Overall Satisfaction with Renaissance Star Assessments
As a district, we utilize Renaissance Star 360 in grades K-8 as a universal screening tool. We’ve depended on Renaissance to provide reliable and valid screening and growth data for many years. The easy to access and read reporting suite allows the district as well as schools and teachers to make informed decisions based on data. The assessments are computer adaptive and can be administered remotely should that ever be needed. With the pandemic, it was nice to still be able to gather data to monitor achievement and progress even when not in the school buildings. Renaissance is continually improving and adapting to the changing needs of schools.
- We have the flexibility to set our own benchmark windows. We set three as a district that are mandatory (BOY, MOY, and EOY). Then we add two more optional windows between the benchmarks for schools that need more data on specific students and/or grade levels. However, if needed, teachers can administer an assessment to students at any time of year to gather individual student data, even outside the windows.
- Renaissance is continually improving and adapting to the changing needs of schools. They have recently added Curriculum Based Measures for the elementary grades. These progress monitoring probes track students’ developmental growth with short one minute measures (i.e. letter sounds, oral reading, rapid automatic naming, numeral recognition, addition, subtraction, and multiplication). Item level scoring and reports provide teachers with specific skill insights to determine appropriate next steps.
- The easy to access and read reporting suite allows the district as well as schools and teachers to make informed decisions based on data. With the Star Screening Report, it’s easy to see which students are on track and which students may be at risk in reading, math, and early literacy. The Star State Performance Report is also another favorite because you can easily see which students are on track to meeting state proficiency requirements.
- In addition to the Star assessments, Renaissance has also created an extremely large library of resources that connect the assessment with instruction giving teachers immediate access to instructional resources aligned with their students’ data.
- We also utilize Renaissance’s Custom Data Integration services. It’s an automated process that populates student/staff/class data into Renaissance by syncing directly with our SIS. This means when a student moves in/out, it automatically syncs and no need to add/delete student accounts.
- Having quick, reliable, and consistent data has allowed us to truly drive our instruction with data.
Do you think Renaissance Star Assessments delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Renaissance Star Assessments's feature set?
Did Renaissance Star Assessments live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Renaissance Star Assessments go as expected?
Would you buy Renaissance Star Assessments again?