Quick Books Today, in My Opinion
Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Premier
We are a public accounting firm and QB's online or desktop is used by almost all of our clients plus we use it internally. It is a very easy to use product but some of the features could be better located for ease of use, such as the functions hidden in the "+" sign at the top. The accountant's version to access client data remotely is difficult to use in some ways and a bit burdensome for me. Internally we use the online version and have no issues, in fact, we are at this time looking to integrate it with or MS Dynamics CRM program rather than have to drop $15,000 just to install MS GP (Great Plains for those of us who remember it).
Overall, QB's has improved a lot over the years, and I do really like the reports. I do need to see if I can prepare reports that compare year-to-year and month-to-month, but that's my own issue of taking the time to work on it.
I do recommend it to clients for its ease of use (if only they would actually use it!...the quest of accountants everywhere!).
- Ease of set-up but get help from an accountant
- Ease of use
- Very good reports
- get rid of the "+" sign and just put a menu
- default all accounting to cash accounting, it is easier for clients to use and understand
- A snapshot: cash in bank, cask by G/L. A/P in one week and A/R in one week; that's what a business should know every morning
- Fewer than 25% of my clients