Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Pro
- QuickBooks generates a P&L easily. This can be done in many different ways; company -wide, per client, etc.
- QuickBooks generates a Balance Sheet easily.
- QuickBooks also tracks AR and AP very well.
- QuickBooks has room to improve on their cashflow report. We do not use the report in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks has room to improve the credit card entries. In order to match the entries to the credit card statement, you have to go in to manually input the entries and vendors. For example, if I pay ATT one month and the vendor charges my credit card as "ATT Houston," and the next month, they charge under "ATT Sugar Land," I would have to either manually attached both of these entries to ATT the vendor, or set up 2 new vendors as "ATT Houston" and "ATT Sugar Land."
- QuickBooks has room to improve the way it integrates with other accounting systems. For example, if a subsidiary does not have QuickBooks Pro, you have to create a separate excel model to run a consolidation model.
- The positive impact has been that using QuickBooks, we have built a robust consolidation model for our company's entities.
- Positive impact has been that we now have standardized reporting using the QuickBooks P&L reporting and Balance Sheet
- The positive impact has been tracking AR/AP.
QuickBooks Pro is well suited for setting up a new accounting system, maintaining accounting records, generating P&Ls, balance sheets, trial balances, etc. many important and crucial accounting documents. The system does a great job of creating an audit trail and housing all the details of a company's accounting system.