SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer - Recommended
Updated July 17, 2020

SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer - Recommended

Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer

It allows us to keep a close eye on our database. In the event we run into slowdowns, we can easily identify the issue using SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer before larger issues pop up. Since we've implemented it, we are able to proactively keep our system running smoother with fewer service interruptions.
  • Automatically emails me weekly reports so I can keep an eye on our database performance.
  • Easily identify problem queries.
  • Helps us optimized our code.
  • The initial learning curve is a little steep.
  • A better explanation of the features would be nice.
  • Navigation is sometimes a little tough.
  • It has allowed us to increase our up time.
  • Gained the ability to get further details into what is causing bottlenecks in our database.
  • Allows reporting to show higher-ups what is going on on our database.
We recently released a new build of our in-house software. We were experiencing very high utilization on our database server which essentially stopped all critical usage in our database. Using SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer, we were quickly able to figure out exactly what query was causing the issue and resolve the problem much faster then we would have been able to without SolarWinds.
We have looked at the tuning, but at this point, we have not been able to implement any tuning recommendations
We started using a couple of other SolarWinds products and were very happy with the results. Adding Database Performance Analyzer to our inventory of IT tools was a natural choice for us.
It's very helpful to have the robust reporting features available when you have a mission-critical database. We need to be aware of what is happening on our server and be able to tune and adjust as required to keep things running fast and smooth. SolarWinds DPA allows us to do this.

SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer Support

SolarWinds has always had great response times for getting back to me on any inquires I have had. They seem to have a good size support staff for all the various products they offer. I have nothing negative to say about their support and would have no problem suggesting it to others.
Direct access to most experience support engineers - As mentioned they seem to have good knowledgeable support staff. They have always been able to provide me with answers in a timely fashion and I am happy to have access to this resource. I found there was a bit of a learning curve to some of our products so having good support is important.
This is something we have not yet taken advantage of. Its good to know that they have this service available so its there when we are ready to go ahead and use it. I have no doubt that it would live up to the typical SolarWinds support levels that we have seen with their other products
Everytime we have reached out to them they have been able to provide us the support we have requested. Even times where I have needed support doing something that actually can't be done by the system. There staff was still able to explain that it was a limitation and currently unsupported
This is another feature that I have no yet used. I would imagine it would work just as well as their other products and other support offerings. Staying current is essential with all the new vulnerabilities being discovered it is very important to us that we are able to keep all products updated