Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds ipMonitor
ipmonitor is geared towards smaller environments. It's a great alternative product if you need additional monitoring on certain environments, which might fall outside your core monitoring platforms. We already use a lot of the SolarWinds products across the organization. We needed to monitor some DEV environments that we didn't place under our main monitoring umbrella.
- Really easy to setup and configure
- No learning curve
- Simple alerting system with no complex rules
- It's basic at best in terms of advanced features, but it's geared towards this so that is no surprise.
- Its also free so you can't really complain much.
- Simple alerts against server based metrics. Issues can be spotted during sprint phases
- Free edition is excellent and requries little to no training at all to use
There are some great free or low-cost tools out there. It all depends on your budget and size. We have used a wide variety of products over the years but we recently switched our entire monitoring backbone to SolarWinds products only. They cover just about everything and ipMonitor is great for monitoring the environments we spin up in tests.