Overall Satisfaction with SAP BusinessObjects Lumira
I use SAP Lumira to teach BI students about data visualization tools and technology.
- Visualization ease of use is an industry leader.
- The ability to segment and create derived data sets is easy and straightforward.
- Basic transformations and cleansing is easy to learn and use.
- Flexible joining of data sets needs improvement (currently only one direction is supported making the use of this feature awkward).
- Adding "targets" and thresholds to visualizations is lacking.
SAP Lumira is really suitable for a heterogenous collection of data sources that needs to be mashed up into one simple presentation. It should not be used to integrated and cleanse data where significant work is required. As such, I see it as a strong desktop tool that compensates somewhat for immature or incomplete BI data sources.