- Used for A/B and multi-variate testing via regex substitutions directly into the website source code.
- Not as friendly to those without programmer coding expertise.
- Analytics require more of a learning curve to interpret.
- Tech-support and customer support are more left to in-company representatives than at SiteSpect themselves.
- Helped dictate web design (UI) via A/B and multi-variate testing. Allowed us to redesign user forms and registration pages.
- Helped contribute to the decision to add Facebook Connect (registration) to our homepage sign-up module.
While it is very powerful and versatile in the hands of trained programmers, for those non-programmers who end up using it on a day-to-day basis this code-oriented approach is less user-friendly and too esoteric to fully utilize. It can hold back testing progress and infringe on the engineer's time to demand they implement all the site test variations.
Great for programmers involved in A/B and multivariate site testing. But too cumbersome and esoteric for anyone else.