February 11, 2014
MediaComMarketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
Score 10 out of 10
RavenTools was the primary SEO tracking platform used by a previous company I was a part of. The entire SEO department was trained on the tool, and all SEO campaigns were managed through RavenTools. All SEO-related components were tracked, such as SERP positions on target keywords, link-building statuses, and historical performance and reporting.
- RavenTools was a very effective tool in determining the performance of our tracked sites and their target keywords. I particularly liked the feature that allowed us to see the historical SERP performance of our sites and the custom reports they provided.
- We utilized RavenTools to track the status of our link building efforts. The interface allowed many customizable fields to best help us track each of our separate links and allowed us to add additional information such as dates, status, link types, and important contact information.
- Customizable reports generated from RavenTools were very useful for the small agency where I utilized the tools. Given our small staff, having an automatically generated report saved us countless hours in time that were better used in optimizing our SEO efforts.
- While RavenTools was a very effective tool, some features were not fully recognizable and many first time users will miss many important tools or will find that the learning curve can be steep.
- I've found that some other SEO campaign tracking tools have their data refreshed more often than RavenTools does.
- Increased employee efficiency - even new employees and interns were able to pick up the basics of RavenTools
- With the link building tracking tools, we were able to more efficiently perform our link building duties
- Reporting tools provided useful and powerful information that were utilized in reporting and in decks.
I have no used any other tools, so I admit I cannot compare it to other products. However, I am completely satisfied with my experience with this product, so I believe without a doubt RavenTools, this will continue to be a highly utilized tool in the future.
RavenTools is a good tool for both small and large agencies with multiple clients. With the vast array of tools available, small agencies can utilize the reporting tools to help save precious time that can better be used for optimizing. Larger companies will appreciate the powerful link building tracking tool that easily allows the creation of a large database of links.