https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/4b/Wm/A1HKR1GD7JMK.PNGPros with some cons, but absolutely mostly pros!My company has used Sauce to automate the verification of video playback across multiple platforms and environments across desktop to mobile. Right now, it's only used by myself for a subset of teams. Video is a really tough thing to work with as it's very subjective and can be very time consuming to test. Being able to automate at least part of it gives us the ability to spend more time on other tasks.,Customer communication - My account team and support are always responsive and helpful! Staying up to date including day one support for some things. Receiving feedback. I've had several meetings with Product to discuss my pain points, future wants, etc.,Sometimes things can be finicky Connection speeds haven't always been great,10,Improve quality by increasing browser/OS/device coverage,I don't have any particular insight into this category, so I'm unable to speak to it.,Being able to very quickly access many, many past browser versions and on a handful of different OS's means that we should likely be able to get some sort of parity or something close to whatever customer environment we may need to cover. It frees up our machines from having to be cluttered with all of this which is great, too!,I've touched on some of these points in my other responses, but given the market moves so quickly, trying to constantly buy the newest devices just to have them collect dust doesn't make sense. Instead of my team paying for a device, using it for a little, and then moving on, Sauce can actually be thought of as being environmentally beneficial, too! Allowing multiple companies to utilize the same device makes the justification of that device's resources and materials much more bearable.,I have not used Sauce Labs Proxy.,Xamarin, BrowserStack, AWS Device Farm and Perfecto MobileGet on the Sauce! Sauce Labs will make your automation life A LOT easier!We use Sauce Labs when we're running our regression test suite against a multitude of OS and browser combinations for our core web product. We are able to easily spin up virtual machines that contain a specific OS along with either the latest, beta or older version of the browsers we support with our app. This saves us a lot of maintenance and support issues with our test environments.,Greatest strength of Sauce Labs to me is the ease of spinning up a clean virtual machine with the desired OS and browser combination. Sauce Labs support has been great! When I've run into issues whether it's from my own code issue or something on their side, they have been very responsive and helpful. The ability to scale up or down our needs from Sauce Labs has been great. As we build out more automation, we have a larger need of Sauce Labs services and it's been so simple to do. Need more parallel VMs? No problem. Need more automation time each month? No problem. It's all done almost instantly.,My main area of concern that could be improved is the cost of the real mobile device farm offered. I have tried it out and it's great! I want to use it for most of my mobile automation, but can't justify the cost.....yet. Once more and more tests are created on my side along with a need to cover more devices then maybe it will work. A minor area that could be improved would be the responsiveness of the video stream of active tests. Sometimes I need to refresh the browser to get the video to come on or update. Another area of improvement would be the speed that tests can run. This has improved since I first started using Sauce Labs, but don't we all want everything, right now, immediately? I'm asking for the world, but you asked!,10,Accelerate the pace of new feature releases Eliminate testing as a bottleneck Improve quality by increasing browser/OS/device coverage Achieve continuous delivery,We have been able to test on different OS and browser combinations that we were not able to before. Yes, we could have eventually built virtual machine's with what we needed, but we didn't have the resources in place when we needed it and Sauce Labs gave us a quick way to get this started and still use today. This has given us better quality and definitely made us more efficient which in turn gets us to market quicker. It's a win all around!,A new, clean virtual machine is spun up each time for every test. You cannot access a previously used virtual machine. Any test remnants or access behind our firewall is strictly guarded within each virtual machine and the use of a secured tunnel. When testing mobile apps, the apps are only kept in storage for a minimal amount of time and then deleted. Access is guarded with our Sauce Labs credentials, as well.,Our product is supported on a number of OS and browser combinations and the ability to have clean working test environments is critical to our success. Sauce Labs has given us the ability to spin up a great deal of different combinations and have them ready within seconds. This frees up our time to spend on more useful tasks such as testing.,A company can build out the infrastructure to house a test grid and have it be fairly straightforward. The issue comes in when you need to keep that test grid maintained. When tests are run, they leave behind artifacts from doing installations, downloading files, and other test related stuff. This may cause an issue for future tests if they are not cleaned up properly after each test. Also, there are OS and browser upgrades and patches that need to be installed on a regular basis. Maintaining a sizable test grid is a full time job, so hiring someone to keep the test grid maintained plus any costs of paying for operating systems clearly outweighs the cost of subscribing to a service such as Sauce Labs. Sauce Labs spins up a new virtual machine with the desired browser and browser version (try maintaining different browser versions on your test grid and the number of machines quickly grows) and gives you a clean environment for your testing. Sauce Labs is a bargain when you figure in all the costs of doing it yourself. Why reinvent the wheel?,We use the Sauce Connect secure tunnel to provide access to our test environment behind our firewall to Sauce Labs. This has been critical for us being a security company and maintaining strict access control to our environments. This allows for us to maintain a secure connection and still able to automate tests on Sauce Labs.,,Visual Studio IDE, Selenium,No,Price Product Features Product Usability,I don't think I would have changed much of anything. I tried out Sauce Labs and Browser Stack and attempted to do the same type of automation on both. Sauce Labs was clearly easier to use and I believe their price was even better than Browser Stack, so it was a no brainer.,3,3,Number one use case is being able to test on many different OS and browser combinations on a clean machine. Even if you're able to spin up multiple virtual machines with your choice of configuration, it still takes quite a bit of time to create and maintain them. Automatic reporting of testing. Running automation with Sauce Labs keeps all of your tests in one place with easy filtering to get quick access to test results. Running on mobile emulators and simulators. You will not always have every device supported to test on, so you will need to rely on emulators and simulators for some of your testing. Like not having to spin up virtual machines for every desktop OS and browser combo, you don't need to create every emulator or simulator either. Run directly on Sauce Labs!,Using Sauce Labs has increased our test coverage which is the biggest win for us. Previously, we were limited by resources to create all the environments, but now we can test across many different types of configurations. This has been a huge boost to our testing! Running tests in parallel! Before, we mostly ran our tests one by one which took a long time especially as we developed more and more scripts. Being able to seamlessly run many tests in parallel has greatly sped up testing and keeping our coverage at the same time. The use of mobile emulators and simulators. Before we were limited by what devices we had on hand and only using a browser's emulator for our testing which is very limited and doesn't cover many features of a mobile device. Using Sauce Labs for emulator and simulator testing has helped us with greater coverage than we had before. Sauce Labs real device farm! I've only test driven their real device farm, but it worked great! I was able to run my automation on native android and ios apps on real devices that we didn't have on hand. How can you beat that?,The plan is to run many tests in parallel, so I'm expecting to need many more virtual machines to run at the same time. Real device farm: I've tried it out and now I want to use it on a regular basis. As more mobile scripts are developed, there will be a need at some point to move away from managing our own inventory and use Sauce Labs real device farm.,10,Implemented in-house,No,We were lucky. I knew Sauce Labs before starting at a new job that had no automation in place, so I was able to convince management to get Sauce Labs at the very start of building out automation.,10,No,10,Yes,When I was first trying to use Appium for mobile testing, I struggled quite a bit getting it up and running. I was attempting to use Sauce Labs, as well, while trying to get going. I ran into many issues (self made), but many times I didn't know if it was on my side or Sauce Labs, so there were a number of times that I sent them my problem. Not once did they kick it back to me saying it was on my side and not theirs. They always helped and would even escalate to a senior member to offer assistance with Appium to help out. Like I've said before, I can't say enough great things about the support I've received at Sauce Labs. They truly make your success their success.,The ease of spinning up a new virtual machine with your choice of OS and browser Being able to retrieve and review test results Adding team members to their own sub account to separate testing,While spinning up a new virtual machine is easy, it can be tricky if you're not familiar with the need of creating a secured tunnel to access a test environment behind a firewall. Easy after you realize it though. Getting live video to update while a test is running can be cumbersome. I've had to refresh the browser sometimes to get the video to load. I wish tests would run faster especially with mobile emulators and simulators. I hate to put this down because I know how difficult this must be, but if I could magically make something better it would be the speed of tests.,9Sauce Labs is the way to go!We use Sauce Labs to run all of our automated tests on the VMs, primarily being used by the QA Engineering team. We have web/front-end tests consuming VMs, as well as mobile tests.,Always up and running: I'd say 99.9% it's up and running, as I've rarely experienced any down time with their VM farm machines. Reliable: we run our automated tests on their VMs at least every hour, around the clock, and their service is very reliable and working properly. Community: good online community of other people using Sauce Labs with tips/tricks; often see Sauce Labs at conferences and it's nice to talk with them about what they have planned (new features).,Reporting: overall reporting over a time period used to be an issue, but there new feature to support this is getting there and improving. Logs: I don't find their logs very useful for front-end web tests, I usually refer to my own logs if I have a bug/issue/error that needs investigation. Cost: it's a little bit pricey, but I don't pay the bill so I'm not complaining too much there. Overall, I'd say the price isn't ridiculous but it's not inexpensive.,10,Achieve continuous delivery,My company is not in financial services, but we do trust that our data is secure in Sauce Labs. I haven't taken a deep dive into looking at their security measures, so I can't give a great review on this subject matter.,On the web we support Chrome, and that browser is available in Sauce Labs (SL), in many different OS/version combinations. It provides us with what we need for our front end web tests. On mobile, it provides all the device and platforms we need support for, from iPad to iPhone to Android to tablets. Overall, SL seems to cover all the bases for web and mobile platforms/devices needed.,In my previous company, I built my own VM farm of machines and managed them for running our automated tests against. By doing this yourself, you learn a lot, but it consumes a lot of your time and becomes a big headache to be honest. Mainly, it is the time consumption of managing/upkeep on the VM's. It almost becomes a FT position job, to manage the VM farm on your own. Since using Sauce Labs, it now provides a reliable farm of VM's and I can focus on doing what I enjoy (coding) instead of trying to manage/upkeep my own set of VM's. Without a doubt, Sauce Labs is the way to go. Don't even think about trying to manage your own VM farm.,We currently do not use the Sauce Labs Proxy, so I do not have enough info on this feature in order to provide much feedback.,JIRA SoftwareEffectiveI have recommended Sauce to several clients I supported as a consultant of test automation services. It solves the problem of streamlining mobile automation results in a timely fashion. The Sauce Labs platform affords users the ability to execute a variety of test suites on multiple devices, even in parallel. Clients I have talked to want results more quickly during each development sprint.,Real device cloud is a much needed feature, and Sauce delivers. We are in the process of evaluating Sauce Labs for real device testing. The biggest strength of Sauce Labs is very easy to configure.,Many time performance of the execution is really slow, especially when connected with Sauce Connect. need to support video playback on No real device cloud access for open source projects.,10,Eliminate testing as a bottleneck Improve quality by increasing browser/OS/device coverage,I would be interested in learning more about these implementations. While not in financial services, we do have heavily audited applications that may benefit from any new [security and compliance] features.,Sauce Labs has allowed my team to implement automated testing into our pipeline that would not have been possible without Sauce Labs.,Sauce Labs has allowed my team to implement automated testing into our pipeline that would not have been possible without Sauce Labs.,We extensively use Sauce Connect for all of our automated testing. We have had many struggles with the proxy servers and configuring the PAC files to enable us to access our internal test environments as well as our external facing test environments. It's been a constant struggle for us to maintain this PAC file as new sites come online.,Automate your cross-browser testing with Sauce LabsSeveral teams that have a User Interface (UI) are planning to use Sauce Labs to test on different browsers and ensure functionality is working as expected. It helps us do cross-browser testing and mobile testing on both emulators as well as real devices. They have a great collection of real devices and I was able to find the latest Android and iOS devices.,Many versions (includes older versions) of popular browsers like (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Edge etc.) are available Great collection of real mobile devices available for testing Works well with CI tools like Jenkins, CircleCI etc. Has support for many programming languages like C#, Java, Python, Ruby etc.,Identifying flakey tests, slow tests can prove to be really useful Live testing on VMs is slow i.e. there is a lag for the browser to perform actions after actually performing them The metrics provided are very basic. This could be improved,9,Improve quality by increasing browser/OS/device coverage Achieve continuous delivery,We definitely think Sauce Labs would be helpful since they encrypt the data to ensure security and also do not store any data on their servers. We do not use real customer information specifically PII/PIFI during testing and only use test data. Our testing is limited to non-production environments only. Because of these reasons, we are able to use Sauce Labs,By testing our application on different browsers and mobile devices, we are able to catch bugs early and fix them before it gets to the customer. This ensures we provide a good and consistent experience to our clients irrespective of the browser/mobile device they use to access our application.,You could maintain a Selenium Grid for doing cross-browser testing and have a bunch of mobile devices to do mobile testing. This becomes a lot to maintain over a period of time since they need constant maintenance. It is also not possible to provide all the different browser/OS/resolution combinations that Sauce Labs provides.,This is a nice feature if your application is behind a corporate firewall. Sauce Connect allows you to test such applications. It is good that data is encrypted and sent over the tunnel and also the tunnel is only open for the duration of the test run. It is definitely very helpful rather than maintaining your own proxy.,BrowserStack and CrossBrowserTesting
Sauce Labs

Sauce Labs Reviews

Sauce Labs
Top Rated Award
Filter 194 vetted Sauce Labs reviews and ratings
Jayson Smith profile photo
August 17, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "Pros with some cons, but absolutely mostly pros!"

• Customer communication - My account team and support are always responsive and helpful!
  • Staying up to date including day one support for some things.
  • Receiving feedback. I've had several meetings with Product to discuss my pain points, future wants, etc.
  • Sometimes things can be finicky
  • Connection speeds haven't always been great
For scenarios/teams that have the appropriate budget for a premium product, Sauce is definitely the route to go. Also, for teams that value folks that sponsor the OSS libraries they use and having that expertise on their team, Sauce is a great choice. I suppose if you're super strapped, don't put value in the above, or care about communication, they may not be a wise fit.
Read Jayson Smith's full review
Randall Kelley profile photo
July 25, 2018

Review: "Get on the Sauce! Sauce Labs will make your automation life A LOT easier!"

• Greatest strength of Sauce Labs to me is the ease of spinning up a clean virtual machine with the desired OS and browser combination.
  • Sauce Labs support has been great! When I've run into issues whether it's from my own code issue or something on their side, they have been very responsive and helpful.
  • The ability to scale up or down our needs from Sauce Labs has been great. As we build out more automation, we have a larger need of Sauce Labs services and it's been so simple to do. Need more parallel VMs? No problem. Need more automation time each month? No problem. It's all done almost instantly.
  • My main area of concern that could be improved is the cost of the real mobile device farm offered. I have tried it out and it's great! I want to use it for most of my mobile automation, but can't justify the cost.....yet. Once more and more tests are created on my side along with a need to cover more devices then maybe it will work.
  • A minor area that could be improved would be the responsiveness of the video stream of active tests. Sometimes I need to refresh the browser to get the video to come on or update.
  • Another area of improvement would be the speed that tests can run. This has improved since I first started using Sauce Labs, but don't we all want everything, right now, immediately? I'm asking for the world, but you asked!
When there is a need to run tests against many different OS and browser combinations, but don't want to take resources away from other tasks to constantly maintain, build and support this type of infrastructure then Sauce Labs would be a perfect option. Sauce Labs has been less helpful when I've been doing mobile automation and I need to have device passcode and being able to push notifications. This may be possible now or in the future, but wasn't when I first looked into it.
Read Randall Kelley's full review
Deon Cravalho profile photo
July 16, 2018

User Review: "Sauce Labs is the way to go!"

• Always up and running: I'd say 99.9% it's up and running, as I've rarely experienced any down time with their VM farm machines.
  • Reliable: we run our automated tests on their VMs at least every hour, around the clock, and their service is very reliable and working properly.
  • Community: good online community of other people using Sauce Labs with tips/tricks; often see Sauce Labs at conferences and it's nice to talk with them about what they have planned (new features).
  • Reporting: overall reporting over a time period used to be an issue, but there new feature to support this is getting there and improving.
  • Logs: I don't find their logs very useful for front-end web tests, I usually refer to my own logs if I have a bug/issue/error that needs investigation.
  • Cost: it's a little bit pricey, but I don't pay the bill so I'm not complaining too much there. Overall, I'd say the price isn't ridiculous but it's not inexpensive.
I used to manage my own set of VMs and it was a major time-consuming task, complicated by trying to make sure they were always up/running. Now using Sauce Labs, this is no longer an issue as their VMs are up virtually all the time. This allows me to do more coding and less of the hectic VM management.
Read Deon Cravalho's full review
Michael Chang profile photo
July 06, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "Effective"

• Real device cloud is a much needed feature, and Sauce delivers.
  • We are in the process of evaluating Sauce Labs for real device testing.
  • The biggest strength of Sauce Labs is very easy to configure.
  • Many time performance of the execution is really slow, especially when connected with Sauce Connect.
  • need to support video playback on
  • No real device cloud access for open source projects.
  • Eliminate testing as a bottleneck
  • Improve quality by increasing browser/OS/device coverage
  • Move from waterfall to agile methodology
Read Michael Chang's full review
Vignesh Viswanathan profile photo
June 19, 2018

Review: "Automate your cross-browser testing with Sauce Labs"

• Many versions (includes older versions) of popular browsers like (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Edge etc.) are available
  • Great collection of real mobile devices available for testing
  • Works well with CI tools like Jenkins, CircleCI etc.
  • Has support for many programming languages like C#, Java, Python, Ruby etc.
  • Identifying flakey tests, slow tests can prove to be really useful
  • Live testing on VMs is slow i.e. there is a lag for the browser to perform actions after actually performing them
  • The metrics provided are very basic. This could be improved
Sauce Labs is well suited to test user interfaces on different browsers and on mobile devices. Sauce Labs may not be helpful if you do not use one of the programming languages supported by Sauce Labs. It is also not useful to you if your application does not have a UI (User Interface).
Read Vignesh Viswanathan's full review
Yao Di profile photo
June 13, 2018

User Review: "How you evaluate Sauce Labs"

We are using Sauce Labs to execute our automation scripts in parallel, and it's being used by the QA department for the moment. It gave us the flexibility to shorten our automation suites' execution time from 6 hours to 30 minutes. And we do not need to maintain those VM machines we are using, which saves a lot of time/resources as well.
  • They recorded the execution videos and you could play back and check the failure in time
  • Their help desk and customer support team are very helpful, always ready to answer any questions/issues you have while using their product
  • It's very easy to integrate Sauce Labs to almost very CI tools you are using
  • If you are using Selenium as the main automation tool in your organization, their VMs might not support the latest Selenium3 code
  • It's not that easy for debugging failures on Sauce Labs side, though all the test scripts are passing through our local machine
Their customer support team is very professional and prompt to answer the questions you have while using their product, and the on-boarding process is very smooth. But their feature release sometimes broke our automation scripts, though the scripts were passing in our local machine.
Read Yao Di's full review
Jean Carlos Diaz Freytes profile photo
August 31, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "Test in the cloud"

Continuous, deep, left-shifted testing executed in a CI/CD pipeline as a quality gate for build promotion into higher environments. Access to browsers, platforms, and devices for manual or automated testing we do not have physical access to. A platform for executing real browser tests that we cannot implement or maintain internally in a cost-effective manner.
  • Willow is generally compatible with the latest version of Appium, pretty fast
  • We use Sauce Labs to run a test on multiple devices (simulators).
  • We use Sauce Labs to execute automation scripts in different browsers in the cloud
  • There is not much information on what is causing the issue but it works when I restart it. It would also be nice if the tests are a little faster since the time for the tests to complete is a bit slow
  • The main point that I have actually dealt with was the cloud service is a bit sluggish. Often when I run it, it takes a substantially long period of time to finish executions. It is bit sluggish and took at some point to carry out action
We solved the following problems:
  • Reproduce user's bugs or problems in a certain platform, OS version, Browser, and version.
  • Cross-browsing tests.
  • Run in a remote browser our E2e tests, in an isolated context, not our CI content. Sauce helps us to improve our CI build duration and let us forget about Selenium grid maintenance.
Read Jean Carlos Diaz Freytes's full review
Alexander Cassar profile photo
August 17, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "Simple way to run tests on multiple platform/browser combinations"

Sauce Labs is used by our QA team during the app development process. We have integrated it with our build pipeline, where it runs our automated regression tests against multiple different browsers in order to make sure our app's core functions work on all platforms. It saves us a ton of time and headache from having to perform the same test multiple times on every browser, and from needing to use our own personal VM's for windows and internet explorer.
  • Easy to integrate with other automation processes such as selenium and Jenkins
  • Has a large range of platform/browser combinations to chose from, even mobile
  • It could be a little faster
Sauce Labs is all about making the testing process easier. So yes, could you go and download multiple browsers, on many different types of VM's? Yes, but it would be a huge headache. Sauce Labs is a one-stop shop, easy to use tool for all of that. Perhaps it would be less appropriate to use Sauce Labs if you have one specific test case you're trying to run against a browser/platform you already have access to.
Read Alexander Cassar's full review
Himanshu Singal profile photo
July 18, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "Increase test coverage and improve user experience"

It is being used by the QA department. It saves time to verify and access all devices. One portal for all devices makes it easy for all quality assurance engineers to test and ship fast. It improved our organization by reducing escaped bugs. The best part of Sauce Lab for the whole QA team is that they will test on the same set of devices and test are captured even for manual.
  • Different OS
  • Fast and reliable
  • Different browsers
  • Save money on devices
  • Add more real devices
Suited:
  1. Test the same feature in multiple devices and browsers
  2. Test feature in older versions and even older OS versions are present which make it awesome.
  3. Save time to upgrade your real device. Emulators in Sauce Labs are readily available
  4. Test dashboard and capture manual execution video
Not suited:
  1. Less real time devices
  2. Some features are better to test in real device
Read Himanshu Singal's full review
Julio Gomez Ramirez profile photo
July 06, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "Amazing"

Sauce Labs has been very [important] to our project. We have used Sauce Labs to run our CI builds for both mobile and desktop web applications, as well as for nightly regression builds. The only reason we have stopped using Sauce Labs is due to project budget and the removal of an automated QA Resource. Still, we have hooked up a pretty spiffy Jenkins, Sauce, and several 3rd party web-metric systems (such as YSlow or Pagespeed) to capture a nightly set of performance data.
  • As an advocate for the unit and functional testing, I can safely say that Sauce Labs has been the reason we have been successful in catching several major and minor regression issues before they ever made their way into production.
  • There is still some integration to go with Github and several other similar tools.. but Sauce is already appearing to be on that track. With all of the innovations they have made over the past year and a half, I am really looking forward to the changes they have planned for the future.
We capture bugs before they make it to production and once the setup is done, the automation tester gets to focus on what the job title says they ought to focus on: automation testing. Without worrying about infrastructure, we really hit the nail on the head and let our testers shine... and ultimately be more effective as testers.
Read Julio Gomez Ramirez's full review
Vishal Menon profile photo
October 10, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "Why we chose Saucelabs as our Cross-browser testing platform within our mission critical team."

Sauce Labs is a relatively new tool in the kit of all audited enterprise tools being used in one of the largest Financial institutions I am part of. It is a highly recommended platform for teams to perform cross-browser testing. After an easy integration process, Sauce Labs allows us to test our projects from iPad screens to Firefox, Chrome and IE running on almost any combination of Operating Systems.
  • Multiple browser options to choose from.
  • Real devices along with simulators
  • Integration with a wide variety of frameworks.
  • Use of camera on real mobile devices. Eg: QR Scanning

- Multi-browser testing scenarios.

- Real mobile device testing

- Enterprise grade tool.

Read Vishal Menon's full review
Zukky Baig profile photo
June 05, 2018

"Quick review of Sauce Labs"

Our company is using Sauce Labs across our organisation. We have many different product teams that rely on a frontend, which is public facing and has a throughput of millions of customers. It is imperative that we have tests that are reliable and fast to ensure we haven't introduced a regression bug in our development. We have it running in our continuous integration pipelines, which we use on per 'push' of code to our master branch. And I have to say, Sauce Labs delivers. It is fast, reliable and allows me to scale to a different testing browser/device quickly and easily.
  • Easy to run a Selenium test on a device. Add 3-4 capabilities, pass it into a driver instance, and boom. You are connected to Sauce Labs.
  • Screenshots, videos, network logs, build monitoring, it's got a lot of tools that make it easy to debug a test and figure out what in the AUT is causing test failure.
  • Uptime is high, we rarely have problems with their services.
  • Mobile and tablet devices use emulators, which are extremely slow. The reason why they are slow is because they boot up a fresh VM on each test run. This adds minutes to a test, even if the test is 10s long. If there was a way whereby we could run a test on VM's which are already booted and ready to go, it will save immense amounts of time.
  • Cookie view for a test: we manipulate areas of the cookies at times for debugging. It makes life easier if a snapshot of cookies with their key:values are stored in the Sauce Labs test run dashboard for viewing. This would aid us in saving much time.
  • You can have a licence of 50 virtual machines and 5 accounts who share these 50 VMs. However, when you are logged into one of these accounts, and run i.e. 49 tests and then log in to another account, it still shows 50 VM's free when that is not the case. This causes other tests on other accounts to fail, which makes teams lose faith not only in Sauce Labs but in the test frameworks. I wish this area was more visible to all accounts and handled better in the console output.
It has many devices and browsers with different configurations for different OS, which are easy to hook your test harness up to. Add to the fact that it has many debugging options and is customisable, you have a good candidate for a stable cross-device testing platform.
Read Zukky Baig's full review
Nelson Freytes profile photo
August 17, 2018

Sauce Labs: "Review in the cloud"

The whole organization does all the necessary tests and faster than many other programs.
  • Mobile testing with Appium
  • Recording of all test runs
  • Adopting new technologies like XCUITest and Espresso allow for the use of industry standard tools in test automation
  • Having access to browsers and devices in beta would be ideal
  • They have been having increased unexpected downtime lately. This is interruptive at times.
It makes our lives much easier since we do not have to maintain multiple browsers and WebDrivers to perform tests.
Read Nelson Freytes's full review
November 02, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "Amazing website"

At this time we are currently using Sauce Labs across the entire organization. Within 1 to 2 months of being hired, we all get an invite to join Sauce Labs from our email and then we're set a couple of reminder emails as well. Our organization is B2B software, and our goal is that no matter what department you're in, you'll be educated on the technology we all ultimately work with. We're all encouraged to take additional training to get ourselves up to speed about different kinds of software and technology, as well as troubleshooting devices and codes. What my team specifically uses is Sauce Labs University, which is where we can build our knowledge of IT and coding that we can apply to our job. The benefit that we get from this is that we can better understand what goes on in the back end, and we can therefore work more efficiently and better address customer-facing questions.
  • One thing that Sauce Labs does very well is continuing to provide education for technological products, so that we stay up to speed and are even able to learn new things that we never knew before. I definitely saw myself applying a lot of the new concepts that I learned, such as automated testing.
  • I also love the Secret Sauce where we can learn about new product updates for Sauce Labs, as well as learn about upcoming events such as SauceCon. I love being able to stay abreast of a company that I love, as well as be able to learn of more interactive meetings where I can meet tech-minded people, as well as the Sauce company, i.e. Saucecon.
  • I really love the customer service. Once in the Forum, I had a question, and Alyssa the VP actually gave me a reply, and was very quick to respond as well as very friendly. I've never had a company where the leadership was so responsive and so eager to dive in with customers on issues and questions that they have. This definitely shows that Sauce isn't just about getting profits, and that they truly deeply care about making the customers happy and successful.
  • Lastly, I love how Sauce University has a stash which encourages friendly competition among team members. It shows who has the most points, which encourages us to continue to actively participate in those trainings and challenges and quizzes. This in turn adds an element of fun to our work.
  • In Sauce University trainings, it would be nice we could receive more in-depth information, as opposed to a short paragraph of information. As a beginner in the technological field, I would definitely find that helpful. Maybe they could do something where you can create a link to show more details, so that more advanced readers don't have to open it, but beginners can actually open up that link to read more.
  • Also, it would be nice if in the trainings you would include the videos as well because a lot of people are visual learners.
  • I wish it were easier to search through the Sauce Labs help page. Sometimes it takes quite a few searches to get to the right result. For instance, I'm not sure if I should click on Knowledge Base or Documentation or Support- there's too much to click-through. There should just be a Search All button that would search across the whole Sauce Labs page, so that we can easily find the answer that we need.
  • Our team especially loves the challenges, because again that fosters friendly competition and encourages us to continue to learn more about the product and the tech, as well as hone previous skills we've learned through Sauce Labs. We definitely hope that more of those classes come out every week, so we can dive deeper into each concept. I think there should be a feedback page where we can submit ideas for the classes that we would like to see.
I would say that Sauce Labs is best suited for troubleshooting internal issues that we do have customers. Currently we do use Sauce Labs with JIRA integration which easily allows us to keep track of the tickets that we are sending to a technical team on the half of our clients that utilize our software. It also allows our technical team to use that interface to investigate what's going on in the background for the issues that our clients AK and users are facing.

It's also well suited for educational purposes, because you get to use Sauce University as well as attend any boot camps to continue to broaden your knowledge and become a stronger technological resource in the company.
November 01, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "Testing Automation at its Finest"

Sauce Labs is used across the organization on many consumer-facing teams. It is our primary method of regression testing, freeing QA resources up from manual testing. Sauce Labs also takes into account the infrastructure aspect, which is a huge time/cost sink if an organization would have to build that in-house.
  • Infrastructure as a service - we do not need to worry about spinning up machines or VMs.
  • Scalable based on demands of the company.
  • View recordings of the automated tests.
  • Live manual test support.
  • Mobile device support.
  • UI not the most responsive.
  • SauceConnect tunnel sometimes fails for no reason.
Great for automating your QA test/regression use cases, especially for frontend (including web and mobile). Great for integrating with CI/CD (continuous integration continuous delivery) pipelines like Jenkins. Comes with a built-in Jenkins plugin that makes the integration easy. SauceConnect allows tunneling to internal sites, which allow this to be leveraged for both production facing and internal/dev sites.
November 02, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "Testing made easy and quick."

We used Sauce Labs integrated with our automated testing platform for front-end testing of Salesforce applications. That involved both SFDC B2C and B2B applications.
  • Comprehensive platform coverage including all the browsers and operating systems we were looking for. We did not test anything on mobile.
  • It saved time on the regression test cycle time and enabled quicker releases to production.
  • Video recordings of the test execution were very helpful to triage failures and resolve.
  • Cost could be lower - some of the team members felt Sauce Labs was a little expensive but I do not have more details on that.
I recommend Sauce Labs for the fact that how quickly we can create test environments with this and the ability to have videos and screenshots of tests along with live viewing of videos as tests are executed which helps to quickly come to know about any issue even before the test execution is completed.

October 22, 2018

"A Sauce labs review"

Automated UI tests are all currently running on Sauce Labs and Testobject. It solves the issue of having to maintain a server that runs emulators/simulators.
  • The devices are really up to date. For example, the latest iPhone became part of the list almost as soon as it was released.
  • Ability to tunnel to a different location so you can run tests on a specific region.
  • Customer support is quite responsive.
  • Testobject analytics - we've had a hard time ordering tests
  • Test start time - sometimes takes a while to upload an app to a device and start test execution
  • Price - it's a bit on the expensive side
Sauce Labs is really good if your use case requires you to test on multiple devices with different OS, as their list of devices is quite big. You won't have to maintain the list (as Sauce Labs already does that for you,) so you just have to worry about writing your tests.
June 13, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "This Sauce is good, but needs a little more flavor"

Sauce is primarily being used by our Digital team for mobile and browser-based testing. As a financial services firm, we have tight restrictions on what browser/OS combinations that can be installed on in-house machines. Sauce Labs provides us the ability to test on primary browser/OS combinations that our customers use.
  • Wide and deep offerings of browser and OS combinations
  • Quick support for new releases versions of browsers
  • Includes mobile emulators
  • Supports both manual and automated testing
  • Recent stability issues and outages
  • Lack of deep technical support for Windows-based Sauce Connect Tunnels
  • The online dashboard provides basic data, but in-depth analysis and drill down is not possible. We run over 10,000 tests a day and can be difficult to find patterns on errors and failed tests
Great capability for supporting automated regression test suites and manual testing across our organization. The technical support team has been very attentive and willing to meet to work with us, but at times their knowledge of running the tunnels on Windows servers is lacking. Our attempts to leverage it for our CI/CD pipeline testing with quality gates have not been successful due to sauce labs stability issues, tunnel issues and security restrictions on our side.
November 02, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "Using SauceLabs enterprise-wide"

Run UI bases tests to mimic actual browser on variety of devices.
  • Multiple browsers, Multiple OS available for running tests.
  • Difficult to maintain these server farm in-house.
  • Someone maintains the server farm for us and provides as SaaS offering.
  • Tests take longer to run as compared to in-house. This makes overall tests suite completing slow, slowing our deployment time.
Best suited - want to quickly get started with multiple platform tests.
Least suited - where your test suite used to run for hours, it will now take days.
June 13, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "Good infrastructure for automated testing"

It is used by the whole organization for cross-browser testing and automated web flow. We had lots of UI components which has to be tested across browsers. Also we are using mobile testing for Android and iPhone devices.
  • Sauce Labs enables easy debugging by providing video for the test case, Selenium log and step by step command.
  • Accessing Sauce Labs is easy, I mean good documentation
  • Email notifications when in Sauce Labs have maintenance activity
  • Customer support ticket should be responded faster
  • Mostly every weekend has maintenance activity, if it is reduced it will be good
If customer wants to test automated cross-browser testing and mobile test, then Sauce Labs will suite them well.
June 13, 2018

Sauce Labs: "A Sauce Review"

Helps us with our user acceptance tests for multiple browser analysis.
  • spin up environments
  • Sauce connect! For running on my local machine
  • review archives of runs across environments
  • concurrent sessions
  • logs can be more descriptive
  • tests run significantly slower when pointed at SL
Even with the cons, SL is very useful for Software teams
Javier Cardoso profile photo
March 02, 2018

User Review: "Sauce Labs = Amazing Labs"

Sauce Labs is used by Developer Teams to run their e2e Selenium tests. Sauce Labs is managed by a cross-department (testing team) but it's used across the whole organization (not only in IT department) It's used also by Customer Service teams or Email Marketing teams.

The main business problems that it addresses is helping us to understand customers' problems or bugs and make a visual and functionality check before or after a deployment.
  • Cross Browsing: It's a large list of OS, Browsers and Versions really updated.
  • Really aaS: Sauce is really an as a service product, you just use it when you want with really a few clicks.
  • Documentation rocks: They have a large knowledge base documented for all their customers.
  • Analytics: The have a nice analytics service to understand you test trends.
  • Allow CIs stateless: With Sauce Connect it's possible to get a CI-CD environment really stateless without needing to install and maintain a lot of tools and infrastructure.
  • Speed: We've some speed issues with "Live Testing" it's a bit slow and in our agile environment is a little sad.
  • Sauce and Testobject: It's wired to use 2 platforms when it's the same company. I wish it was all Saucelabs...It'd be more useful to explain to all the people that it's another service of the same company.
SauceLabs suits if:
* You need to run your tests in a lot of browsers and versions. It's very useful to be used for cross-browsing and visual pixel perfect tests.
* You need to delegate the maintenance of the selenium infrastructure. It's awesome to forget about browsers or OS releases and all the problems involved with it.

SauceLabs doesn't suit if:
* You need a fast environment to run manual tests.
* You are looking for a fast UI.
Read Javier Cardoso's full review
Anvesh Malhotra profile photo
March 01, 2018

Sauce Labs: "Reduce Infrastructure cost and accelerate your software delivery"

It is used widely across the organization to implement cross-platform testing. It resolves the infrastructure problem of getting new devices or upgrading versions of the operating system or the browser.
  • Applications behind a firewall can be easily tested using the sauce tunnel. This helps us not expose our applications to public for testing on a cloud platform
  • Platform versions are frequently updated and can be configured easily using desired capabilities.
  • Debugging becomes easy as you could watch a replay of the test or debug using command tool or even get the selenium logs.
  • Integrate with QASymphony for test management.
  • Use extended debugging tool at run time instead of uploading metadata for test run
  • Increase test speed by reducing OS startup
If you don’t want to deal with real device cost and you want to deliver software within tight timelines use SauceLabs. It helps reduce the infrastructure cost and regular maintenance of devices. Also, all team members can access the devices for Manual and Automated testing
Read Anvesh Malhotra's full review
Brook Beam profile photo
February 22, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "The Best Continuous Delivery Testing Service That's Continuously Improving"

As we began architecting a CI/CD pipeline in our SDLC, a need quickly arose for left-shifted, continuous testing of our web applications in real browsers. Specifically, a service that could integrate seamlessly with our Jenkins CI servers and executing tests continuously against our Dockerized applications and firewalled environments. Furthermore, our company does not have the resources to implement and maintain a proprietary Selenium Grid for test distribution. Sauce Labs addresses all of these concerns, and furthermore offers a platform for manually debugging applications in any combination of platforms, browsers, and devices needed, either from an automated test script or from a manual test session. The largest selling point for our needs is its relatively seamless integration with our Jenkins CI servers, including detailed playback and test reports per build job, as well as easy configuration of the proxy tunnel used to access our firewalled environments and desired browsers-under-test, right from the Jenkins UI via their Sauce OnDemand Jenkins plugin.
  • Sauce Labs offers the single best solution for integrating deep automated browser testing in a CI/CD pipeline, and integrates best with Jenkins over their competition.
  • The Sauce Connect Proxy is a necessary technology for companies who have firewalled testing environments, as well as localhost testing.
  • The Jenkins UI plugin offers a way to easily configure browser settings for tests being executed continuously.
  • Browser support is quick to be updated as new versions of browsers are released.
  • The custom capabilities that can be provided to Sauce Labs VMs during automated testing sessions are a valuable option for experimental or niche testing.
  • The Jenkins Sauce OnDemand plugin could have more options available to tap into more of the custom capabilities Sauce Labs actually supports. Currently, in order to tap into these capabilities, a programatic solution is required from test code, rather than being able to configure them via the Jenkins plugin UI. For example, things like desktop resolution, browser automation binary versions, remote Selenium version, and browser console logs.
  • Some issues with the Sauce Connect Proxy on our Jenkins servers failing to start, which makes the optimal CI/CD pipeline come to a halt. Better documentation, logging, and more intuitive configuration around the Sauce Connect Proxy would take what is already an industry leading feature to the next level.
  • User account management needs an overhauls, allowing for user groups, rather than just a hierarchy structure.
  • Test job queuing is first-come-first-serve, meaning there is no in-built way to queue batches of jobs from, say, different Jenkins servers/accounts.
If your need is architecting a CI/CD pipeline with left-shifted continuous real browser testing, then there is simply no better service available than Sauce Labs to integrate with this desired model. They are a smaller company than their leading competitor, but they are rapidly innovating in the right direction, and lead the charge in continuous automated testing. If, however, your need is specific to manual test sessions, or manually-executed automated test scripts, then their competition becomes more appealing given price points, market solidification, and support.
Read Brook Beam's full review
Corey Rutledge profile photo
February 05, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "Great for seasoned software testers, but may be a bit overwhelming to those newer to running [automated] tests"

Within the last 9 months, I used Sauce Labs to test cross-browser capability (similar to what I would do with Browser Stack), as well to do automated Node.js tests with Selenium Web Driver running on Sauce. Given the size of the organization where I work Sauce Labs is obviously used on a departmental case-by-case basis; specifically, some dev teams use it and some do not. Sauce Labs efficiently tests many desktop/mobile/tablet browser-platform combinations - great use case for automation, speeding up delivery times, while improving accuracy.
  • The many possible desktop/mobile/tablet browser-platform combos
  • More thorough than other competitive solutions as a means of testing cross-browser functionality
  • Versatile in that it supports different languages for automated tests, from C#, PHP & Java to even JS (Node.js)
  • Has an extensive wiki at https://wiki.saucelabs.com - very helpful!
  • Can feel a bit overwhelming when first integrating in a project - that is to say, may seem a bit complex to implement and navigate at first, however, and in fairness, as a front-end software developer and web designer less seasoned than say a veteran software test engineer, a more experienced tester might not share the same experience
  • Login credentials have been problematic (could be do to some SSO glitch on my end)
  • User interface is somewhere between "good" and "mediocre", relying more on the assumed knowledge of the tester (could be intentional design choice)
Good for: - automated testing, especially Selenium Web Driver - cross-browser testing - analytics (so I have observed - I didn't actually get into analytics evaluations myself)

May be overkill for: - smaller websites and apps

Read Corey Rutledge's full review

About Sauce Labs

Sauce Labs is a cloud-based platform for automated testing of desktop and mobile applications. It is designed to be instantly scalable, since it is optimized for continuous integration workflows. (The vendor says that when tests are automated and run in parallel on multiple virtual machines across many different browser, platform and device combinations, testing time is reduced and developer time is freed up from managing infrastructure.) The Sauce Labs testing cloud is intended to be paired with a CI system. According to the vendor, this combination allows developers to easily test desktop and hybrid, native and mobile web applications early on in their development cycles, continuously and affordably.

Sauce Labs provides enterprise-grade security via Sauce Connect™, its secure tunneling protocol for testing behind a firewall while maintaining control of proxy and access policies. Tests are run in the company’s secure data center and VMs are destroyed (not “wiped”) after each run, ensuring customer data is never exposed to future sessions. After tests are completed the Sauce Labs’ dashboard provides a unique build-oriented report with metadata, access to Selenium logs, screenshots, video recordings, and a complete list of commands and responses. Support for SSO lets customers provision new user accounts on the fly with centralized user account management, access control, and usage reporting.

Sauce Labs Features

Sauce Labs Integrations

Sauce Labs Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Entry-level set up fee?Optional

Free service available for Open Source projects.

Sauce Labs Support Options