Great PR Tool
February 03, 2014
Great PR Tool
Score 9 out of 10
I used Social Mention to look up certain keywords in tweets. I wanted to see the content my client was being associated with and how many tweets I could find on a specific PR initiative. The sentiment tool helped me see how my client was perceived on social media.
- It grabs key words from tweets and lets you see the frequency of those tweets in real time.
- It's basic and easy to use. I mainly used it for Twitter; however, it helps with Facebook searches too. Finding Facebook content without Social Mention was harder because you cannot search directly on the Facebook platform; Social Mention grabs all the content into one place.
- The number of "unique authors" was especially helpful in providing me with more insight about my client in social media.
- I was never able to find where I could search only Twitter or only Facebook - that could be helpful.
- Overally, it had a positive impact when we needed to get numbers and monitoring context on social media in real time. It gives a great overview while doing a deep dive into more intricate areas of social content.
I've also used GroupHigh to evaluate blogs - I like this tool because it gives me exact numbers on impressions and Twitter and Facebook followers. I can also search keywords on this database and search by location to pull blogs with the content and level of popularity/credibility I need for a project.
I love that Social Mention is so easy to use. It does not take a long time to learn how to navigate the site when you need information quickly. I don't use it as much in my new job, but I recommend it for basic monitoring and when you need social media information right away.
I mostly use it for monitoring my clients and how they're being perceived on social media. It's hard to search on these platforms by yourself and you would never be able to create a credible analysis on sentiment or strength of the content around your keywords without a tool like this. It makes monitoring easier and less time consuming.