Remedyforce All In One Organizational Supporthttps://www.trustradius.com/it-service-management-itsmBMC Helix RemedyforceUnspecified7.2461012016-02-11T22:44:02.252Z
February 11, 2016
Remedyforce All In One Organizational Support
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Remedyforce
Remedyforce is currently being used by our organization in the U.S. and is expanding internationally rapidly. We are using Remedyforce Self Service as a landing page for our service desk. The majority of all requests are now routed directly through self service as opposed to email requests a year ago. This has improved response time for initial customer support response. Through the use of Request Definitions, Workflows and Templates we can now direct tickets to the correct support queues and trigger automated email approval processes where needed. We are now using the knowledge articles functionality to house all FAQs, known errors, and other support documentation to better assist customers and support staff.
- Automatic Ticket Routing and Escalation Routing Processes. This eliminates a lot of the guess work of who supports what. With changes to organizational structure and team names, the automated workflows will allow tickets to still get routed to the correct group of individuals via self service requests.
- Linking multiple incidents for the same issue to one problem. Helps manage outages and follow ups.
- BMC is very open to product recommendations for future releases. It evaluates new features and ideas from its customers and forum users regularly and really drives better functionality with each release.
- Improve email capabilities with rich HTML formatting and template modifications.
- Simplify the administrator menus for supporting the product. Navigating through this area can be frustrating to get the hang of.
- Higher quality metrics of user, team, and department performance.
- Faster response times for escalation management.
- Proactively aided us in identifying issues with products. We were able to reach out to the client to acknowledge known issues and keep them better informed.
I previously worked with tools like Service Manager which were difficult to configure, administer and maintain. The support options were very limited. Remedyforce has local US support, dedicated reps, and a more developed infrastructure to work from to support an organization. This runs on the Salesforce platform so worrying about server failures and unscheduled outages was no longer going to be an issue for us. Self service, knowledge base, and change control were just a few highly utilized features that helped employees support themselves and automate very manual processes.
This product came with a lot of great functionality right out of the box. It served the needs of a 500+ organization in the U.S. well but required a significant amount of additional time for planning and configuration to properly implement for a global roll out. Much of this time though is not at the fault of BMC, but with planning support strategies and how teams will globally work with one another and share information.