Overall Satisfaction with Selenium
Selenium is used across the organization for automating functional tests, this saves us a lot of man hours for executing automated tests. Moreover it is open source, platform independent and helps us cut costs.
- Having remote driver capability is definitely a plus and helps drive cross browser execution across all available browsers which in-turn gives us 100% confidence that the website will run on any browser and any machine.
- Selenium is open source so there is lot of contribution from the community and learning it is really easy.
- Multiple language support is great, since someone doesn't need to know a specific programming language. It supports at least 6 languages so it's easy to use for everyone.
- Selenium doesn't alaways play well with IE and has room for improvement with IE interactions.
- ROI is a big factor. Even though initial investment in terms of man-hours is high there is tremendous time saving eventually.
- Quality Engineers that tend to be non-technical or do not have programming skill , seem to learn Selenium thus boosting morale and improving their skills.
- Developer-tester collaboration tends to go up.