Force.com PAAS utilization will decrease IT cost, increase up time, and supercharge your business processes.
Overall Satisfaction with Salesforce.com
It is being used by sales operations for opportunities; by the customer service team for handling incidents; and by our c-suite for a 360 look at our customers.
- Reporting is a breeze. Anaytics continue to improve with each release
- API integration is world class, with the ability to consume & expose REST or SOAP services
- Unit testing is enforced such that a consulting engineer can oversee a code base using modern team development models using automated tools.
- There is a learning curve to understand the jargon
- It can be pricey
- Sometimes Salesforce will sell features before they are "ready for prime time".
- We have had increaseing Customer Satisfaction scores in our biggest business units customer service department for the last four years.
- We have been able to create a large amount of business while controlling spend on each opportunity.
- We have been able to minimize the development resources necessary to support Sales Ops and Customer service by utilizing the Force.com PAAS model.
If you need rapid development on a PAAS, use Salesforce. If you need to support legacy systems, don't.