working smoothly.
Read Krunal Thakkar's full review
Anastasia Izausome | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use QuickBase at our company as a CRM tool that helps us manage customers, leads, and jobs. It is used across the whole organization and different departments have different usages and use different apps on the system, which make it versatile and help us manage a lot of different tasks.
  • Setting follow-ups
  • Robust reports
  • Ability to customize apps
  • Better API
  • Better integrations
  • More support
QuickBase works well enough and it is very customizable, however, it does take a technical individual to change and customize the apps. I have worked with other CRM systems in the past that seem to be more intuitive, although less customizable. I find that in this company it is well enough for the purposes it is used for, but I couldn't imagine using it in past situations with previous companies I've worked with.
We have customized QuickBase apps for our business but I do not necessarily agree that they were fast or easy to build and implement.
Read Anastasia Izausome's full review
Mark Shnier | TrustRadius Reviewer
My clients use QuickBase to automate functions that their main computer system does not handle and where Excel just won't cut it. My client base spans massive companies and very small companies.
  • manages workflow
  • very granular control over security access as to what each user can see and edit at the record or even field level.
  • very agile to make changes quickly.
  • Mobile is weak (but there at least is a mobile interface) , but they are working on a proper mobile app that non technical users will be able to deploy to the Apple App Store and presumably Google Play.
Quick Base is an amazing product. because it can be configured by nontechnical users to quickly deployed web-based "apps"
My clients use Quick Base and it changes the "culture" of the company. Employees come to expect that everything they need which is not on their main computer system (if they have one) or not on say QuickBooks, will be in QuickBase for ease of access.
You need to have an employee who has the right aptitude. I tell my clients that if they have an employee who knows how to do a VOOKUP in excel then they have the mindset to be able to master Quick Base. There is lots of resources available to help learn the product - video courses, certification, online help text, and a strong user to user community for online peer to peer self-help.
The Customer Care team is well trained and respond quickly.
Read Mark Shnier's full review
May 11, 2021
Being a construction company, there is a plethora of available software out there, but they all are specialized to one area, not the entire business. This resulted in us using various types of software across the business and managing users and licensing was not efficient. We had CRM software, accounting software, marketing software, production software and the list goes on. Not to mention insane costs to use so many types of software. We tried all sorts of different platforms, each with their own benefits but ultimately we needed something that was a single-source solution for us. Something that could run our business end-to-end and allow to manage one system. That is when we found Quickbase. Quickbase is an amazing platform that has allowed us to eliminate of all the different software we were using and stick to one platform across the business. Quickbase is full featured and has all of the tools needed to create any type of business application out there and the learning curve for development is low. So low, that anyone in the business can create their own applications as well. Quickbase has not only saved our business money but it has streamlined processes and eliminated a lot of wasted office time that would have been spent using other platforms.
  • Data analysis and business reporting: Being able to create detailed reports and charts in a matter of minutes is such a useful tool for a business. Having all business data in one place and being able to see it quickly is very important to us.
  • Custom Application Building: Like I said before, the development learning curve is so low that it allows "citizen developers" to take part in the development of business applications.
  • Simplicity: The user interface is not tainted by fancy views, it is simple and straight to the point.
  • Mobile: Quickbase Mobile is currently not the best interface to use on a mobile device and having this would allow us to integrate Quickbase in more areas of our business, like field services.
  • Developer programs. It would be nice if quickbase offered developer licenses as the system cost is rather high for an individual to use to become a developer of the platform. Having a developer license could greatly increase exposure and functionality of the platform by reducing adoption barriers.
  • Field categories. When a table has a lot of fields, it can be hard to manage. It would be nice if the admin could categorize fields for better management.
For us, Quickbase is an end-to-end software with limitless possibilities. We are able to create applications that suit our business, rather than some construction software that tries to treat all businesses the same. Every business has different processes and procedures and having a platform that can adapt to this is key. Quickbase is an enterprise platform which is great but it does not suit smaller businesses (1-10 users) as the cost could outweigh the benefits.
Absolutely. Quickbase is a low-code platform so anyone can sink their teeth in and get to building applications. It is not like the old days where you needed expensive developers to create static applications that are costly to maintain. Really anyone can create their own apps with only a bit of database design knowledge. Imagine that, what system out there allows everyone in the business to participate in building dynamic apps that progressively get better.
Really the only thing needed to create fabulous applications is some database design knowledge and how relationships between fields/tables work. Other than that, Quickbase has a very nice library of webinars and support areas to quickly learn the basics of the system. The QuickBase University is an excellent resource for beginners. Like anything it takes time and one just needs to invest a little bit of time to learn the fundamentals and you're off building apps.
on the desktop end, quickbase does a really good job keeping the interface simple and easy to use and understand.
April 27, 2021
We use Quickbase to support our staff track their team operations, projects development, and project management.
  • Quickly Ramp Up Projects
  • Customization
  • Low Code, Ease of Use
  • User Friendly
  • Reporting & Dashboards
  • Connecting with Other systems
Quickbase has made our team well known throughout the company. Our team is quick to ramp up new projects, meet all the requirements by the project manager to a specific project, and provide the necessary reporting & insight to the progress of their team more efficiently than other programs.
We are able to ramp up new projects quickly. Additionally, we can copy applications and reuse them across similar projects with minimal customization. We are able to increase offerings.
All support users are well versed and knowledgeable.
March 25, 2021
Quickbase is being used across the entire organization. It's primary use is for CRM, but there are Order Fulfilment, and Billing aspects to it as well. It has also been used for HRIS/Time and Attendance.
  • Rapid Development
  • High Performance
  • Low Cost
  • Scaling can be difficult if you don't prepare early
  • Sometimes features are released too early
  • They could have a better Sandbox system
Quickbase is highly flexible and can be implemented very quickly for a wide array of different uses. If you're looking to implement quickly and improve on the way, it's your tool.
Our organization has deployed so rapidly that we didn't think about scale and are running into those issues now. If you need Enterprise level analytics, I would recommend doing lots of planning in the beginning.
June 04, 2021
I use QuickBase as a workflow management system and CRM. It's used across my department, and can be accessed across the whole organization! We use it both to manage and oversee operations, as well as to gain insight into our operations through reporting.
  • Low-code
  • Easy to automate
  • Good support
  • Data structure can be clunky.
  • Audit logs could be improved.
Quickbase is well suited to rapidly-growing companies that want to empower their workforce to become involved in app creation. It's easy to learn and tailor to specific situations. Its structure and automation can make it a powerful tool. Quickbase isn't as well suited to companies with the budget to invest in a more tailored engineering solution.
Yes, definitely! One of Quickbase's strengths is how quick and easy it is to build and deploy a solution. Apps are easy to create, and changes within apps are even easier to push forward, even without the help of an engineering team. Quickbase is also innovating and restructuring, which encourages internal innovation to best leverage their new features.
Quickbase is very easy to learn if you leverage their internal education resources, Quickbase University. Working with an account executive or consultant while starting with Quickbase is also a very valuable way to get up to speed quickly. It's definitely achievable for "citizen developers," but app builders with prior coding experience will flourish as well.
January 06, 2021
The whole organization uses it. We store all our information on it. We use it for purchasing, sales, warehouse, inventory labels, production specs, QA issue recording, and a number of other things.
  • Easy data accessibility. Everything is linked together. It has never been easier to find the data we need.
  • Constant updates to keep up with the current features other tools have implemented.
  • Great support for integrating with other tools through multiple methods.
  • It would be nice to have a more interactive UI in line with the kanban report that was released. Things such as drag and drop records to update data.
  • More flexibility with purchasing options, such as any number of users and less expensive space options.
  • Being able to view multiple levels of cascading children in a single form.
If you currently use Excel to store data that is frequently accessed by more then one person, QuickBase will save your company time, money and will greatly reduce or eliminate lost data situations. If you are looking to remove duplication errors with data that is entered into forms/orders frequently, QuickBase is also a great pick. If you want to automate specific data tasks with your data, QuickBase works well in that area. QuickBase is not a good replacement for an ERP or MRP, especially with advanced scheduling features, however, it has the capability to work well with both those systems. Quickbase has a good UI but it doesn't support many interactive UI features such as drag and drop to update records or updating data without refreshing the webpage.
QuickBase is easy to build and deploy, once you understand the features. It's simple enough at its core, but it still requires a bit of learning, especially if a person is not familiar with coding or building applications.

It took us a few months to get up and running with some core departments, but it took a year or two to really integrate the software into all departments. One thing that really sold QuickBase to most users was the fact that all they had to do was request a change and it could be completed in days or weeks instead of months. Some of the more technical users were able to implement changes themselves to better their departments.
January 05, 2021
We are using Quickbase for things ranging from entry forms, data tracking and anything else that is required by our customers. We have managed to expand past our division to utilize the tool across our whole organization. The ease of use and the ability to rapidly develop applications is a great tool to have.
  • Database continuity allowed across the internet
  • Trigger notifications specific to an individual's preferences
  • Importing data with limited interaction
  • Webhooks should match the ease of use as the rest of the tool
  • More options for import types
  • Quick Bug resolution
Anyone can benefit from the use of this tool. If you transmitt emails back and forth and then include someone at the last minute they need to read the entire string. Quickbase allows for users to be brought up to speed in a quarter of the time because you build data as you utilize the system. Emails will be thrown away once their purpose is served.
Absolutely any developments that we have made in applications or advancements in process would be restricted to our local team. Now we can roll it out across the whole organization. This allows for best processes to supersede any prior methods and makes sure that everyone is held accountable. It also allows for everyone to spend less time on legacy paper processes.
We have many people who do some form of development and they have limited to zero coding experience. This is a system that is designed to provide the benefits of an IT department type application and only the skills of their area of expertise. If you know how the process works the odds of you creating a valuable platform is extremely high.
January 05, 2021
We use QuickBase to monitor competitor companies and other companies in the IT/Security market. Our group also runs evaluations of software. We create forms for the evals, and then let QuickBase do the work to analyze and compare results. It helps us concentrate on the evals and research, instead of spending time with formatting and doing reports.
  • Training/support vidoes
  • Abilities to create different views/reports
  • Ways to link data (relational analysis) for deeper analysis
  • More of an online community to share tips and best practices (not sure if other companies are using the products the way we do)
  • Wizards to guide people with some of the relational functionalities
I used it at two previous companies to manage the customer reference program and PR programs. It was great for that.

One way we are using it now is to create competitive reports for sales people. We can easily create customized reports for a sales person in a competitive sales deal against certain competitors, looking for certain features and functionalities. We can give them a report for the customer and say "here are results from our independent lab on how these competitor features and functionalities compare." We can also produce similar reports for partners.
QuickBase has made it easy for us to gather and enter data, while letting QuickBase churn out the reports and analysis we need, without us having to create our own custom applications. It has been extremely cost effective, and we can easily share data/analysis with other groups.
QuickBase is very easy to use for basic needs, such as uploading spreadsheets, and creating custom views and reports. The areas that were trickier were creating relationships between tables. The tutorials were very helpful for those. The trickier things for us were adding multiple levels of connections to compare how we analyze markets, API imports of data, and building some of the formulas from Excel into QuickBase.
January 08, 2021
It is currently being used by one department, our goal is to have more departments incorporate it. Currently we use it for tracking purposes, to keep record(s) of what potential clients are looking for (e.g. leasing a Boeing 747 or buying a Boeing 737 etc.). This allows us to have sufficient information saved in a database and be able to export it easily based on what information we are looking to pull (e.g. leases only, and buying only, clients only in a specific country, etc).
  • Creating databases, allows for easy export into multiple types of reports/charts
  • Customization, allows you to deicide what information you want to display and find most applicable to the database you are creating, which is great for a company with multiple departments (i.e business group, administrative, marketing)
  • At this time I don’t have any suggestions for improvement
For our company, the one department utilizing it uses it for possible sales transactions, building a potential client database, and following up on potential leads, and at any point share that information within the company. It's a great tool that increases collaboration and enables you to simplify data and share your reports/charts with team members.
Right now just one department is utlizing Quickbase, our hope is to start to show other departments how they can manipulate Quickbase to their needs.
I am not an IT person by any means nor am I always great with new software. But I found Quickbase for the most part easy to understand, however I still have a lot more to learn. But there are a lot of great tutorials that definitely help the understanding process.
January 08, 2021
We have set up one app in Quick Base to manage our preconstruction process. The other app we setup is for timekeeping that auto feeds job cost. We are looking to expand our use greatly in the next 1 to 6 months with a custom CRM and more.
  • Customization
  • Ease of use
  • Flexibility
  • User management
  • Third party promotion and purchase of apps.
  • Mobile phone usage works but needs improvement.
It's like Access database in the cloud on steroids with way more features and ease of use. It can also be more complex at the same time. It depends on how well you know database management and reporting.
Yes, absolutely cheap timekeeping app that was easy to build. Can be customized on the fly as we change and adapt to the economic environment. Can integrate with other things and we are working on that now.
January 08, 2021
We use Quick Base on a daily basis. Its being use by the department only not everyone has access to it. It helps us store our customer financial information and helps us keep track of it by sending us a reminder on when we are to invoice the customers for their upcoming project.
  • We can store our customer's information.
  • We can add in more details.
  • Reminds us when we need to invoice our customers.
  • Helps us keep track of revenue.
  • Easy to make changes and navigate.
  • Try to make app creation more easy.
  • Able to have data transfer to another portal
By helping storing our customer information and keeping track of our company's financial situation. Like whenever its time to renew the customer's project, we receive an alert 2 months prior to the project date reminding us that we have an upcoming project, and that really helps us invoice our customers on time and give us a better projection of our revenue.
We were able to create apps suitable for our company's needs, and it has been working really well for us up til now and we are able to perform our work with no issue and it makes it easy to navigate through the portal. We were able to see a constancy in our invoices.

Visual Modeling (81)
Drag-and-drop Interfaces (78)
Platform Security (83)
Platform User Management (90)
Reusability (90)
Platform Scalability (85)

What is Quickbase?

Quickbase aims to empower businesses to quickly turn ideas into applications that make them more efficient, informed, and productive. The vendor’s value proposition is that by using Quickbase, anyone — regardless of technical background — can quickly create business apps they can use and share with others.

Quickbase Features

Has featureLow-code platform for rapid application development
Has featureAdvanced user management
Has featureFast, flexible, unlimited reports
Has featureAPIs
Has featureCode-free integrations with other leading cloud apps
Has featureCustom password policies
Has featureCase-based support
Has featureUnlimited customizable roles
Has featureSAML or LDAP integration
Has featureEasy point-and-click customization
Has featureBuilt-in workflows such as reminders, subscriptions, and notifications
Has featureFast, flexible reporting
Has featureAdvanced user management and unlimited roles and permissions

Quickbase Screenshots

Quickbase Video

Watch What is Quick Base? Hear it from our customers.

Quickbase Downloadables