Overall Satisfaction with Salsify
Salsify is being used to collect, store, and publish product content. It is used primarily by eCommerce, but is slowly being adopted by others in the company. Salsify addresses our need to store and categorize information. It is particularly useful in transforming that information into the different formats needed by internal and external customers, It also serves as a repository for our digital assets and serves the same useful purpose in transforming (rename, crop, resize, file format) these assets to the formats needed by different customers.
- Nearly instant publication of product content onto ecommerce platforms that support API connections. As the number of these connections grows, this will become more powerful.
- Salsify's support team is usually very helpful, and always friendly. Development is constantly ongoing.
- My favorite aspect of Salsify is the ability to quickly see what information is missing from a given product. Using readiness reports to identify gaps helps the whole team focus on what is important within their sphere of responsibility.
- Image transformation is powerful. In the past, we had to rename, resize, crop, etc. to meet different expectations. Now, we just program the right transformations, hit a button, and Salsify does the heavy lifting.
- It needs more ability to limit viewing or editing of certain attributes by user or user class. I understand this is in the pipeline.
- Responsive design. It is not usable on a phone (various iPhone n+ models). I NEVER prefer to work in Salsify on my phone, but it would be nice to be able to in a pinch.
- Salsify increases our speed to release products to our customers.
- Salsify is expensive. Worth it (so far), but expensive.
- Increased visibility of content gaps.
We have not used alternatives. None seemed to have the feature set that Salsify offered.
Salsify is well suited to a company that has a lot of products or product lines. Although it would be useful for others also, the upsides shine when working with larger sets of products. To fully exploit all of the ways to access your data stored on the platform, you need a developer or team with time to learn the platform. We primarily use Salsify in the browser. This is not really a downside to Salsify, and should be expected for integration with all third party software.