Remedyforce, ticketing for the Cloudhttps://www.trustradius.com/it-service-management-itsmBMC Helix RemedyforceUnspecified7.2461012014-07-08T15:38:59.174Z
Updated April 08, 2015
Remedyforce, ticketing for the Cloud
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Remedyforce
Remedyforce is presently used within Selas Technologies to help mitigate risk and provide accountability for our clients. Consulting work often proves to be a difficult task, especially in the realm of Salesforce. Remedyforce provides a way to track new requests and issues relating to our clients and gives upper management an idea of where problem areas are. This is currently being used to track everything from billing requests to feature requests or high priority incidents.
- Remedyforce does an excellent job with providing out of the box functionality that can be tweaked with minimal effort to align with your business needs.
- Having the ability to create custom views for different departments helps minimize confusion when implementing the product across multiple verticals.
- Customer portal is an excellent way to provide visibility to external clients and reduces the amount of time spent providing status updates.
- Initial configuration can be a little difficult for some.
- Lengthy installation process and post-installation items. In order to provide full functionality you'll need to dedicate a large amount of time to configuration.
- Migration of items from a Sandbox to Production can be extremely difficult because of hard-coded ideas in stored value fields on the fulfillment input object.
- Increased employee efficiency is a definite advantage of Remedyforce. Prior to the configuration, all tracking was done via email, this resulted in lost communications with companies and provided no visibility.
- Customer service has increased significantly, without the aid of Remedyforce, clients did not feel they were receiving the attention they deserved. With visibility provided form Remedyforce we are now able to provide clients with an up to date analysis of how many incidents we have closed versus what is still open.
- In addition to providing client visibility, internal visibility is an added benefit. With minor configuration, the reports can be modified to show the work performed. For the month of June we were able to invoice clients a total of 7k in billable revenue that may have been missed prior to the adoption of Remedyforce.
As a cloud-based company, having the ability to work remotely is a must. Remedyforce sits on the Salesforce.com Platform and integrates with all of their core Force.com functionality. With Salesforce, you could go with their Service Cloud route, which would require 10x the amount of configuration for Milestones, Entitlements, and Service Contracts configuration. In addition, you would have to pay $1 per customer portal license on top of the Service Cloud fee. While Service Cloud is a powerful platform, if you are looking for a lower-cost alternative, Remedyforce will give it a run for its money.
Remedyforce is well suited for small IT companies who are just building out processes. I have personally implemented Remedyforce with my previous company, Catalina Marketing, which required integration with several external systems; this project took approximately 6 months to complete for just Phase 1. If your company has a difficult IT process, it would be easier to modify and adapt a new process rather than implementing your own process into the application.
The total amount of time spent from installation to configuration for a minimal ticketing system was 2 hours. Maintenance and customization for the application can be completed with a great amount of ease. In addition having a customer portal is an added benefit that pays for itself.