Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Desktop Pro
QuickBooks Desktop Pro is the primary bookkeeping program used by our company. We use it for budgeting, tracking all revenue, and managing payables and receivables. It is being used by myself and the CEO, and our independent accountants. Being able to share QB across our network makes collaboration easy, and allows for seamless communication about our finances.
- Bill pay: easily input vendors and their bills, and then pay them whenever you are ready.
- Tax prep: send 1099s to all independent contractors above the threshold with just a few clicks.
- Budgeting: set up your budgets, and then track your actual revenue/expenses against the budget to see how your organization is performing.
- Reporting: MANY different reports available to satisfy investors and accountants. Very customizable.
- Updates: sometimes QuickBooks will inform me of an update for an earlier version than I'm running.
- Duplicating bills: When I duplicate an existing bill, my preset term (ex 60 days) doesn't seem to copy over. I have to manually reset it.
- Bring back QuickBooks bill pay! It was so nice to not have to print/sign/mail paper checks.
- QuickBooks is a net positive ROI for our company. The software runs efficiently, allowing us much more time for other objectives.
I love QuickBooks. I can't speak for organizations of other sizes, but for small-medium sized companies like us, it's the perfect bookkeeping solution. It has all the features we need, and several we're not even using (payroll, job profitability, inventory tracking, etc.) that make it the all-in-one suite that any company can use.