Overall Satisfaction with Schoology
Schoology is currently being used across the entire district. We are a one to one district with iPads in grades K-8 and laptops at the high school level. Schoology is the learning management system that I am using as a teacher to distribute and gather assignments from my students.
- Schoology allows for personalized instruction of materials for students without others knowing that someone is getting something different.
- Allows students without a voice (too scared to speak in the classroom) an opportunity to share their thoughts and ideas.
- Opens communication for all students,
- From a management aspect, I create on the web but my students are using the app. The amazing feature of using badges is not accessible from the app. I believe that this will be coming in the future. Our workaround is to log into the web version to see the badges.
- When able to individualize instruction I want the ability to give an entire folder to a specific students. Currently at this point I do not have that ability.
- Specifically in my classroom, when I first rolled out Schoology I had 8 students in reading (students with special needs) all 8 of them passed the state reading test.
200 - We use Schoology as our LMS in all 3 of our buildings. As a middle school teacher for students with special needs, I want my students to gain independence, become a self advocate for themselves and also learn to the best of their ability. Schoology has given me the tools to give all of these to my students.
3 - Schoology is super easy to support the people around me. I do not have a background in technology and everything I have done on Schoology has been self taught. On the times when I needed assistance, I have had great success using their support pages for additional help.
- Students have access to their materials 24 hours a day 7 days a week. There is a transparency for the parents to know what is going on in their children's classrooms.
- Teacher organization....no more piles of papers, lost papers, trying to figure out the handwriting or "just what is this substance on the paper."
- Students are mobile and like to have their information at their fingertips.
- I use Schoology to track IEP goals.
- Creativity and freedom of project choice for student voice.
- Classroom management with MEDIA ALBUMS
- I would love to see information posted on Schoology for our staff meetings.
- Book Study for teachers and other staff
- Increase involvement for parents with students in sports.
Evaluating Schoology and Competitors
No - We were 1 to 1 iPads and had no way to contain, give or get the information to students or parents. We tried a few options and none of them seemed what we wanted,.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
As a classroom teacher for students with special needs, I needed a program that was easy for us to move around in, allow my students to have some independence and also become more organized. Schoology allowed for this to happen.