SolarWinds
https://www.trustradius.com/network-performance-monitoringSolarWinds Network Performance MonitorUnspecified8.7387101
Ben Keen profile photo
November 07, 2018

SolarWinds

Score 8 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor

We use NPM to monitor our entire network which includes our corporate locations, our multi-billion dollar website and all our brick and mortar locations. Using NPM, we have been able to identify issues causing slowness with both the internal and external networks. This has allowed us to improve the overall customer support, and also allowed a quicker turnaround for our sales.
  • We have been able to identify issues with our network design
  • We have been able to identify issues with our service providers and were able to correct them quickly
  • We identified issues with discards and other network-related problems that cause performance issues between our corporate data center and our corporate offices.
  • I would like to see NPM show some easier to understand results. As a non-network guy myself, I know the information is useful but I still need a network engineer to help explain things to me.
We started with the out of box alerts but have moved to use more custom alerts based on our network 's specific requirements. Having the ability to alert on issues has saved us a lot of resources, because we are becoming more proactive rather than reactive.
  • Saved us money by allowing our network resources to be used better and more efficiently
  • We have identified some critical issues that were impacting everything, and we were able to correct most of them quickly.
It's well suited for a lot of different types of networks but I would highly recommend looking at which ports you want to monitor and set up a template before importing all the network gear.

SolarWinds NPM Feature Ratings