Overall Satisfaction with Schoology
We use the enterprise version of Schoology district wide. I was one of the early adopters and have been working to help train other teachers and administrators in our district. We use it for a myriad of purposes. I personally use it as an LMS for all of my classes in addition to creating groups for the different clubs and activities that I advise. Recently we have added groups for things like book studies and resource sharing across districts. Having an LMS serve as a host to all of the information we need to house, really makes our classes, groups and activities accessible 24/7 and from any device.
- Allowing for many different types of activities to be accessible 24/7.
- Integration with Google Drive and Microsoft One Note.
- Being device agnostic.
- Ease of use by both students and staff.
- Response time to tickets.
- Badging could be improved if there was a way to bulk manage them and if they would auto assign.
- It has raised the level of engagement in my classroom exponentially.
- It has allowed for individualized instruction.
- It has provided me with another avenue of formative assessments that will then help me pinpoint gaps in understanding.
I have used Dokeos, Moodle and Blackboard. I am not sure you can really compare the other three to Schoology. Schoology is so much more user friendly and robust that I can't even say that it is comparable. I almost gave up on using an LMS before I started with Schoology.
It has transformed how I teach. It enables me to continue the learning experience for my students if I am out. It allows me to have a class that functions beyond just the 40 minutes that I am face to face with my students. It allows my students to work asynchronously and on their own time schedule. No longer do things have to be handed in by 2:30, they can be digitally submitted at any point. The calendar not only helps the students and I to stay organized, but it allows me to house everything we need for that day in one central location.
150 - The people in our organization are teachers, coaches, administrators and support staff.